The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

+5
captainanddew
flapanther2001
Tobe
UBeeg9cats
gomez1012
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:02 am

flapanther2001 wrote:Who the hell is advising this guy? He is seriously making one bad decision after the next.

If I am not mistaken Cameron Dunkin is Kelly's manager.

Dunkin also manages Bradley, hmm my Spidy sense is tingling.

Back to top Go down

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:49 am

Ali wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Who the hell is advising this guy? He is seriously making one bad decision after the next.

Add Nonito Donaire to the list of his clients

This butterball is trying to cash in big time
Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBaM1HCGpbCFW4Rt7zYUMtNfZHh9U-HQ3yVlEt6zZjlY5l2cXCXw
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:56 am

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Add Nonito Donaire to the list of his clients

This butterball is trying to cash in big time
Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBaM1HCGpbCFW4Rt7zYUMtNfZHh9U-HQ3yVlEt6zZjlY5l2cXCXw

The guy looks creepy.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Dunkin might be an idiot with bad advice but there is no way anyone with a brain would advise Pavlik to drop out of a fight 4 days before it happens. You have already put in the effort and must pay trainers and others. You ruin your relationship with Showtime, Top Rank, and your fans. Bob is absolutely 100% correct wondering how another promoter will feel trying to put a guy who changes his mind on a card. I wouldn't go anywhere near him if I was a promoter.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:18 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:Dunkin might be an idiot with bad advice but there is no way anyone with a brain would advise Pavlik to drop out of a fight 4 days before it happens. You have already put in the effort and must pay trainers and others. You ruin your relationship with Showtime, Top Rank, and your fans. Bob is absolutely 100% correct wondering how another promoter will feel trying to put a guy who changes his mind on a card. I wouldn't go anywhere near him if I was a promoter.

Thats exactly what Dunkin did by bitching about not getting Kessler $$$
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:23 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:Dunkin might be an idiot with bad advice but there is no way anyone with a brain would advise Pavlik to drop out of a fight 4 days before it happens. You have already put in the effort and must pay trainers and others. You ruin your relationship with Showtime, Top Rank, and your fans. Bob is absolutely 100% correct wondering how another promoter will feel trying to put a guy who changes his mind on a card. I wouldn't go anywhere near him if I was a promoter.

Thats exactly what Dunkin did by bitching about not getting Kessler $$$

I know Loew said it was Dunkin but I just don't believe it. I think Kelly and some yes men made the decision. Kelly just flushed his entire career or at the very least, the next 3 years down the drain. Dunkin can't make money off a guy who can't get fights.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:28 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
I know Loew said it was Dunkin but I just don't believe it. I think Kelly and some yes men made the decision. Kelly just flushed his entire career or at the very least, the next 3 years down the drain. Dunkin can't make money off a guy who can't get fights.

Pavlik can jump ship like Nonito was going to and go to GBP

Im sure he's already thinking about it since he mentions his deal is up in a year and has no problem sitting
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Maybe perhaps this could open the door for Pavlik vs Andrade.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Ali wrote:Maybe perhaps this could open the door for Pavlik vs Andrade.

Im sure HBO would pay for that or Dirrell fights
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:54 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Ewww.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:55 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Fuck Pavlik. I see no reason to ever watch that guy again. Lets be real he is done as a fighter.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Fuck Pavlik. I see no reason to ever watch that guy again. Lets be real he is done as a fighter.

Despite this moronic move there is still alot of fun fights to make with Pavlik.

Andrade, Froch, Kessler, Abraham etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:02 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Despite this moronic move there is still alot of fun fights to make with Pavlik.

I would say that all of those guys put Kelly to sleep early. I really do think he is done.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:05 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

I would say that all of those guys put Kelly to sleep early. I really do think he is done.

That's a bit of an overreaction. I see the Andrade and Froch fights being FOTY contenders.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

That's a bit of an overreaction. I see the Andrade and Froch fights being FOTY contenders.
I could be wrong but after his last few fights he looked like shit. He still has the same shitty trainer and he is probably still on the sauce.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Ali wrote:

Pavlik is likely to get a shot at the Super Six Champ, he's rated # 1 by the WBC

Probably be the tourney's mandatory for the green strap
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:18 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Pavlik is likely to get a shot at the Super Six Champ, he's rated # 1 by the WBC

Probably be the tourney's mandatory for the green strap

Hopefully Froch triumphs in October.

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:28 pm

[quote="Soonermark890"][quote="Ali"][quote="Soonermark890"][quote="Ali"][quote="Soonermark890"]
gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:Maybe perhaps this could open the \

I could be wrong but after his last few fights he looked like shit. He still has the same shitty trainer and he is probably still on the sauce.

Sooner, I've heard that a lot about Loew.

Not sure what basis there is to say that, with all due respect. Let's keep in mind for every Jack Loew, there's 500 guys working in gyms that we'll never hear of. The fact that we know who he is says he did something right. He took a kid and brought him to a title. He has trained other ranking fighters, in addition to the US national boxing team.

Loew loved boxing and managed to turn it into a viable career. I think a lot of us would like to earn our living through boxing. But how many of us really can do that? It just seems that guys like Loew never really get anything said about them until things go bad. If Kelly's recent troubles suggest Loew is a bad trainer, then wouldn't it stand to reason that he was a good trainer when Kelly was fighting well? Some trainers can only catch shit it seems.

It's just kinda weird. I just don't see anything here that suggests any problem with Loew. He can't babysit his fighters 24-7.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Usual stuff, fighter wants more $$$
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:36 pm

[quote="ScottLevinson"][quote="Soonermark890"][quote="Ali"][quote="Soonermark890"][quote="Ali"]
Soonermark890 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:Maybe perhaps this could open the \

Not sure what basis there is to say that, with all due respect. Let's keep in mind for every Jack Loew, there's 500 guys working in gyms that we'll never hear of. The fact that we know who he is says he did something right. He took a kid and brought him to a title. He has trained other ranking fighters, in addition to the US national boxing team.

Loew loved boxing and managed to turn it into a viable career. I think a lot of us would like to earn our living through boxing. But how many of us really can do that? It just seems that guys like Loew never really get anything said about them until things go bad. If Kelly's recent troubles suggest Loew is a bad trainer, then wouldn't it stand to reason that he was a good trainer when Kelly was fighting well? Some trainers can only catch shit it seems.

It's just kinda weird. I just don't see anything here that suggests any problem with Loew. He can't babysit his fighters 24-7.

You are probably right I just base it on how Kelly hasnt improved at all since he fought Taylor and also his instructions on fight night are usually pretty bad (maybe not the best description).
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:37 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Usual stuff, fighter wants more $$$

His tone and arguments are delusional.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:38 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:

Loew catches a lot of crap but he's done a good job with a limited fighter, Id say he's maxed out what was there with Pavlik

If Pavlik wasnt a drunk, he could be dominating 160 right now
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:16 am

I’m tired of being a puppet…Kelly Pavlik is still one of the biggest names in boxing. It is. My name is bigger than Mikkel Kessler’s, believe it or not. If you go on the internet and look at every boxing site and everything else, any time Kelly Pavlik’s name comes up it’s big.

---Kelly Pavlik
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:35 am

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168369-kelly-pavlik-is-still-one-of-the-biggest-names-in-boxing

Pavlik is so delusional. I'm sure he has a couple valid points like not knowing his Cunningham purse until the other day and Top Rank skimming money off him. He can't possibly believe Kessler got a 3 mil guarantee. Boxing Scene said it was 750k for Kessler plus the Denmark TV money. He's acting like TR would pocket the extra 2 mil but he would get 82% of the 40% of the profit his side would get. This works out to 33% of the profit and would easily exceed his guarantee. I guess if he wants to retire we should let him because quotes like "It's not about fighting for Youngstown. It's about me. It's like anybody who works hard on their job. I mean, my job is to go and get punched in the face and to get paid for a living and to get beat up." don't win the fans over.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next