The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bute Vs. Kessler

+9
BoxingGenius
dbudge
Diego408
Gumby
gomez1012
UBeeg9cats
flapanther2001
SlickMoney
hardcorebee24
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bute Vs. Kessler - Page 2 Empty Re: Bute Vs. Kessler

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:06 pm

Bute is severely underrated, once the tournament is over you'll see how classy he is.

I am not even convinced Ward would beat him anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:50 pm

Ali wrote:Bute is severely underrated, once the tournament is over you'll see how classy he is.

I am not even convinced Ward would beat him anymore.
I think Ward could UD him but Bute has show he can box with anyone and the guy has power. My guess is Ward would be the favorite but he has to get by Froch and that will be very very tough.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:52 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:bute is very overrated, ward will dispose of him very very easily froch would too

Please explain further. That is a broad statement. I disagree with you. He's ranked third in the division behind Froch and Ward. He's won his last six fights by KO and only two have gone past four. In all of those fights he was clearly dominating his opponents and came away unscathed. I think he'll be competitive for both men ranked above him and for Kessler ranked below him. Bute has the ability to beat all three and also the possibility to lose to all three. What chink in his armor makes him very overrated and what do Ward and Froch posses that would allow them to easily dominate the third best guy in a division where the top four guys seem to be evenly matched?

For one, he hasn't beaten anyone of note really, yet has all but been handed the winner of the super 6? To me it seems like a bit of a joke that the Super 6 is to see who gets to fight Bute? seems a bit back asswards if you ask me. He is a very good fighter, but ward and froch are leagues above him. I doubt he would even be able to hang with dirrell at this point. I've only seen his last two fights which he won by KO, but i just wasnt impressed. Maybe I'm wrong, but i think most of the super 6 originals handle him.
Hasnt beat anyone? Lets see
He has KO'd
Edison Miranda
Librado Andrade
William Joppy
He also beat Sakio Bika

That is not a bad list. On top of that he is 29-0. Dirrell would get murdered by Bute. Froch, and Johnson are the only ones I think would be a toss up fight and Ward if he beats Froch would be a favorite.
Not only do Ward, Kessler & Froch whip Bute, but Dirrell boxes his ears of to an easy UD. Every fighter you mentioned is no better than a B or C fighter, and you forgot to mention that his last 4 defenses were against the worst possible opponents that could possibly be sanctioned for a title fight. Oh yeah, the Road Warrior crushes him too.
What makes you guys think that Dirrell could beat Bute. Bute has beat better comp than he has. AA is the best fighter he has ever beat and he was DQ'd. Really Bute would kill Dirrell and it wouldnt be close.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:That is not a bad list. On top of that he is *29-0. Dirrell would get murdered by Bute. Froch, and Johnson are the only ones I think would be a toss up fight and Ward if he beats Froch would be a favorite.

*Should be 28-1
Bute Vs. Kessler - Page 2 Box_a_bute1_sw_sq_300
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:42 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:That is not a bad list. On top of that he is *29-0. Dirrell would get murdered by Bute. Froch, and Johnson are the only ones I think would be a toss up fight and Ward if he beats Froch would be a favorite.

*Should be 28-1

Not to be a douche but last year we actually timed the count and he was up before ten even if the count was slow.
Now if the argument is made that the referee should have stopped it, I can see that. He was up before ten though.

That loss shouldn't matter anyway because it was seven fights ago and he knocked Andrade the fuck out in their last fight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Fair enough. But until Bute starts fighting some real comp, he's still unproven at an elite level. Beating the likes of Miranda, Brinkley, Magee, Mendy ect proves little.

Super-Six has shown what happens when the best fight the best. Look at the favorites going into it. Kessler, Abraham, Taylor. Froch and Ward were at the bottom of it. Now they are fighting it out for the Crown.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:07 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Fair enough. But until Bute starts fighting some real comp, he's still unproven at an elite level. Beating the likes of Miranda, Brinkley, Magee, Mendy ect proves little.

Super-Six has shown what happens when the best fight the best. Look at the favorites going into it. Kessler, Abraham, Taylor. Froch and Ward were at the bottom of it. Now they are fighting it out for the Crown.

This I cant disagree with. I just don't think that he gets steamrolled by any of the combatants. I really want to see goes he fairs against Kessler. Looks like the Pavlik fight won't even happen.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:bute is very overrated, ward will dispose of him very very easily froch would too

Please explain further. That is a broad statement. I disagree with you. He's ranked third in the division behind Froch and Ward. He's won his last six fights by KO and only two have gone past four. In all of those fights he was clearly dominating his opponents and came away unscathed. I think he'll be competitive for both men ranked above him and for Kessler ranked below him. Bute has the ability to beat all three and also the possibility to lose to all three. What chink in his armor makes him very overrated and what do Ward and Froch posses that would allow them to easily dominate the third best guy in a division where the top four guys seem to be evenly matched?

For one, he hasn't beaten anyone of note really, yet has all but been handed the winner of the super 6? To me it seems like a bit of a joke that the Super 6 is to see who gets to fight Bute? seems a bit back asswards if you ask me. He is a very good fighter, but ward and froch are leagues above him. I doubt he would even be able to hang with dirrell at this point. I've only seen his last two fights which he won by KO, but i just wasnt impressed. Maybe I'm wrong, but i think most of the super 6 originals handle him.
Hasnt beat anyone? Lets see
He has KO'd
Edison Miranda
Librado Andrade
William Joppy
He also beat Sakio Bika

That is not a bad list. On top of that he is 29-0. Dirrell would get murdered by Bute. Froch, and Johnson are the only ones I think would be a toss up fight and Ward if he beats Froch would be a favorite.
Not only do Ward, Kessler & Froch whip Bute, but Dirrell boxes his ears of to an easy UD. Every fighter you mentioned is no better than a B or C fighter, and you forgot to mention that his last 4 defenses were against the worst possible opponents that could possibly be sanctioned for a title fight. Oh yeah, the Road Warrior crushes him too.
What makes you guys think that Dirrell could beat Bute. Bute has beat better comp than he has. AA is the best fighter he has ever beat and he was DQ'd. Really Bute would kill Dirrell and it wouldnt be close.
The reason I feel that way about Dirrell/Bute, is because I watch the fights, more than once, and I don't go by records. My criteria is level of competition and how well they fight at such a level. Bute has nobody on his resume' except for Andrade, who hasn't beat any "A" fighters ever, not counting his "almost victory" against Bute. OK, Bute beat him soundly in the rematch, but that's his swan song. Dirrell didn't just get a DQ win over AA, he was beating him in every area & scored a knock down as well. Add to that a razor thin road loss to Froch, who is being touted as top 3 168 in the world, and that is a much better resume' than Bute's. We don't even know if Bute can take a serious punch from a top super middle. Until Bute fights one of the top 4 or 5 168 lb fighters, I will not be convinced that he's elite.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:47 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

*Should be 28-1
Yeah and Tyson beat Buster.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Are they still trying to get Kessler to fight Stieglitz? I know Stieglitz had a shot at Bute's trinket but didn't want the fight

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:29 pm

Groundhog wrote:Are they still trying to get Kessler to fight Stieglitz? I know Stieglitz had a shot at Bute's trinket but didn't want the fight
Unless Kessler is hung up on trinkets & wants that WBO belt, he shouldn't even be considering Steiglitz. If Andrade can KO him, I doubt it would be a very good fight. He went to Bute's fight & made a big deal about wanting to fight him, now his story has changed. What a crock.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Kessler sells out and get's big ratings in his home country. He'll fight gas station attendants just like Sturm, and his idiot fanbase will goble it up. Nature of the beast.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:05 am

GrantZilla wrote:

*Should be 28-1

Maybe, but all great fighters lose or struggle at some stage, it comes with the territory when fighting at the highest level.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

*Should be 28-1

Maybe, but all great fighters lose or struggle at some stage, it comes with the territory when fighting at the highest level.
Holy shit!!!! Andrade is the highest level? Dude!?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:54 pm

I agree Bute's competition isn't at the level of the guys who fought in the Super Six - but that's only because THEY FOUGHT IN THE SUPER SIX! Take anyone's resume from before that tournament (Glen Johnson aside) and no one is that far above Bute's competition level.

Bute needs to step it up, sure, but I still think his style and power is a problem for anyone in the division. There are good fights out there for him, they just need to shit or get off the pot.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Panther, he's been a solid top ten guy for awhile.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:07 pm

Ali wrote:Panther, he's been a solid top ten guy for awhile.

He's always been a stepping stone. Fringe Contender at best.

Nobody saying Bute is a bum. But he's still unproven at an elite level. The Kessler fight would have shown us more about Bute, but it's not happening. Typical.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:29 pm

My head tells me he's the best in the division and I'm a Ward guy. I don't think the distinction between fighters is leaps and bounds like people sometimes make it out to be. Is Glen Johnson really that much better than Sakio Bika that we can say Froch had a great win and Bute fought a nobody? Is Abe that much better than Andrade or Green that much better than Mendy? Bute hasn't been taking on cans and he's lived up to the hype. He finishes fights. I have no complaints about who he's faced and I think the issue with the Kessler fight is that Kessler wants a time to prepare.

He causes match up problems for everyone. A very crafty southpaw with speed, power and boxing skill. The only issue I see in him is that he keeps his right too low and might get jabbed up by a good boxer.

The best in the division are him, Ward, Kessler, Froch and Dirrell. I think Bute's the biggest puncher in that group (Direll's a question mark because he fights scared) and the best boxer along with Ward. If he gets Kessler, I want everyone to remember that Kessler beat Froch (I had Froch but it was a close fight regardless).
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:34 am

Kessler waxed him with no problems and Aaron Pryor Jr? C'mon. Andrade is not the guy to hang your hat on. We'll see what happens when Bute fights somebody.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:24 am

flapanther2001 wrote:
Kessler waxed him with no problems and Aaron Pryor Jr? C'mon. Andrade is not the guy to hang your hat on. We'll see what happens when Bute fights somebody.

Andrade lost to Pryor at Light Heavy.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Ali wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Andrade lost to Pryor at Light Heavy.
Have you seen Jr fight?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2