The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao v. Margarito 24/7

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pacquiao v. Margarito 24/7 Empty Pacquiao v. Margarito 24/7

Post  Gumby Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Episode 2 premieres tonight. I wanted to make a thread to discuss anything 24/7.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao v. Margarito 24/7 Empty Re: Pacquiao v. Margarito 24/7

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Gumby wrote:Episode 2 premieres tonight. I wanted to make a thread to discuss anything 24/7.

I know Margarito is no pushover for Pacquiao, but all the fears that some fans have about Pac getting knocked out, because #1 Margo is bigger, stronger, tougher or #2 Pacquiao has had a terrible training camp seem unfounded. Pacquiao thrives on adverse conditions in camps, come fight time with Margo he'll be well prepared and ready to rumble. Pacquiao's combination of speed, power, and movement will be the difference in this fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:03 pm

I hate how staged the 24/7 series has become.

How would Robert Garcia know this is the hardest Margo ever trained? Hated them making jokes about the cement wraps. You would swear Manny's camp is picking him to lose based on the series, and almost every clip shows Pacquiao's camp in a negative light. I wonder if it's HBO making that "the story" of the series or Team Pacquiao trying to put up a smokescreen.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Gumby wrote:I hate how staged the 24/7 series has become.

How would Robert Garcia know this is the hardest Margo ever trained? Hated them making jokes about the cement wraps. You would swear Manny's camp is picking him to lose based on the series, and almost every clip shows Pacquiao's camp in a negative light. I wonder if it's HBO making that "the story" of the series or Team Pacquiao trying to put up a smokescreen.

I'd like to see What Garcia has to say after the fight if Pacquiao dominates and yeah, Margo seems to be in total denial about the loaded handwraps, and apparently it's a big joke for him. I hope Pacquiao destroys this low life piece of shit.

Last edited by Ring on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:19 am

Ring wrote:
Gumby wrote:I hate how staged the 24/7 series has become.

I'd like to see What Garcia has to say after the fight if Pacquiao dominates and yeah, Margo seems to be in total denial about the loaded handwraps, and apprently it's a big joke for him. I hope Pacquiao destroys this low life piece of shit.

Agree 100%.I'm not a fan of Pacquiao,but I hope he kicks Plaster Man's ass.I have no clue how Margarito still has a license.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:09 am

reports as of today state mannys training camp since he got out of the phillipines has improved greatly..lets enjoy the fight..i dont think any one here is rooting for margo just voicing concerns about the real possibilty manny can be beaton and badly..the news on the training camp is a plus now.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:31 am

with my luck, pac will lose this fight. ive rooted against him in every fight of his and finally he is fighting somebody i dislike more than him. because of that, i think that margo will end up winning.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:15 pm

It really disturbs me that every piece of footage the show of Manny involves him retreating to the ropes. Age? Legs? A TV setup to get me to buy the PPV?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:38 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:It really disturbs me that every piece of footage the show of Manny involves him retreating to the ropes. Age? Legs? A TV setup to get me to buy the PPV?

He's retreated ever since the Oscar fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:54 pm

marble mannys legs are more then fine..he ran a long marathon in the philipines for charity about a week ago..at 31 hes young and his last several fights show no hint of age at all as a problem..chalk it up as the program said.just a bad day at the gym..margo will put heat on him like he never saw before but i noticed margos still wide with the shots and head exposed as he goes to the body..
manny better capitilize on that hitting and moving away before margo uppercuts him..
there seems to be a quality confidence in margos camp based on what they see.margos fun is laughting at himself and mannys comments on the plaster gloves.its a light hearted attempt to break tension in the camp..maybe it was slightly distastefull but i enjoyed the humor behind it..hes painted as a villian but comes across as a nice guy..floyd on the other hand came across as his true self.a aragant asshole.
this will be a competitive fight..at least for 7 rounds anyway and one i feel we will like.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:05 pm

LOL at Bob Arum dancing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:19 pm

See the thing is everyone assumes Manny's fine and this is just another chaotic camp, but in todays high speed world with camera phones and constant internet access bad training camps will be captured and detailed.

Tony is training his arse off, whether you like him or not is regardless, he's coming into the fight in tip top condition an will push Manny to the brink.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:59 pm

Ali wrote:See the thing is everyone assumes Manny's fine and this is just another chaotic camp, but in todays high speed world with camera phones and constant internet access bad training camps will be captured and detailed.

Tony is training his arse off, whether you like him or not is regardless, he's coming into the fight in tip top condition an will push Manny to the brink.
Ali I really hope you are not buying the hype. They did the same thing before the Cotto fight. Its all to sell PPV's.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:08 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:It really disturbs me that every piece of footage the show of Manny involves him retreating to the ropes. Age? Legs? A TV setup to get me to buy the PPV?
Ding ding ding we have a winner.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:12 pm

THE 24-7 series any of them yes is advertisement to sell and or promote membership..lets not though think they are on purpose missleading folks to sell tickets.there not..there presenting whats said and what they see.i dont think the floyd-mosley series had one fighter struggling in champ etc etc to promote sales and give everyone the impression this was a competive fight..there not doing that here also...

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:20 pm

dmar5143 wrote:THE 24-7 series any of them yes is advertisement to sell and or promote membership..lets not though think they are on purpose missleading folks to sell tickets.there not..there presenting whats said and what they see.i dont think the floyd-mosley series had one fighter struggling in champ etc etc to promote sales and give everyone the impression this was a competive fight..there not doing that here also...
I disagree I think they would do it in a heartbeat to sell tickets. People have done much worse for money. The all mighty dollar rrules this sport and its promotions.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:26 pm

i disagree..what will you say if margo kos him..or gives him a close fight..manny pacs at the point where he sells tickets ..do you actualy think manny would allow freddie to downgrade him to sell tickets..your being gullible on this sooner..there presenting things as they are...no fiction.the show will sell tickets without hbo trashing there reputation for boxing is a tiny part of there programing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:35 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i disagree..what will you say if margo kos him..or gives him a close fight..manny pacs at the point where he sells tickets ..do you actualy think manny would allow freddie to downgrade him to sell tickets..your being gullible on this sooner..there presenting things as they are...no fiction.the show will sell tickets without hbo trashing there reputation for boxing is a tiny part of there programing.
I think margo is done for one so really it might not matter if his camp was not as great as usual. But really I see a company like HBO doing that in a heartbeat. Manny sells better when people think he has a chance to lose. The same with Floyd and any other fighter. Would you rather buy Floyd vs Sergio Martinez or Floyd vs Devon Alexander? Both are great fights but we know what would happen in one.

Oh and HBO trashed their rep long ago when they decided to keep their current brodcasting crew around. I mean how many Toby Keith quotes do we really need to hear?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:53 pm

I don't think they're purposely trying to make it look like Pac is having a bad camp to sell tickets, I think hes genuinely having a bad camp. Reports from the Pac camp before his fights with Oscar, Hatton and Cotto were all glowing and he ended up kicking ass in those fights. I can't remember the last time there was talk of a fighter having problems in camp and it didn't show up in the fight. Its always been real and not just to build hype. If Pac doesn't start to show signs of improvement soon and if Margo is anywhere near the fighter he once was then I'll probably be picking him to KO Pac.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:33 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:See the thing is everyone assumes Manny's fine and this is just another chaotic camp, but in todays high speed world with camera phones and constant internet access bad training camps will be captured and detailed.

Ali I really hope you are not buying the hype. They did the same thing before the Cotto fight. Its all to sell PPV's.

No they didn't, the only question about the Cotto fight is whether Manny would be able to deal with a Welterweight. The difference here is Tony is alot bigger with a far better chin, he's comfortable at Jr Middleweight and looks strong, this isn't hype it's a mans quest for redemption.

And that's not even mentioning Manny's new duties which keep interrupting his training schedule.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:33 am

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

No they didn't, the only question about the Cotto fight is whether Manny would be able to deal with a Welterweight. The difference here is Tony is alot bigger with a far better chin, he's comfortable at Jr Middleweight and looks strong, this isn't hype it's a mans quest for redemption.

And that's not even mentioning Manny's new duties which keep interrupting his training schedule.
Yes they did. It seems like you guys forget all the same reports that came out in the same way.
Here is an old article about it. Guys your being tricked.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2009/09/pacquiao%E2%80%99s-lack-of-focus-not-an-issue-cotto%E2%80%99s-focus-is/
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:22 am

so freddie is the ticket seller for hbo.hes a worry wart maybe.his concern about distractions is genuine at that time and its been reported as such..the focus now in la is all business and 2 full weeks is plenty of time for a well conditioned fighter to adjust and be fully ready...ill agree with ali..im not being tricked nor others.im not buying the ppv.its a live stream for me..soo all of us should teach them a lesson then for tricking us and dont buy the ppv.hey dont watch it at all.forget a live stream.that will teach them..
manny has captured the attention of boxing fans and is very popular..he has developed a huge fan base that will buy a ppv because its manny..
sooner is that not the reason you BOUGHT a ticket to see the fight live cause your a big manny fan or were you tricked.margo has a fan base also of mexicans who adore him..they will be there live in dallas rooting for national pride..noo one is tricking them..the fight anticipated a crowd of maybe 60 000 the day it was announced because of mannys popularity and the large fan base of mexicans in texas..add to that some of the die hard floyd fans who may buy it for the sole reason hoping manny gets clobbered..
in england haye is fighting harrison and almost every fight fan feels with good reason this is a mismatch..the fight will do extremly well with a large live gate and good size ppv numbers there.why.the popularity there for both fighters..trickery..noo..same for this fight.a ppv here of 700-900 thousand will be a financial success..over a million a major success.heaven forbid forgive hbo for promoting the fight with there 24-7 advertising..the fight will be a war without the 24-7 stuff unless folks believe mannys superman and margos a shot cheater who is a never was...neither of the two is true by any means..

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:37 am

But Dmar do you think that a fight sells better when there is a real chance that the favorite can lose?

I mean what do you want HBO to do. Show how hard that pac has trained and say he will kill Margo. To me that doesnt get the Pac haters/Floyd fans to buy the fight. I would buy a fight that I thought Floyd was going to lose.

Either way all Pac fans better hope I am right or we are in trouble. LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:30 am

Yeah I can just see Freddie and Alex Ariza reading scripts produced to them by HBO execs Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Ali wrote:Yeah I can just see Freddie and Alex Ariza reading scripts produced to them by HBO execs Laughing
How hard is it to edit sparring sessions and have the trainers say that he is distracted? Come on its happened before and Pac looked amazing in the fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next