The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

+5
captainanddew
flapanther2001
Tobe
UBeeg9cats
gomez1012
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Someone needs to get on our twitter and tell Kelly to go fuck himself from the boxing palace message board.

someone needs to say something. Saying fuck you won't do anything though. He'll just brush it off and be able to ignore it.

Would be smarter to tell him that while he calls the amounts of 50k and 1.3 million peanuts, the 50k purse in itself is more than most people in Youngstown make in a year, toiling away 40 hours a week for 52 weeks a year.
Maybe you should say it then. LOL

I can say something that makes sense on here but get me on twitter and I'll start foaming at the mouth and firing shit at that bitch. He really is a piece of shit.
LOL yeah I wouldnt be nice.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

Post  GrantZilla Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:57 am

Well, Pavlik has successfully fucked over his career. Arum all but said Pavlik is un-promotable. And that no network will want him.

"I did go over and have a two-hour lunch with Bob Arum in order to address this thing. He just basically said that it's going to be hard. Bob and [Top Rank President] Todd [duBoef] both said that it's going to be difficult for television people to believe that Kelly's going to show up," said Dunkin.

"You know, he's pulled out of fights several times, you know. So it may be tough convincing them. Bob said, 'You're going to go and call up the networks and say, 'We want to put Kelly Pavlik on after this?' He said it's going to be a hard sell because of the problems that he's had."

"Kelly Pavlik was supposed to fight on the Pacquiao-Margarito pay per view under card, and we did a press conference for it. But two days later, he pulled out," said Arum.

"And then he did fight on the Pacquiao-Mosley card on pay per view. So with slots on our pay per view, he's 50-50 and batting .500. But I can't run a business on .500."

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168441-can-kelly-pavlik-recapture-the-trust-of-the-networks

Arum said the only way he could see Pavlik getting on network again is on FOX Sports under Top Rank's own budget.

Pavlik will learn the real meaning of fighting for "peanuts."
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4