The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bute Vs. Kessler

+9
BoxingGenius
dbudge
Diego408
Gumby
gomez1012
UBeeg9cats
flapanther2001
SlickMoney
hardcorebee24
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bute Vs. Kessler Empty Bute Vs. Kessler

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:24 pm

This fight needs to happen on the undercard of Froch Vs. Ward. Kessler doesn't have anything scheduled and rumor has it turned down 3 million to fight Bute but I'd much rather see Kessler Bute than Kessler Steiglitz. Winner getting the Super Six champ and the winner of that getting the "Grant" **cough** Ring Belt.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Bute Vs. Kessler Empty Re: Bute Vs. Kessler

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Kessler might've blown his shot as they are trying to make Bute-Pavlik.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:33 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Kessler might've blown his shot as they are trying to make Bute-Pavlik.

Great to see you back...

Pavlik's people want another tune up in Darryl Cunningham first to see if his timing is totally shot like how it looked in his last fight. My thoughts are Pavlik looks like crap again and never gets in the ring with Bute who is looking better every fight, albeit against lesser competition.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:12 pm

Steiglitz for the WBO or Bute for IBF & 3 Million? That's not even a tough choice. Plus, since everybody is crowing about Bute, a win for Kessler puts him right back in the driver's seat.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:45 pm

I highly doubt Kessler turned down 3 mil. Kessler hasn't really backed down from a challenge in his career and Bute does put Kessler as the man to face the Super Six champion. Bute's the man who has faced inferior competition in his career. I think these guys could still fight because both will still be in the hunt after their next fights.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:04 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I highly doubt Kessler turned down 3 mil. Kessler hasn't really backed down from a challenge in his career and Bute does put Kessler as the man to face the Super Six champion. Bute's the man who has faced inferior competition in his career. I think these guys could still fight because both will still be in the hunt after their next fights.
Kessler might actually get a better deal to fight Steiglitz now that I think about it. That German money is pretty big & Steiglitz is much softer than Bute.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:27 am

flapanther2001 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I highly doubt Kessler turned down 3 mil. Kessler hasn't really backed down from a challenge in his career and Bute does put Kessler as the man to face the Super Six champion. Bute's the man who has faced inferior competition in his career. I think these guys could still fight because both will still be in the hunt after their next fights.
Kessler might actually get a better deal to fight Steiglitz now that I think about it. That German money is pretty big & Steiglitz is much softer than Bute.

Sure, but Kessler was already on TV saying he'd go to Montreal and kick Bute's ass when he was commentating on the Bute Magee fight. Kessler needs to step up now or say he's not ready for Bute.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:08 am

Doesn't look like it's happening anymore, both sides can't agree on a price.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:20 am

Bute vs Kessler could never be on the undercard for Ward/Froch. Both Bute and Kessler are bigger draws than Ward or Froch.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:29 pm

I still dont mind what Bute has planned, Pavlik then Ward-Froch winner

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:46 pm

I don't know if I would put it with the Super 6. If anything they should have a consolation fight on the undercard. I agree it should happen though. I wouldn't mind seeing them take apart Pavlik and Steiglitz either though.

On a side note, Lucian Bute is everything I wanted Zab Judah to be.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Canvas wrote:Bute vs Kessler could never be on the undercard for Ward/Froch. Both Bute and Kessler are bigger draws than Ward or Froch.
+1 its should be done in Europe or Canada, both guys can draw. I mean Kessler is still tryna come back from the eye injury. Kessler fighting that BUM they WBO champion is sort of like a tune up because hes nothing compared to th real good Super Middleweights. Bute vs Pavlik is a good one also, Bute should win rather easily. PAvlik is too slow to be competitive. I dont mind them fighting someone else in the mean while. Im sure this fight will happen early next year.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Gumby wrote:I don't know if I would put it with the Super 6. If anything they should have a consolation fight on the undercard. I agree it should happen though. I wouldn't mind seeing them take apart Pavlik and Steiglitz either though.

Even though I don't like Zab, his level of competition is way better than Bute's...way better.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:25 am

flapanther2001 wrote:
Gumby wrote:I don't know if I would put it with the Super 6. If anything they should have a consolation fight on the undercard. I agree it should happen though. I wouldn't mind seeing them take apart Pavlik and Steiglitz either though.

Even though I don't like Zab, his level of competition is way better than Bute's...way better.

what about level of competition that he has actually beaten though??
i think Bute has just been held back by the Super 6. he needs a Kessler fight, if he whoops Pavlik it will be misleading in my opinion because Pavlik is well and truly done now. against a big puncher like Bute, Pavlik will come unstuck because he is way too easy to hit and he punches too flat footed and too slow. Pavlik is an easy fight for Pavlik in my opinion. Showtime need to press for Bute vs Kessler, whether it happens in Denmark or Canada it would generate huge money. when Kessler fights 50% of the Danish population tune in to watch him, that's astronomical. if they don't fight then i think it will go like this. if Ward beats Froch then Bute will get the shot at the winner, if Froch beats Ward then Kessler gets the shot at the winner.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:53 am

Canvas wrote:Bute vs Kessler could never be on the undercard for Ward/Froch. Both Bute and Kessler are bigger draws than Ward or Froch.

Co Feature then. I could see Showtime doing this absolutely. They are all about garnering ratings and have all four guys fighting under their banner. It is more than a possibility.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:01 pm

bute is very overrated, ward will dispose of him very very easily froch would too

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:32 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:bute is very overrated, ward will dispose of him very very easily froch would too

Please explain further. That is a broad statement. I disagree with you. He's ranked third in the division behind Froch and Ward. He's won his last six fights by KO and only two have gone past four. In all of those fights he was clearly dominating his opponents and came away unscathed. I think he'll be competitive for both men ranked above him and for Kessler ranked below him. Bute has the ability to beat all three and also the possibility to lose to all three. What chink in his armor makes him very overrated and what do Ward and Froch posses that would allow them to easily dominate the third best guy in a division where the top four guys seem to be evenly matched?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:bute is very overrated, ward will dispose of him very very easily froch would too

Please explain further. That is a broad statement. I disagree with you. He's ranked third in the division behind Froch and Ward. He's won his last six fights by KO and only two have gone past four. In all of those fights he was clearly dominating his opponents and came away unscathed. I think he'll be competitive for both men ranked above him and for Kessler ranked below him. Bute has the ability to beat all three and also the possibility to lose to all three. What chink in his armor makes him very overrated and what do Ward and Froch posses that would allow them to easily dominate the third best guy in a division where the top four guys seem to be evenly matched?
I think Froch vs Bute would be a fight of the year candidate. Ward is kinda boring lately. I hope Froch wins so we can see that matchup but I bet Ward wins.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:59 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:

Co Feature then. I could see Showtime doing this absolutely. They are all about garnering ratings and have all four guys fighting under their banner. It is more than a possibility.

I think a split site would be the only way this would happen. This would allow the Kessler-Bute to be in Canada and they would also get foreign tv money.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:04 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

I think Froch vs Bute would be a fight of the year candidate. Ward is kinda boring lately. I hope Froch wins so we can see that matchup but I bet Ward wins.

I think that Froch is mentally strong and savvy enough to make beating him hellish. I think Ward has won his big fights with 70% skill and 30% mental edge. I think that Froch can deter that mental edge. Ward will have to rely on skill, which he has a lot of, to beat a veteran like Froch. Ward's mental edge comes from a no frills attitude outside the ring. We won't see Ward making a mockery of a press conference or denigrating his opponent, he has a true belief that he can beat who ever is put in front of him and I think that Froch has the same mentality. This mentality is what I think makes their opponents uneasy. There is no posturing with either man. Both men are extremely confident in both their preparation and fight night game plan. This (I hope) will be can't lose formula for both us as fans and the fighters alike. Both men, win or lose will find fans, and respect after this bout. Bute or Kessler will more than likely get the winner and loser of this fight. If Bute and Kessler don't fight I think that Bute should get the winner and Kessler the loser.

This is all wishful thinking on my part.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:06 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

I think a split site would be the only way this would happen. This would allow the Kessler-Bute to be in Canada and they would also get foreign tv money.

This would be great for boxing if Showtime could pull this off. Both men seem to want the fight they just can't agree on money and venue. Kessler however was the guy that said he would come to Canada and fight Bute.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:25 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:

For one, he hasn't beaten anyone of note really, yet has all but been handed the winner of the super 6? To me it seems like a bit of a joke that the Super 6 is to see who gets to fight Bute? seems a bit back asswards if you ask me. He is a very good fighter, but ward and froch are leagues above him. I doubt he would even be able to hang with dirrell at this point. I've only seen his last two fights which he won by KO, but i just wasnt impressed. Maybe I'm wrong, but i think most of the super 6 originals handle him.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:13 am

BoxingGenius wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

For one, he hasn't beaten anyone of note really, yet has all but been handed the winner of the super 6? To me it seems like a bit of a joke that the Super 6 is to see who gets to fight Bute? seems a bit back asswards if you ask me. He is a very good fighter, but ward and froch are leagues above him. I doubt he would even be able to hang with dirrell at this point. I've only seen his last two fights which he won by KO, but i just wasnt impressed. Maybe I'm wrong, but i think most of the super 6 originals handle him.
Hasnt beat anyone? Lets see
He has KO'd
Edison Miranda
Librado Andrade
William Joppy
He also beat Sakio Bika

That is not a bad list. On top of that he is 29-0. Dirrell would get murdered by Bute. Froch, and Johnson are the only ones I think would be a toss up fight and Ward if he beats Froch would be a favorite.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

He has KO'd
Edison Miranda
Librado Andrade
William Joppy
He also beat Sakio Bika

That is not a bad list. On top of that he is 29-0. Dirrell would get murdered by Bute. Froch, and Johnson are the only ones I think would be a toss up fight and Ward if he beats Froch would be a favorite.
Not only do Ward, Kessler & Froch whip Bute, but Dirrell boxes his ears of to an easy UD. Every fighter you mentioned is no better than a B or C fighter, and you forgot to mention that his last 4 defenses were against the worst possible opponents that could possibly be sanctioned for a title fight. Oh yeah, the Road Warrior crushes him too.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

He has KO'd
Edison Miranda
Librado Andrade
William Joppy
He also beat Sakio Bika

its not a bad list, but its also not a good one. He KO'd a bunch of journeymen b-class fighters, doesnt warrant a top 3 ranking IMO but he is undefeated at this point so i cant argue that too much. However, at this point i would have ward, froch, kessler, johnson, and dirrell beating him. Even AA would give him a good fight i think, i mean heck his only 3 losses are to 3 of the top fighters in the division, who would all also have beaten bute.

Last edited by BoxingGenius on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next