The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch to return in May, wants Bute or Kessler in the summer

2 posters

Go down

Froch to return in May, wants Bute or Kessler in the summer Empty Froch to return in May, wants Bute or Kessler in the summer

Post  Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Former two-time WBC super-middleweight king Carl Froch gave a televised interview with Central Tonight this evening, in which he explained his comeback plans. Last seen losing a wide decision to the excellent Andre Ward in the long awaited “Super Six” grand final, “The Cobra” has had a good rest over Christmas and New Year but is back in the gym now.

Explaining how he feels he has “18 months to two years minimum” left in the sport, 34-year-old Froch appears as hungry as ever. The plan, Froch, 28-2(20) said, is for a May 5th ring return at The Nottingham Arena - “against a top-ten opponent, somebody sensible” - before a big, big fight at The City Stadium in the summer, “with a rematch against Mikkel Kessler or maybe a fight with IBF champion Lucian Bute.”

Froch said he’d love to fight at home twice in a row, and he said he is especially looking forward to fighting IBF 168-pound champ Bute and “putting a thrashing on him at home.”

Promoter Eddie Hearn has been working towards a two-fight deal with Bute, and it remains to be seen if this will come off. But Froch, as he said tonight, has plenty of big names to choose from. The teak-tough boxer/puncher certainly looked to be pushing himself in training in the footage that was shown on the news programme - even if this was his first real day back at work. Training alongside local firemen, Froch had his lungs tested as he wore a mask that restricted his breathing, the fighter pushing his cardio system on the treadmill.

Can “The Cobra” make it back to the top and enjoy a third reign as world champion? I certainly wouldn’t bet against it. Ward aside, I’d have to give Froch a great chance against any super-middleweight out there. It will be interesting to see which “sensible” top-ten ranked foe Froch and his team choose to face on May 5th.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=30499&more=1

Carl deserves to take it easy but I just hope it's not a complete bum in May.

Back to top Go down

Froch to return in May, wants Bute or Kessler in the summer Empty Re: Froch to return in May, wants Bute or Kessler in the summer

Post  gomez1012 Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Froch vs Edison Miranda
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Froch to return in May, wants Bute or Kessler in the summer Empty Re: Froch to return in May, wants Bute or Kessler in the summer

Post  Tobe Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Bute is all wrong for Froch; he's dreaming if he thinks that's a fight where he "puts a thrashing" on anyone. Still a fight I'd like to see though.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:57 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Froch vs Edison Miranda

Not bad, don't think Froch wants to move up yet. I'd love to see Froch vs. Andrade.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down