The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Football!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

College Football! Empty College Football!

Post  powerpuncher Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 am

im surprised that nobody has written anything about it since it started this weekend. it has been good. its so nice to be able to watch it again. im bored at work so ill give a few random thoughts on it.

BYU beat washington state pretty easily. i know pretty much nobody cares but they are my team so im writing it. im guessing that BYU will be ranked during the season. they will have a pretty good year.

watching oregon play arkansas st. was like watching a high school team vs a middle school team. 50 points at halftime. thats ridiculous. deanthony thomas is lightning fast. last year he had a touchdown on an average of 1 out of every 8 touches. thats insane. mariota, their fresham quarterback looks really good. he can actually throw the ball which is what oregon has been missing for the past few years. they need a good passing game to open up their running game even more.

michigan is over ranked AGAIN! denard robinson is terrible. the only thing he has going for him is that he is super fast. other than that, he is no good. he is a QB but doesnt know how to throw the ball. i know that bama is good but if michigan was half as good as they were supposed to be then they would have at least made the game competitive. bama would have won the game 50-0 at least if they wouldnt have stopped playing after halftime.

i feel bad for boise state. were very good a few years ago and have gotten a little worse every year. i know that they were always a controversy but i feel bad for them because i know that they were very good but that era is over. now they will just have to settle for being a pretty good team. kellen moore would have made sure they beat michigan state at the end of that game. instead, boise state couldnt score.

thats all. anybody else can post their thoughts too.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

College Football! Empty Re: College Football!

Post  dmar5143 Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:21 am

good thoughts.i agree again michigan gets ranked well above reality.oklahoma state had a battle on there hands for about 3 minutes.35-0 after the first and 49-0 at half..whats a coach say to his team.common guys you can do it.keep them under 100 points for a moral victory..im proud of the fight you showed in the second quarter..state wins 84-0 trying to keep the score down.70-0 after 3..bill belicheck would of went for 105-0 or 101-0.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:12 am

OU looked like shit. I know the national media praises Landry Jones all the time but almost all OU fans cant stand him. He really is a dumbass. He always stares down his receivers he doesn't know how to step up in the pocket when getting pressure and he holds on to the ball too fucking long. The guy never never checks his RB as an outlet when his receivers are covered.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:27 pm

Some interesting first week games for sure. I was happy with how my Irish looked stomping on Navy in Dublin. Cool to see them play there; when I lived in Dublin back in 96 they played Navy at the old Croak Park; but that new stadium is sweet!

Running game looked strong behind that O line, even without our starting back we still ran for 7 TDs. Front 7 on D is going to the strength of the team this year: they looked solid. That secondary scares the shit out of my though. Both corners are first year guys with no experience, and we've gotta play some good passing teams this season (USC, Oklahoma, BYU, etc.).

Good to get the first one out the way. Tis the season for optimism! Very Happy
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:01 am

Tobe wrote:Some interesting first week games for sure. I was happy with how my Irish looked stomping on Navy in Dublin. Cool to see them play there; when I lived in Dublin back in 96 they played Navy at the old Croak Park; but that new stadium is sweet!

Running game looked strong behind that O line, even without our starting back we still ran for 7 TDs. Front 7 on D is going to the strength of the team this year: they looked solid. That secondary scares the shit out of my though. Both corners are first year guys with no experience, and we've gotta play some good passing teams this season (USC, Oklahoma, BYU, etc.).

Good to get the first one out the way. Tis the season for optimism! Very Happy
we are going to have to be enemies when you play BYU Evil or Very Mad
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:03 am

Soonermark890 wrote:OU looked like shit. I know the national media praises Landry Jones all the time but almost all OU fans cant stand him. He really is a dumbass. He always stares down his receivers he doesn't know how to step up in the pocket when getting pressure and he holds on to the ball too fucking long. The guy never never checks his RB as an outlet when his receivers are covered.
landry jones seems so inconsistent to me. you definitely know better than me since he is the qb for your team but one game he seems like he is great, and the next, he looks terrible. i think that he will fail to lift oklahoma to a great season yet AGAIN. i just dont get all the hype about this guy.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:51 am

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:OU looked like shit. I know the national media praises Landry Jones all the time but almost all OU fans cant stand him. He really is a dumbass. He always stares down his receivers he doesn't know how to step up in the pocket when getting pressure and he holds on to the ball too fucking long. The guy never never checks his RB as an outlet when his receivers are covered.
landry jones seems so inconsistent to me. you definitely know better than me since he is the qb for your team but one game he seems like he is great, and the next, he looks terrible. i think that he will fail to lift oklahoma to a great season yet AGAIN. i just dont get all the hype about this guy.
Thats exactly how every OU fan feels. The guy has been blessed with the best WR in the country his entire career. Ryan Broyles made him look good for a long time. Now he has Brown and Stills. A great QB would lead us to a National Title with those receivers.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 am

powerpuncher wrote:we are going to have to be enemies when you play BYU Evil or Very Mad

LOL. Fair enough. BYU is a team Notre Dame should beat, but they are solid this year especially on offense.

Between you and Sooner I'm gonna be getting a hard time on here this season. Can't see ND getting a win in Norman; if anyone is gonna make Landry Jones look good it's the Irish secondary. But you never know, if UTEP can put a scare into them you've gotta think there's a chance.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:22 am

Tobe wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:we are going to have to be enemies when you play BYU Evil or Very Mad

LOL. Fair enough. BYU is a team Notre Dame should beat, but they are solid this year especially on offense.

Between you and Sooner I'm gonna be getting a hard time on here this season. Can't see ND getting a win in Norman; if anyone is gonna make Landry Jones look good it's the Irish secondary. But you never know, if UTEP can put a scare into them you've gotta think there's a chance.
No one wins in Norman. That place is crazy hard to handle. For some reason we suck balls on the road. I cant stand that about Landry. You get him away from Norman and the guy falls apart.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Wow. My Irish are 4-0! And Oklahoma just got beat by KSU. I'm loving this season Very Happy
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:41 am

Tobe wrote:Wow. My Irish are 4-0! And Oklahoma just got beat by KSU. I'm loving this season Very Happy
notre dame is impressing me this season. i was not expecting that. byu is doing terrible so im assuming you guys should beat us pretty easily in a few weeks.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:47 am

lets look at the brightside though, oregon is my #2 team and they just shut out arizona. they should definitely be ranked #2 tomorrow since lsu struggled with a not very good auburn team.

and sorry sooner, oklahoma is always ranked too high.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:33 pm

powerpuncher wrote:lets look at the brightside though, oregon is my #2 team and they just shut out arizona. they should definitely be ranked #2 tomorrow since lsu struggled with a not very good auburn team.

and sorry sooner, oklahoma is always ranked too high.
Everyone around here knew that this year. We just thought it would be an away game that got us. Besides we cant be good with Landry.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:14 pm

DAMN OU beat the shit out of Texass.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:22 pm

Irish take out Stanford on a goal line stand in OT! Holy shit what a game Very Happy

6-0 and #2 in the BCS standings. Wake up the echoes; Notre dame is back!
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Tobe wrote:Irish take out Stanford on a goal line stand in OT! Holy shit what a game Very Happy

We will see just how good the Irish are in a couple of weeks. Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:29 am

Tobe wrote:Irish take out Stanford on a goal line stand in OT! Holy shit what a game Very Happy

it was a very questionable call at the end. when i saw the play at the end live, i thought that he passed the goal line. after the replays, i thought that the evidence was definitely good enough to overturn the decision. oh well. notre dame is playing BYU next. get ready!
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 am

Soonermark890 wrote:

Hardest game on the schedule going into Norman for sure. ND needs to get the offense figured out ASAP if we're going to win that one. Need better QB play out of Golson; he's got great potential but should be progressing faster than I've seen if he is something special. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rees get in the game against OU.

BYU is a good solid team as well, but I like the Irish in another low scoring game next week in South Bend.

Still, this is the best Irish team I've seen since the 80s, so forgive me if I revel a little bit right now Very Happy
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Tobe wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Hardest game on the schedule going into Norman for sure. ND needs to get the offense figured out ASAP if we're going to win that one. Need better QB play out of Golson; he's got great potential but should be progressing faster than I've seen if he is something special. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rees get in the game against OU.

BYU is a good solid team as well, but I like the Irish in another low scoring game next week in South Bend.

Still, this is the best Irish team I've seen since the 80s, so forgive me if I revel a little bit right now Very Happy
I just hope the Irish are undefeated when they come to Norman that way if we beat ND it will boost us past a few of the 1 loss teams. If Landry shows up to play I am not sure ND can beat us but hell thats a big IF when we are talking about Landry Jones.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:38 pm

My Irish nearly gave that one way to BYU; serious trap game and they came out flat and made a ton of mistakes. Still, ND is 7-0 going into Norman. Should be a hell of a game next saturday night! Very Happy
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:39 am

Tobe wrote:My Irish nearly gave that one way to BYU; serious trap game and they came out flat and made a ton of mistakes. Still, ND is 7-0 going into Norman. Should be a hell of a game next saturday night! Very Happy
i was so mad! but i knew that our QB couldnt keep up with it the whole game. he is terrible. we have some serious threats at WR and he cant throw the ball. that play in the 4th quarter where hoffman was wide open and would have made a TD if the ball was just thrown to him made me furious. we would have been ahead. oh well. it was a good game either way.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:39 am

i know its still not the end of the season, but who makes it to the NC game if bama, oregon, ND, and kansas st. all go undefeated?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:02 am

powerpuncher wrote:i know its still not the end of the season, but who makes it to the NC game if bama, oregon, ND, and kansas st. all go undefeated?

If the Irish go undefeated (a really big IF considering it means beating OU and USC on the road) the computers will push them in based on strength of schedule. That, and people know having ND in that game means huge ratings and big $; which is a plus too. Like the Yankees and others, half the people will tune in to root for them and half to hope they lose; but that's still a lot of people tuning in Smile
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:41 am

tobe ive been a notre dame fan ever since johnny lattner was the heisman QB for them.lol johnny who.i also root for florida and penn state.the irish like you say like the yankees have tons of fans nation wide.and a tradition also.for years in the past there schudle was the hardest or in the top 3.in the past decade they have beaten teams that they had no business in beating then turn around and lose to someone they should of beat.
i cant see them going to oklahoma or southern cal and wining both games.if the sooners have a complete meltdown yes.in one of thoses games i can see a 21 or more point loss.i hope not but counting a bowl game against a good team overall i see the irish having 2 or 3 losses and thats a very good season.
now if they have a miracle left use it this year.go unbeaten and they will win it all.the luck of the irish and then some.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:15 am

Tobe wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i know its still not the end of the season, but who makes it to the NC game if bama, oregon, ND, and kansas st. all go undefeated?

If the Irish go undefeated (a really big IF considering it means beating OU and USC on the road) the computers will push them in based on strength of schedule. That, and people know having ND in that game means huge ratings and big $; which is a plus too. Like the Yankees and others, half the people will tune in to root for them and half to hope they lose; but that's still a lot of people tuning in Smile
I doubt they can jump Kansas State. Kansas State wins the Big 12 that means they also beat ou on the road. Plus they rolled West Virginia. And that means they would have beat Texas Tech, Texas, and OSU
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next