The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

+10
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
hardcorebee24
kbyte
GrantZilla
Gumby
Rum Capital
Soonermark890
gomez1012
Norm1023
14 posters

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 16 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:30 pm

HBO’s fantasy series Game of Thrones kicked off its second season with 3.9 million viewers tuning in at 9 PM on Sunday, easily eclipsing the series’ previous high posted by the Season 1 finale in June (3 million). The second season opener was up 74% vs. Game Of Thrones‘ series premiere last year, and 27% vs. the finale. Across HBO’s three GOT plays on Sunday, the premiere accumulated 6.3 million viewers. With those numbers, consider a season three renewal imminent.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/game-of-thrones-second-season-premiere-deliver-big-ratings/

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 16 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  GrantZilla Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:13 pm

I hope the ratings justify HBO maybe freeing up some extra money for the budget so they can do some of the epic battles and shit.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:06 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I hope the ratings justify HBO maybe freeing up some extra money for the budget so they can do some of the epic battles and shit.

I was reading the other say that Game Of Thrones is one of the most exported shows out there, HBO make over $20 mill just selling the rights to different countries.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:I hope the ratings justify HBO maybe freeing up some extra money for the budget so they can do some of the epic battles and shit.

I was reading the other say that Game Of Thrones is one of the most exported shows out there, HBO make over $20 mill just selling the rights to different countries.

HBO should try to have less original shows and make sure the budgets are heftier for the shows they have.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:21 am

captainanddew wrote:

HBO should try to have less original shows and make sure the budgets are heftier for the shows they have.

HBO seems to love having shows that are admired by critics but pull in ratings near the 300k-500k mark, like with Treme and Enlightened. But I'd rather see Game Of Thrones not have a ridiculous budget so each week we aren't given too much CGI and battles, Dan and D.B have done a tremendous job with the resources they've been given.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:04 pm

tonight is going to be a great night.

End of the Masters.
Game of Thrones Season 2 episode 2
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:20 pm

wtf is yara?
is yara suppossed to be asha?
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:55 pm

Rum Capital wrote:wtf is yara?

Yeah they didn't want her to get confused with Osha the wilding. The episode was weak.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:24 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:wtf is yara?

Yeah they didn't want her to get confused with Osha the wilding. The episode was weak.

You think so? I really liked it. My favourite thing about it was the actor that plays Balon Greyjoy. He was great.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:20 pm

I can't wait to see it tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:24 pm

Hahah poor Theon's homecoming definitely won't be one to tell the grandchildren.

Pyke looked amazing, exactly how I pictured it when reading the books. Balon certainly is made of Iron.

As for Stannis and Melisandre hmm I didn't enjoy that, yes it's been hinted at in the books but I always imagined Stannis being way more strong willed and stubborn, that got a little too passionate for my liking. Renly joked in GOT that when Stannis had to do his marital duties he looked like he was marching to war, but his wife is called the bearded queen so...

All in all another solid episode that laid the foundations for what's to come.

Oh and I just have to say once again that Liam Cunnigham is perfect for Davos, the casting director made a superb choice.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Hahah poor Theon's homecoming definitely won't be one to tell the grandchildren.

Pyke looked amazing, exactly how I pictured it when reading the books. Balon certainly is made of Iron.

As for Stannis and Melisandre hmm I didn't enjoy that, yes it's been hinted at in the books but I always imagined Stannis being way more strong willed and stubborn, that got a little too passionate for my liking. Renly joked in GOT that when Stannis had to do his marital duties he looked like he was marching to war, but his wife is called the bearded queen so...

Oh and I just have to say once again that Liam Cunnigham is perfect for Davos, the casting director made a superb choice.

I have not read the books. I will read the first 2 books after this season ends.

The Stannis sex scene was disturbing. I didn't want to see Thomas Jefferson get down with that crazy bitch.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:05 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Hahah poor Theon's homecoming definitely won't be one to tell the grandchildren.

I have not read the books. I will read the first 2 books after this season ends.

The Stannis sex scene was disturbing. I didn't want to see Thomas Jefferson get down with that crazy bitch.

Laughing

The sex scene was just a little out of character for the Stannis from the books, but hey changes will need to be made and it's not a major issue for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Oh I found out why Tyrion didn't fight in that battle in season 1, it was a budget issue. The creators had it all planned to follow Tyrion's POV 4ft from the ground with The Mountain causing havoc near him but they ran out of money and time.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Haven't read the books, but they need to cut out some story lines. Tyrion needs to be onscreen for 20 mins an episode, which can't happen with this many story lines. Dinklage's work is awesome.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Is 10 episodes enough time for them to do justice to the 2nd book? I heard the 2nd book was huge!

Haven't read the books. No idea of the storyline.

Robb Stark seems to be a bit like his Dad. I don't think he has a strong head for the scheming/alliances/etc. that is going to be necessary to win the war

I think he eventually is going to do something dumb and get himself killed

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:23 pm

captainanddew wrote:Haven't read the books, but they need to cut out some story lines. Tyrion needs to be onscreen for 20 mins an episode, which can't happen with this many story lines. Dinklage's work is awesome.

Dinklage is great but the show is an ensemble piece now, no character dominates it.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:25 pm

captainanddew wrote:Haven't read the books, but they need to cut out some story lines. Tyrion needs to be onscreen for 20 mins an episode, which can't happen with this many story lines. Dinklage's work is awesome.

Dinklage is great but the show is an ensemble piece now, no one character dominates it.

I know. But he is a badass.

I'm most engaged by those scenes involving Dinklage and those involving the Night's Watch.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:27 pm

captainanddew wrote:Is 10 episodes enough time for them to do justice to the 2nd book? I heard the 2nd book was huge!

Robb Stark seems to be a bit like his Dad. I don't think he has a strong head for the scheming/alliances/etc. that is going to be necessary to win the war

ACOK is only a little bit bigger than GOT so yeah they should be able to handle it with 10 episodes.

ASOS is massive though that definitely needs two seasons.

Robb to me is a little more unpredictable than his dad, Ned IMO would have never accepted being proclaimed King In The North.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:29 pm

captainanddew wrote:

Dinklage is great but the show is an ensemble piece now, no one character dominates it.

I'm most engaged by those scenes involving Dinklage and those involving the Night's Watch.

This is definitely Tyrion's season to shine, alot of back and fourth between him, Vary's and Cersei.

If Peter isn't nominated for Best Actor this year may the others take them.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:30 pm

captainanddew wrote:Is 10 episodes enough time for them to do justice to the 2nd book? I heard the 2nd book was huge!

ACOK is only a little bit bigger than GOT so yeah they should be able to handle it with 10 episodes.

Robb to me is a little more unpredictable than his dad, Ned IMO would have never accepted being proclaimed King In The North.

He already made a mistake. As soon as Theon started talking about going home, it seemed to me that it was going to blow up in Robb's face. I have no idea if it does or not. hopefully I'm wrong.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 pm

captainanddew wrote:

This is definitely Tyrion's season to shine, alot of back and fourth between him, Vary's and Cersei.

If Peter isn't nominated for Best Actor this year may the others take them.

He is the best character. A little man. Others underestimate him. His family members don't recognize that he is alot more astute than he has apparently displayed in the past.

His witty responses provide the only comic relief (which is needed).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:39 pm

captainanddew wrote:

He already made a mistake. As soon as Theon started talking about going home, it seemed to me that it was going to blow up in Robb's face. I have no idea if it does or not. hopefully I'm wrong.

I would do the same if I was Robb though, he needs a fleet to attack and blockade Lannisport and Casterly Rock.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:04 pm

Game Of Thrones has been renewed by HBO for another season !!!!!!

HBO RENEWS GAME OF THRONES FOR THIRD SEASON
First Episode Of The Second Season Has Already Grossed 8.3 Million Viewers

LOS ANGELES, April 10, 2012 – HBO has renewed GAME OF THRONES for a third season, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming.

“Series creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss raised our expectations for the second season – and then surpassed them,” said Lombardo. “We are thrilled by all the viewer and media support we’ve received for the series, and can’t wait to see what Dan and David have in store for next season.”

Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, GAME OF THRONES is an epic drama set in the world of Westeros, where ambitious men and women of both honor and ill-repute live in a land whose summers and winters can last years. The Emmy®- and Golden Globe-winning fantasy series began its ten-episode second season Sunday, April 1 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), with other episodes debuting subsequent Sundays at the same time.

Among the early critical praise for the second season, Newsday called GAME OF THRONES “the best show on television,” while the Los Angeles Times termed the series “a cinematic feast” and “masterful.” The Wall Street Journal hailed the show as “magnificent” and USA Today called it “near perfection.”

According to early data, GAME OF THRONES’ season two premiere has already accumulated a gross audience of 8.3 million viewers, and is on track to easily surpass the season one average of 9.3 million viewers.

Season two cast members include: Emmy® and Golden Globe winner Peter Dinklage, Michelle Fairley, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Aidan Gillen, Iain Glen, Kit Harington, Richard Madden, Maisie Williams, Isaac Hempstead Wright, Sophie Turner, Jack Gleeson and Alfie Allen.

Season two credits: The executive producers of GAME OF THRONES are David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger; co-executive producers, George R.R. Martin, Vanessa Taylor, Alan Taylor, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis; produced by Bernadette Caulfield.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next