The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pavlik verses Bute/ or Kessler in October?

+5
captainanddew
dbudge
Tobe
powerpuncher
GrantZilla
9 posters

Go down

Pavlik verses Bute/ or Kessler in October? Empty Pavlik verses Bute/ or Kessler in October?

Post  GrantZilla Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:11 am

That's who Arum is looking to match him with

http://tinyurl.com/c2m9nq3
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pavlik verses Bute/ or Kessler in October? Empty Re: Pavlik verses Bute/ or Kessler in October?

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:28 am

i think that it would be a great fight for bute. he gets to fight a named fighter that is past his best and he should beat pretty easily. that might make the froch fight a little bigger then. i wouldnt do kessler because im sure kessler would easily beat him.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Pavlik verses Bute/ or Kessler in October? Empty Re: Pavlik verses Bute/ or Kessler in October?

Post  Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:38 am

The best scenario would be to have Bute vs. Pavlik and Froch vs. Kessler II as a Showtime or HBO double.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Ali wrote:The best scenario would be to have Bute vs. Pavlik and Froch vs. Kessler II as a Showtime or HBO double.

^^^ Wow, the "All Whiteboy" card. Wouldn't that be something Laughing
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Ali wrote:The best scenario would be to have Bute vs. Pavlik and Froch vs. Kessler II as a Showtime or HBO double.

This just won't happen. Neither network will cough up enough $$$ to make this card

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:44 pm

dbudge wrote:

This just won't happen. Neither network will cough up enough $$$ to make this card

Those fights don't need to rely on American tv money, they aren't Gary Shaw or Dan Goosen fighters.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Ali wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Those fights don't need to rely on American tv money, they aren't Gary Shaw or Dan Goosen fighters.

Kessler will want at least £2million for a rematch with froch. The fight will have to happen either in. Denmark or the UK and neither major us tv network will be interested in that arrangement. Between froch, Kessler, bute and Pavlik there will have to be about $10million available to cover the fighter's purses. Then you have all the other politics to sort out and a location. I just think its a highly unlikely scenario

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 pm

bute is not going to face Pavlik. Arum can say it all he wants. It will not happen. Bute is going to face a softer opponent than Pavlik to try to get his confidence back.

As for Kessler, I think that has a decent chance of happening if Froch's team decides to put off Kessler till next Summer (which boxingscene did report Hearn as saying was possible; Hearn was reported as saying fight in fall, bute in spring, and then kessler in summer in an outdoor stadium in the UK).

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Bute will fight softer than Pavlik, even though I think Bute beats Pavlik. Froch has the right to fight whomever he wants right now.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:57 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Bute will fight softer than Pavlik, even though I think Bute beats Pavlik. Froch has the right to fight whomever he wants right now.

boxingscene isn't the most reliable of sources. But if the story was a good one, then I could see Froch having a hometown defense in the fall. Put seats in Nottingham and earn him another payday. Then he goes to Canada to fight Bute, and if he wins that, the big return match against Kessler in the summer (assuming Kessler doesn't lose between now and then).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:17 pm

captainanddew wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Bute will fight softer than Pavlik, even though I think Bute beats Pavlik. Froch has the right to fight whomever he wants right now.

boxingscene isn't the most reliable of sources. But if the story was a good one, then I could see Froch having a hometown defense in the fall. Put seats in Nottingham and earn him another payday. Then he goes to Canada to fight Bute, and if he wins that, the big return match against Kessler in the summer (assuming Kessler doesn't lose between now and then).
Froch will draw in Nottingham against almost anybody, so I agree, he should take the easy payday, then blitz Bute again. Kessler can wait, but it will be another war.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:50 pm

I hope Pavlik gets neither guy and never gets another payday type fight again. Personally I hope he never fights again. He is a douche.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hillsicc303 Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:58 pm

I hope Pavlik gets neither guy and never gets another payday type fight again. Personally I hope he never fights again. He is a douche.

Come on now, we should at least get the pleasure of seeing him get beat down one more time before he calls it quits(which is soon).

He's done as a top fighter. He knows it, Garcia knows it, and Arum knows it. If the fight happens with either Bute or Kessler, it's a cash out, nothing more nothing less.

If anybody thinks that the Pavlik we've seen in his last few fights has any sort of chance with the top 168ers, they're smoking some intergalactic shit...

hillsicc303

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:30 am

i never minded pavlik. its just a shame that the better part of his career was cut short to his own demons. he wasnt the greatest fighter ever but he was a solid fighter and made some exciting fights. if he didnt ruin himself, he would have made a great addition to the 168 pound division.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 am

powerpuncher wrote:i never minded pavlik. its just a shame that the better part of his career was cut short to his own demons. he wasnt the greatest fighter ever but he was a solid fighter and made some exciting fights. if he didnt ruin himself, he would have made a great addition to the 168 pound division.
...i agree.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 am

dmar5143 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i never minded pavlik. its just a shame that the better part of his career was cut short to his own demons. he wasnt the greatest fighter ever but he was a solid fighter and made some exciting fights. if he didnt ruin himself, he would have made a great addition to the 168 pound division.
...i agree.
we are back to agreeing Very Happy
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:38 am

dbudge wrote:
Ali wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Kessler will want at least £2million for a rematch with froch. The fight will have to happen either in. Denmark or the UK and neither major us tv network will be interested in that arrangement. Between froch, Kessler, bute and Pavlik there will have to be about $10million available to cover the fighter's purses. Then you have all the other politics to sort out and a location. I just think its a highly unlikely scenario

Pavlik vs. Bute in Montreal
Froch vs. Kessler II in Nottingham on tape delay

Sky Sports, Canadian/Danish/German tv rights and gate reciepts alone fund these bouts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down