The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Already a bad year for boxing in 2013

+5
captainanddew
Soonermark890
kbyte
dmar5143
Diego408
9 posters

Go down

Already a bad year for boxing in 2013 Empty Already a bad year for boxing in 2013

Post  Diego408 Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:33 pm

5 major network fights have been postponed (3) or cancelled (2):

Ward vs Pavlik
Dawson vs Pascal
Garcia vs Judah
Alexander vs Brook
Banks vs Mitchell

Now Mayweather is pulling some sleezy shit and may not fight Guerrero next in a fight that can sell. Marquez is also saying he doesn't want a 5th fight with Pacquiao. Brandon Rios instead of fighting a real talented contender is fighting a rematch with Alvarado that means nothing if he wins again. Broner vs Reeves and Vazquez vs Burns? Those aren't very good fights. Canelo is probably going to duck Trout. No one is going to fight Golovkin. Wtf Hopkins is coming back?zzzzz

The only bright spot is Kessler vs Froch is a done deal, we just have to hope the fight goes on as planned without cancelations or postponements.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Already a bad year for boxing in 2013 Empty Re: Already a bad year for boxing in 2013

Post  Diego408 Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Also to add to that is Donaire vs Mares cannot be made. BS like this in boxing is a major reason I don't anticipate fights anymore or keep up with the sport like I use to. These boxing promoters have to step it up if they want to continue to eat fat 10 to 20 years in the future. I know Arum and King don't give a fuck. They won't be alive for very long from now those old fucks.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Already a bad year for boxing in 2013 Empty Re: Already a bad year for boxing in 2013

Post  dmar5143 Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:24 pm

add to that the seth mitchell fight postponed.never ever seen anything like the past 2 years.yes it is a awfull start..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Its depressing. I think it was 2010 though that was a very bad year for this crap too. Fights were just constantly being cancelled or postponed.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Damn thats depressing. We have a shit ton of good fights to be made too. A lot of stacked divisions that need to heat up. I do think that this summer could become really good if they get the fights signed.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Rios vs Alvarado II is a good fight. Sure, Alvarado will get sucked into a firefight and beaten up as the fight wears on. But it will be fun while it lasts.

Marquez-not going to go to 140 to face Rios.
Khan-rebuilding somewhat- Golden Boy
Garcia-supposed to face Judah eventually; Golden Boy
LM-Golden Boy
Judah-supposed to face Garcia

Golden Boy and TR aren't going to work together.

and if they do, the most likely golden boy fighter against Rios will be LM.

Why? Because while he is a guy that excites hardcore fight fans (and the audiences in the US will grow as he continues performing), but he might never be worth as much as Garcia or Khan.

GB can make more money off of Khan or Garcia so they won't dare put either in with Rios. LM is enough of a badass (wnd doesn't have as much value) that it would be worth the risk.

Forget injuries. Forget postponements. IT IS GB and TR REFUSING TO WORK TOGETHER THAT IS HURTING THE SPORT THE MOST.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Multiply all of that times the horrendous decisions we've already had in 2013 and it smells just awful...
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 pm

It isn't going to be an exciting fight but I like Burns-Vasquez. This determines the legitimate challenge for Broner. He walks through them but the winner will deserve the fight with him.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 am

i agree that there have already been way too many cancellations. i can understand a cancellation for a legit injury, but i feel that most fighters probably just arent going to be 100% and say they are injured. i guess there is no telling who is truthful and who isnt but its a problem in the sport.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:46 am

lets add another example to the list.banks breaks thumb and mitchell is training to get ready for the fight.top prospect jennings says ill fight mitchell on that date.a so called short notice but mitchells folks balk at the idea.why.because most of todays fighters are candyassed.
anytime you have a chance to keep a dam good payday you do it.if mitchell wins its a big step foward and a rematch with banks could be next in 90 days.heaven forbid that they fight such a torrid schudle lol.
jennings camp stated the old timers were always in shape todays fighters need to get into shape and that jennings trains like the old timers.i agree with that and PP sugestion that fights are cancelled because of a fighter isnt a so called 100 percent meaning not in shape.
they all talk dedication but realy its nonsence sometimes.
jennings saw the opportunity to fight another top prospect with a reputation and then move upward in competion.good for him.
outside of being spoiled and not in decent condition all the time most of todays fighters lack BALLS..yes thats right.talk big with this bullshit calling out a fighter but when the chips are down they dont fight.i cant count the number of times ralph tiger jones took a fight on short notice against the worlds best.
i also cant count the number of excuses in favor of fighters fighting the twice a year rout..tv dates or money or gee the guy needs to recoup after a hard fight lol.tell that to pep armstrong robinson greb gasper ortega and countless other real fighters.here a dates set good money in place and another fighter says ill fight you so you can keep that tv date and payday.and you balk.
so toss out all the bullshit reasons and call it like it is.no balls and part time dedication at best..
guys the times havent changed i feel.its the fighters that have.donaire mares and a tiny few are the exception where before fighters like that were the rule and then some.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:23 pm

In the last couple of years: there were issues with bad judging, Top Rank/GB feud, networks paying too much for fights/fighters we didn't want, ABC ridiculousness, etc...

But things were decent overall.

This first quarter is looking just plain bad.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:21 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lets add another example to the list.banks breaks thumb and mitchell is training to get ready for the fight.top prospect jennings says ill fight mitchell on that date.a so called short notice but mitchells folks balk at the idea.why.because most of todays fighters are candyassed.
anytime you have a chance to keep a dam good payday you do it.if mitchell wins its a big step foward and a rematch with banks could be next in 90 days.heaven forbid that they fight such a torrid schudle lol.
jennings camp stated the old timers were always in shape todays fighters need to get into shape and that jennings trains like the old timers.i agree with that and PP sugestion that fights are cancelled because of a fighter isnt a so called 100 percent meaning not in shape.
they all talk dedication but realy its nonsence sometimes.
jennings saw the opportunity to fight another top prospect with a reputation and then move upward in competion.good for him.
outside of being spoiled and not in decent condition all the time most of todays fighters lack BALLS..yes thats right.talk big with this bullshit calling out a fighter but when the chips are down they dont fight.i cant count the number of times ralph tiger jones took a fight on short notice against the worlds best.
i also cant count the number of excuses in favor of fighters fighting the twice a year rout..tv dates or money or gee the guy needs to recoup after a hard fight lol.tell that to pep armstrong robinson greb gasper ortega and countless other real fighters.here a dates set good money in place and another fighter says ill fight you so you can keep that tv date and payday.and you balk.
so toss out all the bullshit reasons and call it like it is.no balls and part time dedication at best..
guys the times havent changed i feel.its the fighters that have.donaire mares and a tiny few are the exception where before fighters like that were the rule and then some.
good example. i always say these things happen because of the lack of fights these fighters have per year. if mitchell fights jennings and loses, then that really sets him back. he, nor his team wants that so they just wait it out instead of actually fighting somebody who is decent that wants a fight. its ridiculous.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Biggest disappointment for me is Mares/Donaire.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down