The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner/Perez, Alexander/Maidana unofficial thread

+10
Soonermark890
hardcorebee24
GK9899
Gumby
Tobe
Diego408
NJBeatdown86
Rum Capital
powerpuncher
captainanddew
14 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Broner/Perez, Alexander/Maidana unofficial thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Broner/Perez, Alexander/Maidana unofficial thread

Post  Guest Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:23 pm

I wouldn't be shocked if wee see Alexander vs. Ortiz/Berto late this year.

Back to top Go down

Broner/Perez, Alexander/Maidana unofficial thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Broner/Perez, Alexander/Maidana unofficial thread

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I wouldn't be shocked if wee see Alexander vs. Ortiz/Berto late this year.
That would be a good matchup. How long is Berto out? I thought it was the earliest he could fight was like november. If thats the case make the Alexander vs Ortiz fight now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Berto-Ortiz II is supposed to be in June or July I believe. Devon wants to fight around that time too so he will probably get a lighter touch. I don't know who he might fight but I bet it is in STL.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:01 pm

my thoughts on this fight.first it went as i expected if alexander used his jab and fought smart..dispite all the possitive comments about maidana i felt that he was hiughly overated on this board and told sooner that in differnt words in a phone conversation..maidana also doesnt have a iron chin.its average or slightly above maybe..alexander showed no sign of fading or runing out of gas this fight.just a hunch but maybe it was because he didnt have to make 140 anymore which he has done since he was 15 years old.that may of effected him and drained him the last rounds of his last 3 or so fights..
maidana was the perfect partner for alexander especialy since there was no draining effect from making weight..its a case of one fighter who has some talent vs a fighter who has none.maidana is slow punching a ploder who moves in without punching is slow afoot and extra slow in the thinking department.he stands straight up cant avoid a punch or jab poor defense and poor ring iq..a perfect partner for a guy with a jab can move somewhat intelligetly is fluid in movement and can punch hard enough for respect.
his only chance was to land a big one and after 5 rounds his lousy corner should of said you lost every round.you cannot win a descion doing that.go for broke.kill or be killed.hell he himself after round 7 should of known that.slow thinking indeed.
alexander should beat guys like maidana 9 out of ten times..tailor made partner.the question is what does he do against fighters with talent.he will win some lose some..hes not elite but by todays standards hes first tier no doubt.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:07 pm

dmar5143 wrote:my thoughts on this fight.first it went as i expected if alexander used his jab and fought smart..dispite all the possitive comments about maidana i felt that he was hiughly overated on this board and told sooner that in differnt words in a phone conversation..maidana also doesnt have a iron chin.its average or slightly above maybe..alexander showed no sign of fading or runing out of gas this fight.just a hunch but maybe it was because he didnt have to make 140 anymore which he has done since he was 15 years old.that may of effected him and drained him the last rounds of his last 3 or so fights..
maidana was the perfect partner for alexander especialy since there was no draining effect from making weight..its a case of one fighter who has some talent vs a fighter who has none.maidana is slow punching a ploder who moves in without punching is slow afoot and extra slow in the thinking department.he stands straight up cant avoid a punch or jab poor defense and poor ring iq..a perfect partner for a guy with a jab can move somewhat intelligetly is fluid in movement and can punch hard enough for respect.
his only chance was to land a big one and after 5 rounds his lousy corner should of said you lost every round.you cannot win a descion doing that.go for broke.kill or be killed.hell he himself after round 7 should of known that.slow thinking indeed.
alexander should beat guys like maidana 9 out of ten times..tailor made partner.the question is what does he do against fighters with talent.he will win some lose some..hes not elite but by todays standards hes first tier no doubt.

I agree with the bold.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6