The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing picture of the year

+5
Groundhog
Rum Capital
GrantZilla
captainanddew
hardcorebee24
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Boxing picture of the year Empty Boxing picture of the year

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:52 pm

hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Boxing picture of the year Empty Re: Boxing picture of the year

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Damn, he looks dead.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:55 pm

lol I've been seeing similar images all over the boxing sites today.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:57 pm

that was a brutal KO. PW better just take a good long time off. When he comes back, he needs to learn to fight tall, use a jab, and don't overextend on most of your shots (basically learn to box rather than just letting your extremely long limbs flow with no idea what you are doing).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:58 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Damn, he looks dead.

Totally. My god. I went out last night after the fight. When I got home I watched the KO on my DVR about fifteen times and still didn't see the left hook that Martinez landed! Razz

I did watch it so much that I started to feel bad for PW and his family. That was crushing and scary but fuck did I go ape shit when that punch landed.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:59 pm

captainanddew wrote:that was a brutal KO. PW better just take a good long time off. When he comes back, he needs to learn to fight tall, use a jab, and don't overextend on most of your shots (basically learn to box rather than just letting your extremely long limbs flow with no idea what you are doing).

That's a lot to ask a 29 year old. His best bet would be to go down to 147 and try and get a fight with some top ten ranked guys at that weight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:00 pm

captainanddew wrote:that was a brutal KO. PW better just take a good long time off. When he comes back, he needs to learn to fight tall, use a jab, and don't overextend on most of your shots (basically learn to box rather than just letting your extremely long limbs flow with no idea what you are doing).

Yup. Another example of what happens when a guy who knows what he's doing meets a guy who really doesn't.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:02 pm

He looks like Murphy after got blown to shit by Red Forman
Boxing picture of the year Robocop-murphy-3
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:03 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

That's a lot to ask a 29 year old. His best bet would be to go down to 147 and try and get a fight with some top ten ranked guys at that weight.

It was tough for Paul to get welterweight fights when he was winning, now he'll virtually have no chance.

Perhaps Sergei D's HBO debut would be a good choice for Paul.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:04 pm

GrantZilla wrote:He looks like Murphy after got blown to shit by Red Forman
Boxing picture of the year Robocop-murphy-3

What I found amazing was that he was up like nothing happened and did an interview after the KO!!!!
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:07 pm

what I remember best about the KO:
1-PW crumbled, when you are face planted you normally aren't getting up
2-Martinez took one big step and then raised the hand. Love when a fighter knows immediately the other guy is one punch KTFO.
3-The ref takes Martinez who has raised his hands to a neutral corner; Martinez could care less that it took a second or two as PW was out. But the HBO guys are talking when the ref is counting and seemed a little oblivious to what was going on. Max had to interrupt and say, "guys he isn't getting up." That was baffling to me when watching the replay. Why in the hell did they not realize immediately that PW was done? What were they watching.

I am still pissed about Martinez being announced first. What is that shit? He is the ring recognized champ at MW. Such bullshit.

I am baffled by the insistence of HBO to interview a guy who got KTFO. It isn't as if PW was a fighter the level of Mayweather, Pacquiao, etc... No need to hear him try to figure out what happened when he has no freaking clue.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Williams just like Berto are HBO's guys, even though they both can't draw flies to cow shit, and bring in terrible ratings.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:11 pm

captainanddew wrote:what I remember best about the KO:
2-Martinez took one big step and then raised the hand. Love when a fighter knows immediately the other guy is one punch KTFO.
3-The ref takes Martinez who has raised his hands to a neutral corner; Martinez could care less that it took a second or two as PW was out. But the HBO guys are talking when the ref is counting and seemed a little oblivious to what was going on. Max had to interrupt and say, "guys he isn't getting up." That was baffling to me when watching the replay. Why in the hell did they not realize immediately that PW was done? What were they watching.

I am still pissed about Martinez being announced first. What is that shit? He is the ring recognized champ at MW. Such bullshit.

I am baffled by the insistence of HBO to interview a guy who got KTFO. It isn't as if PW was a fighter the level of Mayweather, Pacquiao, etc... No need to hear him try to figure out what happened when he has no freaking clue.

Three words about the first bold: Al Fucking Haymon

Second bold: Especially that dolt Paul Williams, I have to read a book and do long division after he's done talking because he makes me stupider for listening to him.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:12 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:what I remember best about the KO:

Three words about the first bold: Al Fucking Haymon

Second bold: Especially that dolt Paul Williams, I have to read a book and do long division after he's done talking because he makes me stupider for listening to him.

I was trying to be nice about PW's interviewing skills. Several boxing writers have said he is a terrible interview, and I loathe having to listen to him as well.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:14 pm

LOL Paul's style of speaking is interesting, didn't he once say " I am going to kill him to death " or something like that ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:15 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:Damn, he looks dead.

Totally. My god. I went out last night after the fight. When I got home I watched the KO on my DVR about fifteen times and still didn't see the left hook that Martinez landed! Razz

I did watch it so much that I started to feel bad for PW and his family. That was crushing and scary but fuck did I go ape shit when that punch landed.
lol i screamed so loud "OH SHIIIIIIIIITTTTT SHIITTTT SHIIITTT HE DID ITT" that my wife came downstairs all pissed off because i woke our baby up. i didn't care though that was awesome.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:15 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Williams just like Berto are HBO's guys, even though they both can't draw flies to cow shit, and bring in terrible ratings.

To be fair on Paul the majority of his fights are pretty entertaining.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:16 pm

Ali wrote:LOL Paul's style of speaking is interesting, didn't he once say " I am going to kill him to death " or something like that ?

Yeah it's like Yogi Berra meets Forrest Gump.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:16 pm

someone posted on twitter "down goes Haymon! down goes Haymon!"

i think it was steve kim lol

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:17 pm

I am surprised BoriquaWarrior wasn't celebrating the victory since all P-Dubs fans claimed Cotto ducked him.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:20 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Williams just like Berto are HBO's guys, even though they both can't draw flies to cow shit, and bring in terrible ratings.

on point again my man. And both have absolutely no clue how to fight.

I remember seeing Martinez for the first time in the Bunema fight on HBO's BAD.
He KO'd Cintron (and then somehow it was not KO) and then it was a draw even though I don't see how Martinez didn't win 8 rounds at the least.
He fights PW even (we can argue all day about who won)
He beats the Ring champ at Middle (Pavlik)
And in the PW rematch HBO still had their flag firmly planted in PW's corner. Baffling.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Ali wrote:

To be fair on Paul the majority of his fights are pretty entertaining.

He is in good fights. I just never liked HBO's idea that he should be a big star. He never really struck me as that star guy. He doesn't have huge KO power. He doesn't have a winning personality. He isn't putting butts in the seats. While I watch his fights, I don't circle on the calendar PW fights.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:33 pm

HBO wants to attract blacks to the sport. They're freaked out by decline of blacks tuning into HBO boxing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:36 pm

Ali wrote:LOL Paul's style of speaking is interesting, didn't he once say " I am going to kill him to death " or something like that ?

That was a Mickey Goldmill tribute line

"Dis guy'll kill ya ta death inside-uh tree rounds"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:39 pm

I'm sure PW is a nice guy and all. And it's not like he's a BAD fighter, it is just that he could be so much more...or I think he could have been.

He's go a TON of energy, a mild personality and tremendous natural talent. One would think that the cpmbination would lead to a highly coachable guy who could be trained to be highly technically efficient. For whatever reason it jsut hasn't happened.

Now given all this I STILL think he's more than a handful for any 147 (assuming he can makes it) and he's among the best 154's on the planet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next