The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

+2
Frank
captainanddew
6 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread Empty Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:22 pm

I missed a bunch of this fight last Saturday, because of crappy live streams, why don't we use this thread tonight to discuss HBO's Pac-Margo replay, the "undercard" for Williams-Martinez. If everyone wants to we can move the replay discussion to the chatbox. Pac-Margo will start a little bit after 10:00 PM EST or in about 7 hours.

BTW, if you don't get HBO, look for streams for tonights fights in a few hours, here:

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=95200&part=sports

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:54 pm

Yippeee, no tape delay!

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:01 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Yippeee, no tape delay!

good to hear my man.

I'm pumped about tonight. Watching Pac fights again is fun. My wife's favorite fighter is going to win the live fight. War Martinez!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:05 pm

captainanddew wrote:

good to hear my man.

I'm pumped about tonight. Watching Pac fights again is fun. My wife's favorite fighter is going to win the live fight. War Martinez!!!

I am still in my no rooting interest mode, but this shapes up to be GREAT...as long as Sergio is in shape.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm almost as excited about the replay as I was about the original telecast. I think Martinez - Williams will be a gem.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Good marble, do you get HBO?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Ring wrote:

Good marble, do you get HBO?

And Showtime. Lots of times they tape delay here. Today they aren't.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:54 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

good to hear my man.

I am still in my no rooting interest mode, but this shapes up to be GREAT...as long as Sergio is in shape.

I have no rooting interest either. Except my wife wants Martinez to win, so, as a good husband would say, "WAR MARTINEZ".
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:59 pm

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

good to hear my man.

I have no rooting interest either. Except my wife wants Martinez to win, so, as a good husband would say, "WAR MARTINEZ".

You're a good man Captain Dew.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:12 pm

For you guys who don't have HBO, they just put some links up here:

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?&matchid=95200&part=sports

And ~
GURUTV, (Veetle) KiloNet 2, Blackburnman04 are usually pretty reliable here:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/48371-Boxing-and-Fighting-Weekly-Schedule-%2818th-November-23rd-November%29

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:16 pm

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

good to hear my man.

My wife yesterday got annoyed with me that I took The Ring with me on the train to work. I asked why she wanted it, she says "So I can read the article about PacMan". She said PacMan!!! I have mixed feelings about this, boxing was always my time, now I have to share.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:16 pm

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

good to hear my man.

Aren't you a little jealous Capt? Latino men are notorious for stealing our women, perhaps you should secretly be rooting for P-Will... Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Ring wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

good to hear my man.

Aren't you a little jealous Capt? Latino men are notorious for stealing our women, perhaps you should secretly be rooting for P-Will... Suspect

No jealousy whatsoever. She knows next to nothing about football, but she always liked Peyton Manning.

Our son is named Peyton.

She doesn't know that much about boxing (she is a good barometer for scoring fights at times as I'll give her the Max Kellerman, which guy would you rather have been that round? she looks for which guy it would have hurt less to have been and that is her pick).

She loves Sergio Martinez.

If we have any more boys, no way is she naming him Sergio. Sergio Edwards doesn't have a good ring to it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:52 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

good to hear my man.

My wife yesterday got annoyed with me that I took The Ring with me on the train to work. I asked why she wanted it, she says "So I can read the article about PacMan". She said PacMan!!! I have mixed feelings about this, boxing was always my time, now I have to share.

Isn't that a good sign about Pac's popularity rising outside boxing ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Capt said:
She loves Sergio Martinez.

If we have any more boys, no way is she naming him Sergio. Sergio Edwards doesn't have a good ring to it.

``````````````````````````````````````````````

That's hilarious Capt, sounds like you've got a super wife, congrats. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:57 pm

Alrighty the Pac-Margo replay starts in about 5 minutes, lets get ready to rumble..

For you guys who don't have HBO, they just put some links up here:

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?&matchid=95200&part=sports

And ~
GURUTV, (Veetle) KiloNet 2, Blackburnman04 are usually pretty reliable here:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/48371-Boxing-and-Fighting-Weekly-Schedule-%2818th-November-23rd-November%29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:06 pm

And heeeere we go! Look for early Pacquiao bodywork.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Tell you what, if it's OK with everyone why don't we discuss Pac-Margo in this thread, and maybe use the chatbox for Paul-Sergio..?

Last edited by Ring on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:08 pm

I'm cool with that. I will use the chat for the live fight (though I will post my round by round scorecard in a thread, just for posterity's sake.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Buboy has to be the strangest corner figure since Bundini

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:10 pm

It looks so much different in HD!

Margo's jab was actually more effective than I thought. But he was definitely affected by Pacquio's power from the onset. Considering his gameplan was "this guy is too little to hurt me" this was when I thought the fight was over.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Also, Margo isn't even fighting for better foot positioning.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Gumby wrote:It looks so much different in HD!

Margo's jab was actually more effective than I thought. But he was definitely affected by Pacquio's power from the onset. Considering his gameplan was "this guy is too little to hurt me" this was when I thought the fight was over.

You were smarter than me! I saw Manny's balance as a problem at this point. Evidence Manny wasn't in top form.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:13 pm

captainanddew wrote:I'm cool with that. I will use the chat for the live fight (though I will post my round by round scorecard in a thread, just for posterity's sake.

Sounds good, i'm not so sure chatbox works a hell of a lot better then a regular thread.

This fight looks totally different from the crap I was seeing on the live stream.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Wasn't that round pretty close?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next