The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

+2
Frank
captainanddew
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:15 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Gumby wrote:It looks so much different in HD!

Margo's jab was actually more effective than I thought. But he was definitely affected by Pacquio's power from the onset. Considering his gameplan was "this guy is too little to hurt me" this was when I thought the fight was over.

You were smarter than me! I saw Manny's balance as a problem at this point. Evidence Manny wasn't in top form.

Manny's balance and footwork is looking a little off (same as was stated last week). I think you can attribute that to 2 factors: 1-subpar training camp; 2-he felt pressure from Margarito until very late in the fight.

Rounds 1 and 2 very good for Margarito. I would swear if I didn't know it, that Margarito would really have Pac in trouble late after those 2 opening rounds.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:16 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Wasn't that round pretty close?
Yes I had that round 10-10

BTW guys ExpertMcgee. Yes or no on him joining?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Good Gawd!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

No idea who that is.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:17 pm

First round, I thought Pac won but it was competitive. 2nd round was rather close. Margarito landed some good shots. The bodyshot/uppercut combination definitely got Manny's attention.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:18 pm

captainanddew wrote:Rounds 1 and 2 very good for Margarito. I would swear if I didn't know it, that Margarito would really have Pac in trouble late after those 2 opening rounds.

I thought they were good considering he's a slow starter, but I thought trying to outbox Pac was a plan for failure. His uppercuts were solid in Rd. 2 though.

Pac landed a body shot there near the end of Rd. 3 that froze Margo for a split second.

I think Rd. 4 is when he gets Pac in trouble right?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:18 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

No idea who that is.
Me either. So what to do?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

Who is that sooner?

Back to top Go down

Guys watch close at around the 1:20 mark of the next round for a four punch combo the last of which is debilitating left to the body. I think THIS is where the fight changed. Waddya think?

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Gumby wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Rounds 1 and 2 very good for Margarito. I would swear if I didn't know it, that Margarito would really have Pac in trouble late after those 2 opening rounds.

I thought they were good considering he's a slow starter, but I thought trying to outbox Pac was a plan for failure. His uppercuts were solid in Rd. 2 though.

Pac landed a body shot there near the end of Rd. 3 that froze Margo for a split second.

I think Rd. 4 is when he gets Pac in trouble right?
Round 2 was the only round that I thought you could give Margo.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

No idea who that is.
Me either. So what to do?

Ask him if we know him under another moniker?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Sooner, let him in, we can find out who he is later.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Ring wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Who is that sooner?
I have no clue just like the other names that I didnt know.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:21 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Guys watch close at around the 1:20 mark of the next round for a four punch combo the last of which is debilitating left to the body. I think THIS is where the fight changed. Waddya think?

Yes. this is the round that wins the fight for Pac. Margarito was preparing to come on, and even though he was still dangerous for a few more rounds, the bodyshot is one that took something out of Margarito.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:22 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Guys watch close at around the 1:20 mark of the next round for a four punch combo the last of which is debilitating left to the body. I think THIS is where the fight changed. Waddya think?

Oh man. Absolutely. There was a huge thud too.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Ring wrote:Sooner, let him in, we can find out who he is later.

I'm good with that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Good lord Pac beat the shit out of that man.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:23 pm

captainanddew wrote:

Yes. this is the round that wins the fight for Pac. Margarito was preparing to come on, and even though he was still dangerous for a few more rounds, the bodyshot is one that took something out of Margarito.

that bodyshot really hurt Margarito.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Pacquiao had Margo hurt badly in the 4th round.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:23 pm

That bodyshot at the end of that combo was a masterpiece of tactics and precision.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:24 pm

That left to the body won the fight. Margarito is going to land some good bodyshots (I believe in round 6). Pac said after the fight he did. What if Pac hadn't taken alot of the power out of cheato earlier?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:25 pm

This is the third time I'm watching this and it gets MORE impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Kellerman just talked about Manny's fighting spirit. margarito's was equally impressive I thought.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:26 pm

captainanddew wrote:That left to the body won the fight. Margarito is going to land some good bodyshots (I believe in round 6). Pac said after the fight he did. What if Pac hadn't taken alot of the power out of cheato earlier?

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:27 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:This is the third time I'm watching this and it gets MORE impressive.
Whats amazing to me is that manny doesnt have to fight this way. He could just out speed Margo, take very little punishment, but instead he stands in there and trades and beats him right in the middle of the ring.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next