The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

+5
captainanddew
flapanther2001
Tobe
UBeeg9cats
gomez1012
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? Empty Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

Post  Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:56 am

Kelly Pavlik apparently has threatened to pull out of Saturday's fight against Darryl Cunningham over the offer he received to face IBF super middleweight titleholder Lucian Bute in his next fight, RingTV.com has learned.

A source familiar with the negotiations said Pavlik (36-2, 32 knockouts) is upset because he has been offered far less by his promotion frim, Top Rank, than Mikkel Kessler was offered to face Bute. Kessler turned down the offer.

"Kelly had heard that Kessler was being offered something like $3.5 million, and that he turned that down. So Kelly wasn't really happy with the $1.1 million that Top Rank was offering him," the source said on Tuesday, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

"So I would say that right now, I don't think that (Saturday's) fight's going to happen. Unless, of course, Top Rank comes back with something [better.]"

Pavlik, the former middleweight champion, pulled out of a fight with Paul Williams last year because of a staph infection in his hand.

"This had nothing to do with an injury," the source said.

Showtime is scheduled to televise the Pavlik-Cunningham fight.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/rumors/articles/168345-is-pavlik-cunningham-off-of-this-wekends-show-

If I was Arum I'd cut Kelly loose, he seems to be nothing but a train-wreck now.

Last edited by Ali on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? Empty Re: Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:00 pm

yea 1.1 is pretty good
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? Empty Re: Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

Post  Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:03 pm

gomez1012 wrote:yea 1.1 is pretty good

Especially when you're just out of rehab.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:29 pm

He has to know he can't get 3.5 million. These articles always make me sad how delusional some boxers truly are. He's also stupid to pull out of a fight he has already trained and put in all the work for.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:33 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:He has to know he can't get 3.5 million. These articles always make me sad how delusional some boxers truly are. He's also stupid to pull out of a fight he has already trained and put in all the work for.

I don't think Kelly is ready for the fight anyway, no way he walks away from 1.1 MILLION DOLLARS at this point in his career (and life) otherwise. If it happens, I'm taking Cunningham in the upset.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Kessler is a way bigger name than Pavlik is too, he brings all that Danish bread to the table

Pavlik has Youngstown behind him lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Dan's twitter says Kelly is officially pulled out. How do people get convinced this is a wise business choice? He has just alienated his entire fanbase.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:02 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:Dan's twitter says Kelly is officially pulled out. How do people get convinced this is a wise business choice? He has just alienated his entire fanbase.

Was told by @ToddDuboef that Kelly Pavlik pulled out of Saturday's Showtime fight vs. Cunningham. Card is off. No real reason given.

Dumb ass Pavlik
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm sad because Dannie Williams is a nice lightweight prospect from the STL. He had a very solid fight on the card. Pavlik's greed or craziness doesn't just affect him, it has reverberations among these undercard fighters.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? Pavlik+lost
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Who the hell is advising this guy? He is seriously making one bad decision after the next.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:16 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Who the hell is advising this guy? He is seriously making one bad decision after the next.

Dr. Jack Daniels

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? Jack_daniels_presid_preview
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:21 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Who the hell is advising this guy? He is seriously making one bad decision after the next.

Dr. Jack Daniels

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? Jack_daniels_presid_preview
LOL..........
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Kelly is an idiot if this is true.

Very simple.
1-Kessler has Danish tv money, which is probably a rather nice amount for a fight of this level. So he brings alot to the table.
Pavlik brings very little at this point. If this was a few years ago and he was an undefeated MW champ moving up, then at least he would have had that calling card.

2-Kessler could get another fight very easily and while he might not make 3.5 million, he could make alot of money fighting at home against decent (but not great) fighters.
Pavlik isn't going to make much fighting anyone at this point as the prevailing view is his lifestyle choices, trainer, and inactivity, have ruined his career (and he won't be able to resurrect it).

Pavlik should have gone out and fought this week, looked impressive and then look at his options. This is a horrible business decision.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:45 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I'm sad because Dannie Williams is a nice lightweight prospect from the STL. He had a very solid fight on the card. Pavlik's greed or craziness doesn't just affect him, it has reverberations among these undercard fighters.

Dannie got picked up for next week's FNF so I guess he will be fine but Francisco Contreras loses his opportunity at a step up fight.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Tobe wrote:Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? Pavlik+lost

Should update the pic to include the tat fails all over him
Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? GYI0064636054_extra_large

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:21 pm

I expect to hear a press release from TR stating that Pavlik and them are parting ways.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:32 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I expect to hear a press release from TR stating that Pavlik and them are parting ways.

Arum and DuBoef already letting the shots fly

Bob
"The way I read it is that he doesn’t want to fight anymore. ... I don’t know what more you can do. So it seems to me, coming the way it did, the week of the fight, it seems to me that he has second thoughts about fighting. ... I’m really troubled by this. It’s got nothing to do with him fighting or not fighting. I’m past that. I’m really troubled by what’s happening with him as a person."

DuBoef
"It wasn't mentioned [drinkings] but it's the first thing I speculated," duBoef said. "My first thought was I hope his health is not at risk. We operate gingerly with Kelly as it relates to his demons from the past. We take direction from his team.

"But the behavior here is somewhat erratic and unprofessional. I'm very sympathetic to (Showtime), the fans, my staff, the (Covelli Centre) and the people in Youngstown who were looking forward to this and working on the event. Unfortunately, it did not come about. There is some soul searching to do for Kelly and his team. The answers more lie with him than anyone else."
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Yeah, Pavlik is gone from TR for sure. This cost TR money to set up the fight, promote, ect. Not to mention this makes them look bad with Showtime.

Pavlik too much risk and at this point not real reward. He's gone
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:20 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yeah, Pavlik is gone from TR for sure. This cost TR money to set up the fight, promote, ect. Not to mention this makes them look bad with Showtime.

Pavlik too much risk and at this point not real reward. He's gone

this is horrible for everyone. Even more than just Top Rank. the opponent was getting a nationally televised fight and most likely his biggest payday. Guys on the undercard were going to fight in front of a decent crowd, etc...
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Waiting for TR to file suit against Pavlik in 3..2..1
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 pm

He will get a suspension for this for at least a year. I remember when Allan Green pulled the same shit and he was suspended for it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Bute should fight Glen Johnson now.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:55 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Bute should fight Glen Johnson now.

What...and risk his "0"? I'd love to see GJ give Bute a beat down but would Bute risk it?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:43 am

I forgot Pavlik's manager is Cameron Dunkin, the same clown that is "managing" Bitch Bradley

And according to Loew, Pavlik did this shit right after talking to Dunkin
http://www.boxingscene.com/jack-loew-pavlik-changed-convo-with-manager--42251
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next