The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

+2
Frank
captainanddew
6 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:39 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Here's the problem I'm not sure Maragrito doesn't have better feet.

But both guys are flatfooted and firing when Pac is on the ropes. Until he slips out, Berto could land hard shots where Margo landed grazing shots. And Margo has given Pac outside positioning the whole fight.

Graet bodywork by Margo in Rd. 8 though. Pacquiao is just a fraek.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:39 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:See I think at this point a 4-2 scorecard isn't crazy.
No but its not that close either.

True. Manny domninted four rounds and maybe the Mexican barely won two.
Man how did he last the entire fight?

Huevos. Xtra large Huevos.
Much larger than I have.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Doesn't Margarito look like more or less the same guy who beat Cotto to you guys?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:40 pm

That type of exchange though is one I think a guy like Berto has a 50-50 shot in given his power and hand speed.[/quote]
I agree. Berto is very very dangerous to anyone.[/quote]

Manny Pac used to be a bazoooookkkkkaaaa left hand, no footwork, bad balance, and no idea how to fight.

Berto has no idea how to fight. He doesn't understand how to set up shots. While he could match the speed, Manny understands how to vary his attack. His unpredictability will be too much for Berto.

Plus, you give Roach months to watch tape on Berto. He will find all the tendencies.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Gumby wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:Here's the problem I'm not sure Maragrito doesn't have better feet.

But both guys are flatfooted and firing when Pac is on the ropes. Until he slips out, Berto could land hard shots where Margo landed grazing shots. And Margo has given Pac outside positioning the whole fight.
Graet bodywork by Margo in Rd. 8 though. Pacquiao is just a fraek.

Good point!

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:40 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Doesn't Margarito look like more or less the same guy who beat Cotto to you guys?
Chin yes. Everything else NO.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:41 pm

I'll say one thing for Margarito, he came to fight and never gave up, he just ran into a juggernaut.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:41 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:Doesn't Margarito look like more or less the same guy who beat Cotto to you guys?

Really? I t5hink he has the same relentlessness and speed.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:43 pm

Yes.

dougie fisher said before the Mosley fight that when he visited camp, that cheato looked like doggy doo. he was getting stopped in his tracks by every punch landed by the sparring partners. He was struggling big time to make weight.

Fisher got a bunch of shit when he wrote an article a few weeks ago saying Cheato didn't look shot. He was in good shape and walking through shots landed in sparring. He said cheato wasn't "shot". he didn't say he would win the fight, but he wasn't "shot" and would definitely give Pac some troublesome moments.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:43 pm

Manny has really learned to be like George Foreman. Varying speed of punches, like a baseball pitcher.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:43 pm

captainanddew wrote:That type of exchange though is one I think a guy like Berto has a 50-50 shot in given his power and hand speed.
I agree. Berto is very very dangerous to anyone.[/quote]

Manny Pac used to be a bazoooookkkkkaaaa left hand, no footwork, bad balance, and no idea how to fight.

Berto has no idea how to fight. He doesn't understand how to set up shots. While he could match the speed, Manny understands how to vary his attack. His unpredictability will be too much for Berto.

Plus, you give Roach months to watch tape on Berto. He will find all the tendencies.
[/quote]
I agree, I am just saying he hits harder than margo so he will have to be careful. You cant take a ton of shots from Berto.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:44 pm

captainanddew wrote:Berto has no idea how to fight. He doesn't understand how to set up shots. While he could match the speed, Manny understands how to vary his attack. His unpredictability will be too much for Berto.

I think Pac would kill Berto. I only think Berto could have more success than other guys Pac has face when and if Pac decides to go up against the ropes and stop moving.

I would say Margo looks like the same guy. But the only thing that would be different is that if he had cheated his punches would be more damaging. Everything would still look the same except for the effectiveness of his punches when they landed.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:44 pm

This Margarito would have walked through Cotto again. He would have beaten Clottey again. I think this cheato would have had a good shot if it were a rematch against PW.

this Margarito won't be seen again. Too much of a beating taken.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:45 pm

With about 20 seconds to go in the next round look for a THUNDERING right hook that lands on Maragrito's freaking FOREHEAD and almost drops him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:45 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Really? I t5hink he has the same relentlessness and speed.
Hmm. I thought he was slower and his power was not there. But that could also be because of PAC. We might just have to wait and see.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:45 pm

captainanddew wrote:This Margarito would have walked through Cotto again. He would have beaten Clottey again. I think this cheato would have had a good shot if it were a rematch against PW.

this Margarito won't be seen again. Too much of a beating taken.

That's kinda what I think I am seeing too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:46 pm

I still have no idea why she was smiling. I think someone from HBO went over to her later and told her she was supposed to look sad.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Gumby wrote:I still have no idea why she was smiling. I think someone from HBO went over to her later and told her she was supposed to look sad.

She was thinking, "I wodner how much stuff $3 million buys at Nordstroms!"

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Gumby wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Berto has no idea how to fight. He doesn't understand how to set up shots. While he could match the speed, Manny understands how to vary his attack. His unpredictability will be too much for Berto.

I think Pac would kill Berto. I only think Berto could have more success than other guys Pac has face when and if Pac decides to go up against the ropes and stop moving.

I would say Margo looks like the same guy. But the only thing that would be different is that if he had cheated his punches would be more damaging. Everything would still look the same except for the effectiveness of his punches when they landed.

Berto isn't going to get him to the rope. He isn't a pressure mauling type fighter. When Berto gets hit, he stops right there. He has outspeeded guys. he doesn't have the speed advantage.

also, if my memory isn't going, he throws wider shots than pac. I think Pac can counter with the straight left up the pipe and Berto ends up laying on the canvas early.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:49 pm

I am watching the son of Roberto Duran here. Incredible.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:50 pm

Manny's hands had to hurt like all hell after this fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:50 pm

captainanddew wrote:Manny's hands had to hurt like all hell after this fight.

he landed 475 punches. Can you imagine?

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:51 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I am watching the son of Roberto Duran here. Incredible.
Duran's kid? Is he good and how are you watching it?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:51 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:I am watching the son of Roberto Duran here. Incredible.
Duran's kid? Is he good and how are you watching it?

Manny reference.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:52 pm

captainanddew wrote:Berto isn't going to get him to the rope. He isn't a pressure mauling type fighter. When Berto gets hit, he stops right there. He has outspeeded guys. he doesn't have the speed advantage.

This is the thing that makes it a huge if. Manny would have to "want to feel his power" or take an unnecessary risk/make a mental mistake for it to happen.

captainanddew wrote:also, if my memory isn't going, he throws wider shots than pac. I think Pac can counter with the straight left up the pipe and Berto ends up laying on the canvas early.

That would likely happen. But Berto has a chance in those exchanges (much better than anyone Pac's faced recently if ever). And he has great uppercuts.

I can't believe Margo is still fighting. Even in Rd. 10 he was landing hard body shots.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next