The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Bowl Game schedule

4 posters

Go down

College Bowl Game schedule Empty College Bowl Game schedule

Post  Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Some games of Interest:

ALLSTATE BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME Jan. 9, 2012 » Alabama vs. LSU
(Grant will be bitchin' about this one for years Wink )

TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL Jan. 2, 2012 » Stanford vs. Oklahoma St

ROSE BOWL GAME Jan. 2, 2012 » Wisconsin vs. Oregon

CHAMPS SPORTS BOWL Dec. 29, 2011 » Florida St vs. Notre Dame

Let's hope the Irish start the new year on a losing note. Razz

Full schedule:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls

Back to top Go down

College Bowl Game schedule Empty Re: College Bowl Game schedule

Post  Tobe Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Cheap shot Ring Mad And last I checked the New Year started in January Razz

Honestly though, seeing how poorly they played against Stanford and the fact that Kelly is insisting on starting Reece again when clearly he's too limited to run that offence I'm not overly confident that they win that game; even though they should.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Tobe wrote:Cheap shot Ring Mad And last I checked the New Year started in January Razz

Honestly though, seeing how poorly they played against Stanford and the fact that Kelly is insisting on starting Reece again when clearly he's too limited to run that offence I'm not overly confident that they win that game; even though they should.

Sorry Tobe, even though I could be considered an "Irish American", i've been a Notre Dame hater for 40 + years, old habits die hard, it's like a dog seeing a cat. Razz

I gotta admit that no matter what happens in the Fla St. game on Dec. 29th, Kelly has done a great job of turning that program around. (much to my chagrin Evil or Very Mad )

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:04 pm

I supported the BCS because I foolishly thought it did make the regular season more exciting. But more and more the corruption that goes on with the BCS and the Bowl games disprove that.

Bama going to the title game goes against everything the BCS and its supporters beat their drum about. Alreadying losing to LSU, not winning their division or their conference, but still can play for the national championship.

If anything, maybe this finaly give us a college playoff like system.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:47 pm

I've never had an issue with the BCS. Outisde of when USC and LSU split the title, I've never thought the 2 best teams weren't in the championship. And the other bowl games are usually fun. With conference realignments next year, we should wait and see how it looks because more teams are going to have to face top competition on a consistent basis.

What should have been done from the start is for teams to schedule tough non-conference games. Boise State learned that lesson the hard way and probably would've gone to the championship if they won out because they beat Georgia early. The only Big 12 schools who schedule for championships are Texas and Oklahoma. In the Pac 12 it's USC and Oregon. In the ACC it's Va. Tech, Florida State, and Miami. In the Big 10 and SEC teams don't have to worry about that as much because there's been more depth in those conferences.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:41 pm

BCS is terrible, its NEVER made sense
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content