The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Football!

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

College Football! - Page 2 Empty Re: College Football!

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 pm

OK Tobe I am starting the friendly shit talking. I am calling for a 3 touchdown victory on Saturday. I think Notre Dame cant score with OU. The Irish's passing game is terrible and our defense should be able to shut down the running game because of that.

I say OU wins 35-14.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:40 am

oregon needs to make the NC game if they win out because they are so dominant. i dont care what anybody says, PAC 12 is a super deep conference this year. its probably the deepest in the country (yes, that includes the highly overrated SEC). arizona state was supposed to have a top defense in the country and oregon destroyed them. they always kicked arizona out of the rankings by manhandling them too. im just hoping that notre dame and kansas state lose so that oregon can get into the NC game and beat the SEC finally.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 am

Soonermark890 wrote:OK Tobe I am starting the friendly shit talking. I am calling for a 3 touchdown victory on Saturday. I think Notre Dame cant score with OU. The Irish's passing game is terrible and our defense should be able to shut down the running game because of that.

I say OU wins 35-14.

Alright Sooner, bring it on! Can't wait for this one, Gameday will be there; should be a good one.

Here's how I see it (or at least hope to see it): The ND offense hasn't put it all together yet, but they're starting to understand who they are and what they need to do to win. The Irish front 7 will stuff the run and be in Landry's face all day, forcing mistakes and turnovers. Then the offense will grind it out on the ground, work the clock, get a couple of big plays from a healthy and rested Golson back at QB and come out of Norman with a W!

Irish 21-17. Very Happy
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 am

theres no doubt im rooting for tobe to be right.maybe for the 21-17 score to be a reality the irish have to stop the sooners all day long.without the aide of several turnovers i just dont see that.im thinking sooners thoughts are correct but the score could be even wider if they get a 14 point lead early forcing nd to put the ball in the air with a qb i have little confidence in.to beat oklahoma at home i think notre dame has to play almost flawless football in all areas.they have to score when they get opportunities.
oklahoma plays in a conference that dont sit on a lead and there not bashfull at all in pilling on the points.thats a fear i have and so should the irish.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 am

dmar5143 wrote:theres no doubt im rooting for tobe to be right.maybe for the 21-17 score to be a reality the irish have to stop the sooners all day long.without the aide of several turnovers i just dont see that.im thinking sooners thoughts are correct but the score could be even wider if they get a 14 point lead early forcing nd to put the ball in the air with a qb i have little confidence in.to beat oklahoma at home i think notre dame has to play almost flawless football in all areas.they have to score when they get opportunities.
oklahoma plays in a conference that dont sit on a lead and there not bashfull at all in pilling on the points.thats a fear i have and so should the irish.

Notre Dame doesn't have the firepower to win a shootout, that's for sure. The more points on the board the less chance they win. If they can keep it close and ugly, they can find a way to pull it out, IMO. But no question it could get out of hand if OU puts up some early scores.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Tobe wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:OK Tobe I am starting the friendly shit talking. I am calling for a 3 touchdown victory on Saturday. I think Notre Dame cant score with OU. The Irish's passing game is terrible and our defense should be able to shut down the running game because of that.

I say OU wins 35-14.

Alright Sooner, bring it on! Can't wait for this one, Gameday will be there; should be a good one.

Here's how I see it (or at least hope to see it): The ND offense hasn't put it all together yet, but they're starting to understand who they are and what they need to do to win. The Irish front 7 will stuff the run and be in Landry's face all day, forcing mistakes and turnovers. Then the offense will grind it out on the ground, work the clock, get a couple of big plays from a healthy and rested Golson back at QB and come out of Norman with a W!

Irish 21-17. Very Happy
Shit depending on which Landry shows up you might not have to force him to make mistakes. LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Tobe wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:theres no doubt im rooting for tobe to be right.maybe for the 21-17 score to be a reality the irish have to stop the sooners all day long.without the aide of several turnovers i just dont see that.im thinking sooners thoughts are correct but the score could be even wider if they get a 14 point lead early forcing nd to put the ball in the air with a qb i have little confidence in.to beat oklahoma at home i think notre dame has to play almost flawless football in all areas.they have to score when they get opportunities.

Notre Dame doesn't have the firepower to win a shootout, that's for sure. The more points on the board the less chance they win. If they can keep it close and ugly, they can find a way to pull it out, IMO. But no question it could get out of hand if OU puts up some early scores.
What people dont realize about OU is if you can shut down the run and the screen plays you can shut down OU. Landry really can not make play after play down field. He has happy feet and he does not step up in the pocket well. On top of that he rarely checks to the second or third progression. If you shut down our run game most of the time Landry will not hurt you that bad. It doesnt mean we wont score but if you can pull a Kansas state and make Landry throw long you can beat OU.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:56 pm

What the Irish do best is stop the run. They haven't given up a rushing TD all year. They've shut down some solid running teams and of anything they do stopping screens and runs is what I have the most confidence in them. Where ND is weakest is against the vertical pass game. But they can run the ball and stop the run; which has for a long time been the formula for winning football.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 pm

One more day tobe until our sooners roll the Irish.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:One more day tobe until our sooners roll the Irish.

Should be fun Sooner! I've got faith in my guys; but if I'm honest the betting line is probably about right. Here's hoping that the luck o' the Irish kicks in!
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Tobe wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:One more day tobe until our sooners roll the Irish.

Should be fun Sooner! I've got faith in my guys; but if I'm honest the betting line is probably about right. Here's hoping that the luck o' the Irish kicks in!
I haven't been this excited going into a game in a long time. Also my cross country team has state cross country meet tomorrow as well. Its at 245. I am going to have a fun day.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Right where we want em at the half Sooner! My boy Golson is just warming up; and BTW our D is for real Very Happy
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Tobe wrote:Right where we want em at the half Sooner! My boy Golson is just warming up; and BTW our D is for real Very Happy
It should be tied. BTW I made a thread for us LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:58 am

im so mad that usc and osu lost today. those were 2 top 10 teams in the pac 12 that oregon was going to be playing. now they are going to be ranked a lot lower when they play them. oregon should easily beat usc next week though. they also still play stanford who is ranked. so they have some tough games ahead but just wont be as respected as they would have been. and the teams that beat usc and osu (arizona and washington), oregon totally dominated. too bad this isnt the SEC, otherwise those 2 teams would automatically be ranked in the top 10 because they get whatever they want.

i really want K-state to lose because they have a good possibility to going to the NC game over oregon. i dont want that to happen because i really feel that this is the best oregon team ever and have a great chance at winning the title this year.

alabama could possibly lose to lsu. lsu isnt that great this year but are good enough that maybe they can have a great game and win it.

sorry tobe but im going to say that notre dame isnt that great. they are a very good team but arent in the same league as the other 3 undefeated teams. michigan and michigan state were vastly overrated at the beginning of the season and neither are even ranked now. BYU almost beat them at notre dame. stanford was a really close game (which stanford was gipped out of IMO). oklahoma was a good win. i will say that they have a great D though. their offense just isnt good enough to compete. for example, you play alabama, you may score a field goal or two but they will score at least 30. oregon and K-state would be the same. but i still think that they will lose to usc so it wont matter.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:36 pm

The Irish will smoke USC. Thier O line is crap; our front seven will be in the backfield all day. After that win in Norman I think ND easily runs the table. If they get to the Championship game is kinda out of their hands now.

But, like I said in the other thread there is just something about this team. Lou Holtz called them the team of destiny; and I'm starting to believe that. I think they find a way to win against whoever they play at the end. I agree they aren't a complete team and objectively aren't "great"; but they are special. They've got that extra something. I think they're meant to win it all this year Very Happy
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Well tobe you must be happy right now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:52 am

Tobe wrote:The Irish will smoke USC. Thier O line is crap; our front seven will be in the backfield all day. After that win in Norman I think ND easily runs the table. If they get to the Championship game is kinda out of their hands now.

But, like I said in the other thread there is just something about this team. Lou Holtz called them the team of destiny; and I'm starting to believe that. I think they find a way to win against whoever they play at the end. I agree they aren't a complete team and objectively aren't "great"; but they are special. They've got that extra something. I think they're meant to win it all this year Very Happy
if they are one of two undefeated teams then they will go to the NC game, but if oregon or k-state is still undefeated, i cant see notre dame going.

and about the usc game. im not saying that for sure usc wins, but usc's offense is definitely better than OU's. they will be able to put points on the board no matter what. the way that the irish win that game is if they can put up a lot of points which isnt out of the question since usc's defense is very questionable.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2