The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

+2
Frank
captainanddew
6 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:08 am

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:As he gets older, Manny's face is getting more and more marked up.
Or as he goes up in weight?

I have said for a while now. Pac is going to end up in deep trouble fighting bigger guys every fight. He looked horrible after the Cotto fight, which was a very good fight for 3-4 rounds then a slaughter. He wasn't unmarked and had his feet lifted off of the canvas by Clottey's few landed punches (specifically uppercuts). Margarito landed 220 shots on Pac. that is quite a few shots to take from a 165 pound fighter when you are eating everything you can and still weigh only 148.

it has to catch up to him sooner than later.
Yep but to be honest I only see him fight one or two more times.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

Post  Gumby Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:08 am

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:As he gets older, Manny's face is getting more and more marked up.
Or as he goes up in weight?

I have said for a while now. Pac is going to end up in deep trouble fighting bigger guys every fight. He looked horrible after the Cotto fight, which was a very good fight for 3-4 rounds then a slaughter. He wasn't unmarked and had his feet lifted off of the canvas by Clottey's few landed punches (specifically uppercuts). Margarito landed 220 shots on Pac. that is quite a few shots to take from a 165 pound fighter when you are eating everything you can and still weigh only 148.

it has to catch up to him sooner than later.

I think he should fight Floyd if it's possible or hang em up. If not take some exhibition/not as threatening fights in the Philippines. He has nothing left to prove and I don't want to see him get hurt trying to push the envelope. He's done more than enough for himself, his fans, and the sport in general.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6