The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing picture of the year

+5
Groundhog
Rum Capital
GrantZilla
captainanddew
hardcorebee24
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Boxing picture of the year - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing picture of the year

Post  dbudge Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:47 pm

the next picture along in that sequence is equally as good

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:48 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I'm sure PW is a nice guy and all. And it's not like he's a BAD fighter, it is just that he could be so much more...or I think he could have been.

He's go a TON of energy, a mild personality and tremendous natural talent. One would think that the cpmbination would lead to a highly coachable guy who could be trained to be highly technically efficient. For whatever reason it jsut hasn't happened.

Now given all this I STILL think he's more than a handful for any 147 (assuming he can makes it) and he's among the best 154's on the planet.

like a lot of talented fighters these days, its on the trainer

George Peterson doesnt strike me as a teacher of the game
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:48 pm

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:50 pm

wow. that's like in the movies where the protagonists are walking away in slo-mo with their backs turned from an explosion.. only this explosion was PW hitting the deck cool

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:52 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:I'm sure PW is a nice guy and all. And it's not like he's a BAD fighter, it is just that he could be so much more...or I think he could have been.

He's go a TON of energy, a mild personality and tremendous natural talent. One would think that the cpmbination would lead to a highly coachable guy who could be trained to be highly technically efficient. For whatever reason it jsut hasn't happened.

Now given all this I STILL think he's more than a handful for any 147 (assuming he can makes it) and he's among the best 154's on the planet.

like a lot of talented fighters these days, its on the trainer

George Peterson doesnt strike me as a teacher of the game

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Groundhog wrote:

wow. that's like in the movies where the protagonists are walking away in slo-mo with their backs turned from an explosion.. only this explosion was PW hitting the deck cool

yeah he took a big step and then the right hand went up. Watching last night, for me, PW dropped in slow motion. It was amazing.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Groundhog wrote:

Laughing Give Sergio long hair and he's Antonio Banderas in Desperado.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Ali wrote:
Groundhog wrote:

....and zorro..ask pavik.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:42 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Groundhog wrote:

....and zorro..ask pavik.

lol he carved a Z into Kelly's eye.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:04 pm

I'll tell you why Williams hasn't improved and isn't as good as he should.

It's a disease that is killing all young fighters these days. It's called INACTIVITY
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:09 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'll tell you why Williams hasn't improved and isn't as good as he should.

It's a disease that is killing all young fighters these days. It's called INACTIVITY

Is that a synonym for Al Haymon?

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Williams is only gonne be able to compete with top-notch fighters at welter, where his physical advantages give him a big head-start. At 154 and 160 his lack of basic boxing fundamentals along with his no defense hands at the waist style will get him killed to death by anyone who can punch a bit.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:26 pm

I agree BL, I honestly felt Cintron was on his way to dropping Williams before he scuba dived into the crowds lap.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:09 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'll tell you why Williams hasn't improved and isn't as good as he should.

Bingo!

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:16 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

Bingo!

Inactivity and I doubt there is a serious desire to teach him how to fight properly. After the first round the trainer told him to keep doing what he was doing, and "let your hands go". There is more to boxing than letting your hands go. With the dimensions he has, if he had been taught how to box properly then he could have been a menace.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:20 pm

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Bingo!

Inactivity and I doubt there is a serious desire to teach him how to fight properly. After the first round the trainer told him to keep doing what he was doing, and "let your hands go". There is more to boxing than letting your hands go. With the dimensions he has, if he had been taught how to box properly then he could have been a menace.

One of the things I got right before the fight was that the more frenetic the action, the better Sergio did. Paul Williams gifts dictate that he should be a measured, fight off the back foot, use the jab to control distance kind of fighter. I know the guy drives people crazy, but the right model for Williams is Wlad.

Last edited by marbleheadmaui on Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:22 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Bingo!

One of the things I got right before the fight was that the more frentic the action, the better Sergio did. Paul Williams gifts dictate that he should be a measured, fight off the back foot, use the jab to control distance kind of fighter. I know the guy drives people crazy, but the right model for Williams is Wlad.

Well, then it's high time he hires Manny Steward. Manny was kissing his ass last night because he sees a future client.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:23 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Bingo!

One of the things I got right before the fight was that the more frentic the action, the better Sergio did. Paul Williams gifts dictate that he should be a measured, fight off the back foot, use the jab to control distance kind of fighter. I know the guy drives people crazy, but the right model for Williams is Wlad.

Wlad isn't a bad model. The only problem I have with Wlad is that he waits way too long to use the right hand. Too many fights he jabs and throws minimal right hands until about round 6-7.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:24 pm

lots of right models.bob foster was another...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:25 pm

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Bingo!

Wlad isn't a bad model. The only problem I have with Wlad is that he waits way too long to use the right hand. Too many fights he jabs and throws minimal right hands until about round 6-7.

OK, fair point. How about with a little Hitman thrown in?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:26 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lots of right models.bob foster was another...

Probably better. That guy fought like the Washington Momument on wheels with a flock of attack condors coming out of the observation window.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:27 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

Probably better. That guy fought like the Washington Momument on wheels with a flock of attack condors coming out of the observation window.

That is an impressive analogy. Have you been taking a writing course at adult ed?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:33 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

That is an impressive analogy. Have you been taking a writing course at adult ed?

I am as gratified by your compliment as an old spinster who is being pursued by a handsome young man who is richer than Croesus.

I have been matriculating at several internet based institutions of higher learning in an ongoing effort to improve my admittedly weaker than a drunk Scotsman writing efforts.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:37 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I am as gratified by your compliment as an old spinster who is being pursued by a handsome young man who is richer than Croesus.

I have been matriculating at several internet based institutions of higher learning in an ongoing effort to improve my admittedly weaker than a drunk Scotsman writing efforts.

you do realize that putting drunk before Scotsman is redundant!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:38 pm

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

you do realize that putting drunk before Scotsman is redundant!

The department of redundancy department isn't covered until chapter 17.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next