The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner/Perez, Alexander/Maidana unofficial thread

+10
Soonermark890
hardcorebee24
GK9899
Gumby
Tobe
Diego408
NJBeatdown86
Rum Capital
powerpuncher
captainanddew
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Broner/Perez, Alexander/Maidana unofficial thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Broner/Perez, Alexander/Maidana unofficial thread

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:17 am

round 5 was a round for maidana i thought. it was close but i thought that maidanas aggression won him the round. i have it 3-2 for alexander.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Broner/Perez, Alexander/Maidana unofficial thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Broner/Perez, Alexander/Maidana unofficial thread

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:18 am

Maidana has 15 mins left. He better hurt Alexander soon.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:19 am

Alexander is easyt to time. He feints back three steps then fires a hook straight combo that is easy to predict.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:19 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Alexander is easyt to time. He feints back three steps then fires a hook straight combo that is easy to predict.

very true. Kotelnik knew what was coming and what to counter with after 3-4 rounds.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:20 am

Maidana in some trouble now.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:21 am

I repeat what I said earlier, someone is getting KO'd tonight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:21 am

maidana was hurt at the end of that round. the only thing that i cant figure out is how all 3 commentators actually thought that was a knockdown. alexander clearly pushed him down.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:21 am

I think Alexander will stop him. He's a good finisher. For all the flack he's taken, he has looked better at 147 and controlled Maidana. He doesn't bounce around as much (I only saw him doing it in round 5) and has been pretty focused throughout.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:23 am

Gumby wrote:I think Alexander will stop him. He's a good finisher. For all the flack he's taken, he has looked better at 147 and controlled Maidana. He doesn't bounce around as much (I only saw him doing it in round 5) and has been pretty focused throughout.

I'm not sure he looks that much better. Alexander isn't facing someone with good technique and boxing ability. Alexander struggled with 3 guys that have pretty good to very good technique in Kotelnik, Bradley, and Matthyse.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:24 am

Will Maidana still be standing at the end of 10 rounds?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:25 am

i still dont think that alexander is going to stop maidana. but alexander is doing way better than i thought he would.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:26 am

Devon can't quite put it all together. When he's tight, he sits on his punches better, extends more, and is more careful on d; but he doesn't get good combos and is predictable. When he's loose, he let's his punches flow and moves more; but he bounces too much and leaves himself too open.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:28 am

I think I get why it's so easy to get mad at Alexander. Not many fighters look to hold after they hurt a guy. That should've been the round to end it.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:29 am

maidana probably has no chance to win now.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:30 am

Gumby wrote:I think I get why it's so easy to get mad at Alexander. Not many fighters look to hold after they hurt a guy. That should've been the round to end it.

not jsut that. He makes noise when he punches. He has done alot of shoeshining in fights.

And he got 2 decisions he shouldn't have gotten agaisnt Kotelnik and Matthyse. When you get hometown decisions, people hold it against you. At least I do.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:31 am

Gumby wrote:I think I get why it's so easy to get mad at Alexander. Not many fighters look to hold after they hurt a guy. That should've been the round to end it.

Yes, but he looks meaner tonight. He's not letting Maidana bully him too much. It is easy to get mad at him, he should have put Maidana away.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:33 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Yes, but he looks meaner tonight. He's not letting Maidana bully him too much. It is easy to get mad at him, he should have put Maidana away.

true. But he never really got bullied. He just got hit by guys that could time him and counter with good straight punches.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:34 am

captainanddew wrote:
Gumby wrote:I think Alexander will stop him. He's a good finisher. For all the flack he's taken, he has looked better at 147 and controlled Maidana. He doesn't bounce around as much (I only saw him doing it in round 5) and has been pretty focused throughout.

I'm not sure he looks that much better. Alexander isn't facing someone with good technique and boxing ability. Alexander struggled with 3 guys that have pretty good to very good technique in Kotelnik, Bradley, and Matthyse.
Not technique, but physically. He looks stronger, he looks like he's punching harder, and he looks like he takes a better punch. He looked scared at times in there with those three. He's been tentative and tight against Maidana, but not scared.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:35 am

captainanddew wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

true. But he never really got bullied. He just got hit by guys that could time and counters with good straight punches.

I guess that he just always seemed kinda "Aww Shucks" to me. Tonight he seems like he really wants hurt his opponent. He has to fix the p[position of his head though and where it ends up after he throws a punch.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:37 am

Gumby wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Not technique, but physically. He looks stronger, he looks like he's punching harder, and he looks like he takes a better punch. He looked scared at times in there with those three. He's been tentative and tight against Maidana, but not scared.

he look scared because they coudl defend against his shots and landed counter shots. Maidana can't counter well enough. Witter was too past his prime. Urango was wide open.

Yes, moving up in weight will allow him to have more power and take a shot better but weight (contrary to what he says) is not why he really lost 3 fights.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:42 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

true. But he never really got bullied. He just got hit by guys that could time and counters with good straight punches.

I guess that he just always seemed kinda "Aww Shucks" to me. Tonight he seems like he really wants hurt his opponent. He has to fix the p[position of his head though and where it ends up after he throws a punch.

Alexander has fought 6 guys that were world class. Witter, Urango, Kotelnik, Bradley, Matthyse, and Maidana.

He was aggressive against Witter, Urango. Max-said this was the Devon Alexander that got me excited against Junior Witter and Juan Urango.

Weight isn't why he struggled in the Kotelnik, Bradley, and Matthyse fights. Those are better boxers.

To me he is stronger at 147 and takes a shot better, but it is going to be a matter of opponent. You have fighters that can match or come close to matching his boxing ability and he will go back to trying to shoe shine after a few rounds.

Last edited by captainanddew on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:42 am

captainanddew wrote:
Gumby wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

he look scared because they coudl defend against his shots and landed counter shots. Maidana can't counter well enough. Witter was too past his prime. Urango was wide open.

Yes, moving up in weight will allow him to have more power and take a shot better but weight (contrary to what he says) is not why he really lost 3 fights.

Did anybody catch the prefight statistics where they profile the contenders and champs in each division? They had Alexander's record at 29-3-2.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:42 am

somebody watch the replay of the "knockdown" and tell me how it wasnt a push.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:44 am

captainanddew wrote:

Alexander has fought 6 guys that were world class. Witter, Urango, Kotelnik, Bradley, Matthyse, and Maidana.

He was aggressive against Witter, Urango. Max-said this was the Devon Alexander that got me excited against Junior Witter and Juan Urango.

Weight isn't why he struggled in the Kotelnik, Bradley, and Matthyse fights. Those are better boxers.

To me he is stronger at 147 and takes a shot better, but it is going to be a matter of opponent. You have fighters that can match or come close to matching his boxing ability and he will go back to trying to shoe shine after a few rounds. [/quote]

OK
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:44 am

powerpuncher wrote:somebody watch the replay of the "knockdown" and tell me how it wasnt a push.

Did they score it a knockdown?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next