The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

+10
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
hardcorebee24
kbyte
GrantZilla
Gumby
Rum Capital
Soonermark890
gomez1012
Norm1023
14 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 8 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  Gumby Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:06 pm

captainanddew wrote: I am kind of passed the whole watch an episode every Sunday thing. I am all about on demand or DVDs. Much more fun to sit and watch 4-5 episodes at a time with shows like Game of Thrones, Dexter, etc.... The really good ones where every episode builds on the storyline are better all at once in my opinion.

I keep thinking they can't get much better. every couple episodes I find myself being drawn in more and more.

I think I am going to have to read the books as well.

I agree. The only issue is once you're in, you're in. Once I got into the season I couldn't just stop watching and let episodes build up. I ended up going through it twice. The first time week by week, and the second time watching 2-3 eps at a time over 2 weeks. A lot of things made more sense the second time around.

Random S2 prediction: the new queen and the hound become friends. I remember Little Finger telling her his story and I think at some point she's going to exploit it to win him over after he watches her suffer for a while.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 8 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!)

Post  captainanddew Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:01 pm

whatever happens, there needs to be more Peter Dinlage. He is the most badass dwarf in history.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:20 am

captainanddew wrote:whatever happens, there needs to be more Peter Dinlage. He is the most badass dwarf in history.

Agreed +1,000,000
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:30 am

captainanddew wrote:whatever happens, there needs to be more Peter Dinlage. He is the most badass dwarf in history.

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 8 Jason-12
Wee-Man disagrees
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:40 am

There will be plenty more of Tyrion next season, he's the new Kings Hand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 8 Hbo_series_graph_2011_a_l

Game Of Thrones averaged 8.3 million.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Ali wrote:[img]
Game Of Thrones averaged 8.3 million.

That's good considering HBO has been losing subscribers. NetFlicks and fueds with cable providers are a big reason

However, HBO has recently countered this by offering a huge online app that makes Hulu look pathetic. From what I'm hearing, it will offer a huge amount of shit from WB-HBO's vault.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:27 am

The Blue Knight has been cast. 6'3 blonde lass Shocked

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0709/gameofthrones.html

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:31 am

Seriously Ali? I have to look at that guy's head each time I read 1 of your posts?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:35 am

freakzilla wrote:Seriously Ali? I have to look at that guy's head each time I read 1 of your posts?

Jaime Lannister is badass.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:36 am

I can't stand that fucker. He is my most hated character on the show.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:39 pm

freakzilla wrote:I can't stand that fucker. He is my most hated character on the show.

so true. If I ran into him on the street I wouldn't know whether to kick him in the nuts or ask for his autograph.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:42 pm

captainanddew wrote:
freakzilla wrote:I can't stand that fucker. He is my most hated character on the show.

so true. If I ran into him on the street I wouldn't know whether to kick him in the nuts or ask for his autograph.

I find Jaime humorous, his witty remarks are gold.

Plus, out of all the Lannister's he's been the only kind one to Tyrion.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:47 am

With me, it's that inbreded little shit Joffrey
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:14 am

I just finished the second book again. I'm trying to cram book three and four in this week since book five comes out this week.

I'm really excited for book five.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Book five is out tomorrow right ?

I didn't realize Renly was suppose to be a knight of the guard and a hunk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:10 pm

Ali wrote:Book five is out tomorrow right ?

It certainly is. I wanted to finish book three tonight but went out drinking instead.

Renly isn't a knight. He is Robert's brother and a member of the small council. He has a bigger role in the second book though.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Norm1023 wrote:
Ali wrote:Book five is out tomorrow right ?

It certainly is. I wanted to finish book three tonight but went out drinking instead.

Renly isn't a knight. He is Robert's brother and a member of the small council. He has a bigger role in the second book though.

Are you sure ? in the Sansa chapter in book one he's described as a member of the Knights guard wearing a helmet with golden antlers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:02 am

My mistake you're right Norm, I just got a little confused when they were all kneeling before Cersei's wheel carriage.

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:42 am

Book five is starting off really well. Jon Snow is turning into a badass.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:00 pm

British actor Clive Standen, who most recently played Sir Gawain in Starz’s now defunct Camelot, has let slip via Twitter that he has heard the names of three actors that will be added to the Game of Thrones cast for season two. He calls the news “MASSIVE” and reveals that one of the 3 appeared with him on Camelot, while another appeared in some other Arthurian film or TV show

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=41659

Surely it's James Purefoy, he's got ties to HBO.

I wouldn't mind Joesph Fiennes either.

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:42 pm

Ali, are you still reading the books? I'm telling you, it'll make the series better.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:16 am

Norm1023 wrote:Ali, are you still reading the books? I'm telling you, it'll make the series better.

Funny you should ask, I was just about to post an say how much I am enjoying reading the book.

I am not a religious reader so it'll take time to get through them. But I really am having fun reading the first book, it's a nice breezy read, not as heavy or long winded as I expected. And despite watching the show twice it's still very entertaining, plus little snippets have been left out of the show which makes the read more rewarding.

In the post today I received Blood and Snow, A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons. And the latter is freaking massive, it dwarfs my L.O.T.R trilogy paperback.

I just need to get into a routine of reading a couple chapters every night, but nothing beats reading the book on a nice hot summers day Smile

BTW, why did they choose such a wimpy actors for Renly and Jofre ? in the books they are tall and handsome.

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers inside !!!!!) - Page 8 Empty Game of Thrones season 2 casting

Post  Tobe Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:27 am

Stannis Baratheon to be played by Stephen Dillane, and his "mystical advisor" Melisandre will be played by Carice van Houten.

http://www.ology.com/screen/stannis-baratheon-melisandre-cast-game-thrones
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:35 am

Great choice for Stannis, he fits the description of the character except for the physical build, but that's ok because Mark Addy wasn't exactly over 6ft. Dilliane was outstanding in John Adam, I was hoping for Sir Patrick Stewart but this is way better.

I haven't reached A Clash Of Kings yet so I couldn't tell you've they've cast the right lady for Melisandre, but she's a fox Very Happy

Davos has also been cast. Liam Cunningham
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/19/liam-cunningham-davos/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next