The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

+10
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
hardcorebee24
kbyte
GrantZilla
Gumby
Rum Capital
Soonermark890
gomez1012
Norm1023
14 posters

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 13 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Sexy Anne Boleyn is back !

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 13 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:14 pm

I think she's always going to be typcasted as the seductress
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

Margaery Tyrell didn't know about Loras and Renly in the books, plus they only alluded to them it was never so explicit. She was a very minor character until Storm. The development of hese characters drifts from the book. She was never a seductress, more of a nuisance to Cersei. I hope they don't stray too far with this stuff.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:35 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I think she's always going to be typcasted as the seductress

she could seduce me anytime.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:45 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Margaery Tyrell didn't know about Loras and Renly in the books, plus they only alluded to them it was never so explicit. She was a very minor character until Storm. The development of hese characters drifts from the book. She was never a seductress, more of a nuisance to Cersei. I hope they don't stray too far with this stuff.

I doubt it will, since Martin is involved in the series. Of course every depiction not going to follow the source material 100%. That'd be boring.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:36 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Margaery Tyrell didn't know about Loras and Renly in the books, plus they only alluded to them it was never so explicit. She was a very minor character until Storm. The development of hese characters drifts from the book. She was never a seductress, more of a nuisance to Cersei. I hope they don't stray too far with this stuff.

The Loras and Renly relationship on the show must have been shoe-horned in to appease HBO's gay subscribers because in the books there is barely any hint to them getting it on, there's subtle nods here and there but nothing revealing.

Major spoilers don't click on this if you haven't read book 2 or want to wait for the second series !!!!!!!!!
Spoiler:

I don't think they're straying too far with Marg, I've never believed that she was a shy innocent virgin like she's portrayed in the Cersei POV chapters. Wouldn't shock me if it was The Queen of Thorns who raised her and not her parents.

They've definitely went a different route with Renly, in the books he's described as prime Robert with a cheeky side to him, not this bumbling oaf who's scared of his own blood.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:00 am

Sounds like minor changes. Look at Dexter. It has strayed from the books after season 1. Not even the same series or character for that matter from the books.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:06 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Sounds like minor changes. Look at Dexter. It has strayed from the books after season 1. Not even the same series or character for that matter from the books.

They've remained extremely faithful to the books, aside from Tyrion sleeping through that battle I don't recall anything being left out in season 1. The Kings Hand tournament was longer but that's down to budget restraints and screen time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:29 am

GrantZilla wrote:Sounds like minor changes. Look at Dexter. It has strayed from the books after season 1. Not even the same series or character for that matter from the books.

They've remained extremely faithful to the books, aside from Tyrion sleeping through that battle I don't recall anything being left out in season 1. The Kings Hand tournament was longer but that's down to budget restraints and screen time.

I actually like that as a plot move for the series. Minor spoiler in the comment below

Spoiler:
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:45 pm

Tobe wrote:

I actually like that as a plot move for the series. Minor spoiler in the comment below

Spoiler:

It was disappointing, Tyrion kicked ass on the Green Ford, he made a knight yield.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:39 pm

13 days to go Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:It was disappointing, Tyrion kicked ass on the Green Ford, he made a knight yield.

What works in books or comic books doesn't mean it will work on film. And vice versa. That's the key to any good adaption into another medium. You take what works and change what doesn't so that it will work.

I don't know how that scene plays out, but I can imagine seeing a little guy kicking ass on film might look absurd and comedic when it's not suppose to be.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:57 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:It was disappointing, Tyrion kicked ass on the Green Ford, he made a knight yield.

What works in books or comic books doesn't mean it will work on film. And vice versa. That's the key to any good adaption into another medium. You take what works and change what doesn't so that it will work.

I don't know how that scene plays out, but I can imagine seeing a little guy kicking ass on film might look absurd and comedic when it's not suppose to be.

It worked when the hill tribes tried to ambush Tyrion on the road to the Vale, he crushed a guys skull in with a shield.

They'll need to make it work in season 2, I won't say more.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:59 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

It's pretty badass, he uses an Axe and wrecks some real shop. Word is they saved mucho bucks on not having battle scenes on TV. In the book Roose Bolton's army marched to the Green Fork while Rob grabs Jaime. Roose loses but retreats in time which distracts the Lannisters and they lose Jaime.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:38 pm

The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors !

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:It's pretty badass, he uses an Axe and wrecks some real shop. Word is they saved mucho bucks on not having battle scenes on TV. In the book Roose Bolton's army marched to the Green Fork while Rob grabs Jaime. Roose loses but retreats in time which distracts the Lannisters and they lose Jaime.

I figured budget was the biggest reason. Kind of a trade off. They could made it a big budget movie, and yeah you'd gotten more action scenes, but a lot would have had to been cut out to keep it within a 2 hour time limit.

Or could have it a series like this, which I prefer. Sure, less action, but it allows more of the story to be shown because of it being a series.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:48 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

It's pretty badass, he uses an Axe and wrecks some real shop. Word is they saved mucho bucks on not having battle scenes on TV. In the book Roose Bolton's army marched to the Green Fork while Rob grabs Jaime. Roose loses but retreats in time which distracts the Lannisters and they lose Jaime.

Have you read ADWD at all Hardcore ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:05 pm

I read the whole series... why?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:08 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I read the whole series... why?

It's one fucked up house.

Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Ramsay is a sick fuck because of it. Roose is a shitbag but hes smart.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:12 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Ramsay is a sick fuck because of it. Roose is a shitbag but hes smart.

I find the Reek chapters difficult to read, I just reached the part where Ramsay told Reek to moisten up his bride.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:17 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Ramsay is a sick fuck because of it. Roose is a shitbag but hes smart.

I find the Reek chapters difficult to read, I just reached the part where Ramsay told Reek to moisten up his bride.

Reek Reek Rhymes with Sneak. Karma is a motherfucker for our buddy from the Iron Islands.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:19 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Reek Reek Rhymes with Sneak. Karma is a motherfucker for our buddy from the Iron Islands.

It certainly is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next