The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing picture of the year

+5
Groundhog
Rum Capital
GrantZilla
captainanddew
hardcorebee24
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Boxing picture of the year - Page 3 Empty Re: Boxing picture of the year

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:lots of right models.bob foster was another...

Probably better. That guy fought like the Washington Momument on wheels with a flock of attack condors coming out of the observation window.

That is an impressive analogy. Have you been taking a writing course at adult ed?

I am as gratified by your compliment as an old spinster who is being pursued by a handsome young man who is richer than Croesus.

I have been matriculating at several internet based institutions of higher learning in an ongoing effort to improve my admittedly weaker than a drunk Scotsman writing efforts.

Wow, I'm very impressed. That's awesome.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:53 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Probably better. That guy fought like the Washington Momument on wheels with a flock of attack condors coming out of the observation window.

That is an impressive analogy. Have you been taking a writing course at adult ed?

I am as gratified by your compliment as an old spinster who is being pursued by a handsome young man who is richer than Croesus.

I have been matriculating at several internet based institutions of higher learning in an ongoing effort to improve my admittedly weaker than a drunk Scotsman writing efforts.

I almost vomited when I reread that. Ugh.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:09 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I almost vomited when I reread that. Ugh.

Nah man, it was funny. I laughed.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:15 am

Heh at you guys saying Williams should fight like Hearns, Foster, Wlad. All those guys had freakish power.

Wiliams doesn't have power. He's got a decent pop when he sits down on his punches, but nothing that would keep a tough chin brute off him.

That's what's so annoying with Wlad. He could knock the bums he faces out in 1-2 rounds tops. Instead rather just jab because he's scared a punch might come near his china chin
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:21 am

GrantZilla wrote:Heh at you guys saying Williams should fight like Hearns, Foster, Wlad. All those guys had freakish power.
Wiliams doesn't have power. He's got a decent pop when he sits down on his punches, but nothing that would keep a tough chin brute off him.

That's what's so annoying with Wlad. He could knock the bums he faces out in 1-2 rounds tops. Instead rather just jab because he's scared a punch might come near his china chin

True but it doesn't matter. PW would do better whether he was a Foster quality puncher or Grantzilla quality puncher by fighting tall, long and off his back foot. It would be less exciting but far more effective.

I mean if you're gonna fight a big puncher do you want to make your chin up close and easy to hit or further away?

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:34 am

I think it's very hard to fight tall and win fights in the middleweight divisions when you don't got heavy artilary to keep opponents at bay.

Wlad can fight tall because he hits so hard it discourges his opponents from getting cute with him. And even more significant, almost all his oppoents are slow, plodding, unskilled bums.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:08 am

Ali wrote:

It was tough for Paul to get welterweight fights when he was winning, now he'll virtually have no chance.

Perhaps Sergei D's HBO debut would be a good choice for Paul.

that's what I'd like to see

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:19 am

So he get's hiss ass kicked, and now got to go fight the little guys? Heh

What I always said about Williams. Has to go pick on the smaller guys because he'd get his ass beat in weights he belongs at
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:09 pm

We've seen Williams show power, when he actually sits on his punches

Quintana, Kolle KOs and the beating he put on Winky

He was just in with a better fighter who exploited his weaknesses, Paul needs a new trainer ASAP

And if Im his managers/promoters, I have him face everyone at 154

Only two fighters that I might pick against Paul, Angulo or Sergei D
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Canvas wrote:
Ali wrote:

It was tough for Paul to get welterweight fights when he was winning, now he'll virtually have no chance.

Perhaps Sergei D's HBO debut would be a good choice for Paul.

that's what I'd like to see

Id keep him away from another quick southpaw boxer, build towards that fight, plenty of names to keep him active at 154
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:11 pm

GrantZilla wrote:So he get's hiss ass kicked, and now got to go fight the little guys? Heh

What I always said about Williams. Has to go pick on the smaller guys because he'd get his ass beat in weights he belongs at

He belongs at whatever weight he can make and perform. My guess is that's 154 today.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:00 pm

I still can't believe the ref was counting him out, didn't he see how Paul fell? He should've been calling 911 not counting LOL!
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:51 pm

Freddie1437 wrote:I still can't believe the ref was counting him out, didn't he see how Paul fell? He should've been calling 911 not counting LOL!

lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3