The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions?

+3
Norm1023
kbyte
Frank
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito - who wins?

Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions? I_vote_lcap75%Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions? I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 9 ]
Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions? I_vote_lcap0%Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions? I_vote_lcap25%Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions? I_vote_lcap0%Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions? Empty Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions?

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Huge fight next Saturday, (November 13th) who ya got and why?

At Arlington, Texas (HBO PPV): Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito, 12 rounds, for vacant WBC junior middleweight title.

Last edited by Ring on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions? Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions?

Post  Frank Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:11 pm

I have Pac in 2.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions? Empty Re: Pacquiao vs. Margarito - Predictions?

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:14 pm

Manny gets dropped twice and just before the fight is going to be stopped he does some remarkable Manny stuff to turn the tide and finish Margarito.

Manny at far less than his best spends too much time on the ropes but Margarito isn't quiote the level of fighter to finish him.

Last edited by marbleheadmaui on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:15 pm

in two...frank god bless.that will be a shocker..ill pick margo in 9...just maybe im crazy but this will be the years upset.

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:32 pm

If Margo is still the same fighter that he was before Mosley raped him then I've got him knocking Pac out. If hes not then Pac by decision.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:42 pm

This is the fight that Manny is just too small for.

After 3 fights I figure this is the one.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:45 pm

I am going with Pac by KO in 7. I say he drops Margo in the 2nd and the beating begins. Margo will not see the punches coming.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:51 pm

I like Margarito's body shots and relentless pressure to wear Manny down for a late stoppage.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Norm1023 wrote:This is the fight that Manny is just too small for.

Hilarious avatar Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:53 pm

Ali wrote:
Norm1023 wrote:This is the fight that Manny is just too small for.

Hilarious avatar Laughing

Crying over the money he should be making this weekend.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:55 pm

LOL, more like a future glimpse of Flod's reaction from inside a jail cell.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:38 pm

I can't bet against Manny. Late stoppage. I'll say the 11th.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:45 am

Manny TKO 8.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Margarito is a pressure fighter who's relentless and always coming forward and throwing punches. Come fight night November 13th, the much taller Margo will outweigh Pacquiao by as much as 20 lbs.. Having said that, Manny and Roach have plan, yes Margarito is relentless but compared to Pacquiao, he's as slow as molasses, and as dumb as a box of rocks, Pacquiao's speed & power will make it look easy.

Pacquiao will be the pit bull in the fight, and Margarito will just be an overgrown chihuahua, all bark, no bite. Pacquiao by a 7th round mauling/annihilation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Mosley vs Margo: (why Pacquiao will win Nov. 13th)

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Margarito gets abused by Manny's speed, stoppage in 7
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Ali wrote:LOL, more like a future glimpse of Flod's reaction from inside a jail cell.

Flod just found out his cell mate in prison is going to be John Wayne Gacy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Ring wrote:
Ali wrote:LOL, more like a future glimpse of Flod's reaction from inside a jail cell.

Gacy was executed about fifteen years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:40 pm

Ring wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:47 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Ring wrote:

It's just a joke Winston, I didn't have a clue whatever happened to Gacy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:49 pm

All else being equal I think Pac overwhelms Margo with his speed and gets a mid round stoppage.

One thing I'm watching for is cuts - if they exchange early I could see Pac's face getting marred up and potentially bleeding later in the fight, which could change things.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:00 pm

All logic tells me this is a horrible match up for Pac physically and stylistically, and a moronic move by Arum....

The problem is that time after time Pac has defied all logic and done the seemingly impossible. PacBoy has proven me wrong several times now, so I have to buck the trend and go with Pac by late round stoppage - I'm thinking round 9 or 10.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Canvas wrote:All logic tells me this is a horrible match up for Pac physically and stylistically, and a moronic move by Arum....

The problem is that time after time Pac has defied all logic and done the seemingly impossible. PacBoy has proven me wrong several times now, so I have to buck the trend and go with Pac by late round stoppage - I'm thinking round 9 or 10.

Understood Canvas, but logic should also tell you that Pacquiao is on roll, and even though he'll be outweighed by 20 lbs on fight night, he should tear Margo a new asshole. As for Arum, he's knows the same thing that Manny and Roach also do, that Margarito hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell of winning this fight.

BTW, Mark my words, after this fight everyone will be saying that Pacquiao fought a washed up bum, who had already been beaten up by a 40 year old Mosley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Ring wrote:
Canvas wrote:All logic tells me this is a horrible match up for Pac physically and stylistically, and a moronic move by Arum....

Understood Canvas, but logic should also tell you that Pacquiao is on roll, and even though he'll be outweighed by 20 lbs on fight night, he should tear Margo a new asshole. As for Arum, he's knows the same thing that Manny and Roach also do, that Margarito hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell of winning this fight.

BTW, Mark my words, after this fight everyone will be saying that Pacquiao fought a washed up bum, who had already been beaten up by a 40 year old Mosley.
The funny part of that is I have been saying that for months.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:

The funny part of that is I have been saying that for months.

I mean anything can happen in boxing, but does anyone really believe that Margo has a genuine shot at winning or that Arum and Roach would have put Manny in there with Margo if they didn't think this was a slam-dunk for Pacquiao?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next