The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

+2
Frank
captainanddew
6 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:27 pm

Manny Steward is right, that one shot really sapped cheato.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito replay discussion thread

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:27 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Kellerman just talked about Manny's fighting spirit. margarito's was equally impressive I thought.
Its the only thing that kept him standing.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:28 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:This is the third time I'm watching this and it gets MORE impressive.
Whats amazing to me is that manny doesnt have to fight this way. He could just out speed Margo, take very little punishment, but instead he stands in there and trades and beats him right in the middle of the ring.

Yeah it isn't always the smartest, but it is undeniably striking.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:28 pm

It's definitely a different fight than on the stream. I remember thinking that Margo had hurt Pac against the ropes and was throwing the harder punches when they landed. Not the case at all.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:29 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:This is the third time I'm watching this and it gets MORE impressive.
Whats amazing to me is that manny doesnt have to fight this way. He could just out speed Margo, take very little punishment, but instead he stands in there and trades and beats him right in the middle of the ring.

Yeah it isn't always the smartest, but it is undeniably striking.
The guy is a true fighter in ever sense of the word.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:29 pm

The announcers are wrong./ See Maragriot shows THIS is a mistake. Letting Margarito move in an uncxontested way gives the Mexican momentum. Ya gotta stop him before he gets started.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:31 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:The announcers are wrong./ See Maragriot shows THIS is a mistake. Letting Margarito move in an uncxontested way gives the Mexican momentum. Ya gotta stop him before he gets started.
+1 And lamply just said it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Margarito's moment!

Now watch how manny starts round seven. He BURIES a left hand in Margarito's body.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

Manny is willing to trade.

I think if he tried to go side to side the entire fight, Margarito might have hurt Pac badly eventually. You have to slow cheato down. Cotto couldn't and we saw how that ended up. PW didn't and cheato was coming on very strong late in that fight.

Manny felt some of those shots in the 6th round. Give the little man credit.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Manny beat him in that exchange though.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:32 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I think if he tried to go side to side the entire fight, Margarito might have hurt Pac badly eventually. You have to slow cheato down. Cotto couldn't and we saw how that ended up. PW didn't and cheato was coming on very strong late in that fight.

+100

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:33 pm

The 6th round was likely Margo's most effective, he might have even won it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:33 pm

God Margo's face. LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:33 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

That type of exchange though is one I think a guy like Berto has a 50-50 shot in given his power and hand speed.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:34 pm

See I think at this point a 4-2 scorecard isn't crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Gumby wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

That type of exchange though is one I think a guy like Berto has a 50-50 shot in given his power and hand speed.
I agree. Berto is very very dangerous to anyone.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Gumby wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Here's the problem I'm not sure Maragrito doesn't have better feet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:35 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:See I think at this point a 4-2 scorecard isn't crazy.
No but its not that close either.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:35 pm

It's not crazy, but 6-0 or 5-1 is more reasonable and Pac is controlling the fight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

True. Manny domninted four rounds and maybe the Mexican barely won two.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Agreed.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:37 pm

GAAAAAWD!

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:37 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Man how did he last the entire fight?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Man how did he last the entire fight?

Huevos. Xtra large Huevos.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 pm

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVEABLE!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next