The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

+5
captainanddew
flapanther2001
Tobe
UBeeg9cats
gomez1012
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

Post  Tobe Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:57 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/168369-kelly-pavlik-is-still-one-of-the-biggest-names-in-boxing

Pavlik is so delusional. I'm sure he has a couple valid points like not knowing his Cunningham purse until the other day and Top Rank skimming money off him. He can't possibly believe Kessler got a 3 mil guarantee. Boxing Scene said it was 750k for Kessler plus the Denmark TV money. He's acting like TR would pocket the extra 2 mil but he would get 82% of the 40% of the profit his side would get. This works out to 33% of the profit and would easily exceed his guarantee. I guess if he wants to retire we should let him because quotes like "It's not about fighting for Youngstown. It's about me. It's like anybody who works hard on their job. I mean, my job is to go and get punched in the face and to get paid for a living and to get beat up." don't win the fans over.

Sounds like a winning attitude there. I thought the idea was NOT to get beat up scratch
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ?

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:53 am

Bob needs to cut Pavlik loose.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:06 am

Ali wrote:Bob needs to cut Pavlik loose.

I believe you are correct my scottish friend. His outside the ring problems (alcohol, idiot attitude, skipping fights, paranoia) have begun to outweigh the money he can make for the company.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Ali wrote:Bob needs to cut Pavlik loose.

Kelly said he has a year left on his contract, I think Bob will throw him in with the Super Six winner

Arum will cash out with him or Pavlik will do nothing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Apparently Kessler was only getting a guarantee of 750k. But because he was keeping the Danish tv rights and receiving a separate fee from Showtime it probably would have culminated in a lucrative deal.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Ali wrote:Apparently Kessler was only getting a guarantee of 750k. But because he was keeping the Danish tv rights and receiving a separate fee from Showtime it probably would have culminated in a lucrative deal.

What where the Youngstown TV rights?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:43 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:Apparently Kessler was only getting a guarantee of 750k. But because he was keeping the Danish tv rights and receiving a separate fee from Showtime it probably would have culminated in a lucrative deal.

What where the Youngstown TV rights?

Laughing

$793

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:46 pm

As Pavlik would say

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR24eIBL-IkoB_fwMqvzQg8RI50nxBl3UNcFOdFBKgdu9tigukq
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:47 pm

gomez1012 wrote:As Pavlik would say

Pavlik to pull out of Saturdays fight over Bute offer ? - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR24eIBL-IkoB_fwMqvzQg8RI50nxBl3UNcFOdFBKgdu9tigukq

Really bugs me when certain athletes or stars claim sums like 50K are peanuts, that's a years salary for alot of people.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Seriously, especially where Pavlik is from

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Dan, do you think Pavlik is overestimating his own relevance/drawing power in the boxing landscape?

Fat Dan: Yes, especially since I was told ticket sales in Youngstown for Saturday's no-canceled fight lagged badly. Top Rank would definitely lose money on that show, but hoped to make it up with the Bute fight. Even with the show off Saturday, I am told Top Rank will lose about $50,000 in expenses already put out for such things as travel, media buys, conference call, deposit on the buidling, etc... One good thing though -- even though Cunningham won't get his $20,000 purse, Top Rank told me they would at least give him something for his trouble, probably something like 5 grand because it's the right thing to do.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:44 pm

More great news, I guess Showtime is furious at Pavlik. I wonder if his ass will be blacklisted by them.

Other networks are a community. No doubt HBO knows what happened with Pavlik with pulling out of a scheduled Showtime fight. So he'll probably be blacklisted by HBO too.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:46 pm

GrantZilla wrote:More great news, I guess Showtime is furious at Pavlik. I wonder if his ass will be blacklisted by them.

Might as well

Two fights he fucked up for them.

Shit he screwed over HBO with the Paul Williams fights and now on SHO vs Bute
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Kessler would make alot of money (even though the rumored guarantee most likely wasn't true), because he has a whole freaking nation that will watch him fight on tv!!!!

Denmark's population:

Population of state of Ohio:

I'd bet my life that Kessler gets at least 50% of the televisions in Denmark tuned to his fights. Pavlik would be lucky if he got 5% of the televisions in Ohio tuned in to his fights.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:41 pm

Fat Dan just said that Top Rank lost atleast 50k on the Pavlik pull out.

You can bet Arum going to take this out on Pavlik's ass
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:43 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Fat Dan just said that Top Rank lost atleast 50k on the Pavlik pull out.

Pavlik called $50,000 peanuts. FUCK YOU KELLY. Its a couple of hours work and 3 months of training. Some people would kill to have that kind of job. Plus he would have set himself up for a possible multi million dollar pay day. I hope we never see this piece of shit again.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:45 pm

Pavlik realy become a chump. My guess is, he always was a chump

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:46 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Pavlik realy become a chump. My guess is, he always was a chump

Fuck him. He used to talk about how he was the working mans fighter blah blah blah. FUCK YOU KELLY.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Fat Dan just said that Top Rank lost atleast 50k on the Pavlik pull out.

Pavlik called $50,000 peanuts. FUCK YOU KELLY. Its a couple of hours work and 3 months of training. Some people would kill to have that kind of job. Plus he would have set himself up for a possible multi million dollar pay day. I hope we never see this piece of shit again.

median household (entire freaking household) income 2010 for USA: 50,221
median household (entire freaking household) income 2010 for OHIO: 45, 467

And he complains about training for 8 weeks and for a fight. Especially when he has a million dollar payday waiting for him.

Insulting.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:51 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

median household (entire freaking household) income 2010 for USA: 50,221
median household (entire freaking household) income 2010 for OHIO: 45, 467

And he complains about training for 8 weeks and for a fight. Especially when he has a million dollar payday waiting for him.

Insulting.
Yep thats why I say fuck that piece of shit. I hope he fights someone who KO's him so badly he cant fight again. Then he will get to find out what its like to work for a living.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:54 pm

What a fall it's been from winning The Ring belt to a being a pathetic drunk. As somebody struggling to find a job right now, I say go fuck yourself Kelly, $50,000 is more than your ass deserves right now.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Someone needs to get on our twitter and tell Kelly to go fuck himself from the boxing palace message board.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:12 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Someone needs to get on our twitter and tell Kelly to go fuck himself from the boxing palace message board.

someone needs to say something. Saying fuck you won't do anything though. He'll just brush it off and be able to ignore it.

Would be smarter to tell him that while he calls the amounts of 50k and 1.3 million peanuts, the 50k purse in itself is more than most people in Youngstown make in a year, toiling away 40 hours a week for 52 weeks a year.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:15 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Someone needs to get on our twitter and tell Kelly to go fuck himself from the boxing palace message board.

someone needs to say something. Saying fuck you won't do anything though. He'll just brush it off and be able to ignore it.

Would be smarter to tell him that while he calls the amounts of 50k and 1.3 million peanuts, the 50k purse in itself is more than most people in Youngstown make in a year, toiling away 40 hours a week for 52 weeks a year.
Maybe you should say it then. LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Maybe you should say it then. LOL

I can say something that makes sense on here but get me on twitter and I'll start foaming at the mouth and firing shit at that bitch. He really is a piece of shit.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next