The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather Canelo Signed for Sept 14

+7
captainanddew
Soonermark890
dmar5143
powerpuncher
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
BoxingGenius
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mayweather Canelo Signed for Sept 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather Canelo Signed for Sept 14

Post  Frank Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:35 am

I don't think it matters what weight they fight at. As Sooner stated earlier, Floyd easily outboxes Canelo at any weight.

Floyd is too much of a defensive whiz to get defeated by power alone. To beat him, you must have speed, power and be able to outhustle him by getting past his defense in order to beat him to the punch. Also, this fighter must aim higher on the head. With Floyd, you don't go for the chin in the beginning. It's just not there.

Canelo is just too slow. He may have a moment or two, but this is just another MW fight disguised as something else.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Canelo Signed for Sept 14 - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather Canelo Signed for Sept 14

Post  BoxingGenius Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:51 am

Frank wrote:I don't think it matters what weight they fight at. As Sooner stated earlier, Floyd easily outboxes Canelo at any weight.

Floyd is too much of a defensive whiz to get defeated by power alone. To beat him, you must have speed, power and be able to outhustle him by getting past his defense in order to beat him to the punch.  Also, this fighter must aim higher on the head. With Floyd, you don't go for the chin in the beginning. It's just not there.

Canelo is just too slow. He may have a moment or two, but this is just another MW fight disguised as something else.

the thing that intrigues me is canelos power though. mosley had floyd on queer street, and i think canelo is a bigger puncher than shane, probably has a bit quicker hands than the version of shane floyd fought. floyd should box circles around the cement footed canelo, but canelo does have the power to change the fight with 1 punch. if he sneaks 1 in flush on floyd (much easier said than done) hes going to hurt him. he gave trout jelly legs and trouts naturally quite a bit bigger and stronger than floyd. also canelo is a pretty good combination body puncher, if floyd sits back on the ropes like he likes to do at times, canelo will tee off he may only land 1 out of every 5 shots but if he makes it count, it could slow the 36 year old floyd down as the fight goes on. the kid can crack, hes not the greatest or most well rounded fighter out there, but id give him as good a chance as anyone from 140-154 right now against floyd. he doesnt win on the cards, but if he KO'd floyd, i dont think it would be the most shocking thing in the world either. to put it into perspective, id be more shocked by the JMM KO of manny than if canelo KO'd floyd

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:38 am

i do think that canelo can hurt floyd if he lands a big punch, but thats a big if. floyd has fought many fighters that COULD do the same thing but werent able to land the clean shots. it seems like everyone always brings up the time when mosley hurt floyd. the few times floyd has gotten caught and hurt in fights were against chop chop, judah, and mosley. they are all quick fighters. even that version of mosley was a lot quicker than canelo. its not even close.

i do think that canelo could pull it off maybe because he is naturally so much bigger and anybody can get caught, but i definitely wouldnt bet on that happening.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:53 am

powerpuncher wrote:i do think that canelo can hurt floyd if he lands a big punch, but thats a big if. floyd has fought many fighters that COULD do the same thing but werent able to land the clean shots. it seems like everyone always brings up the time when mosley hurt floyd. the few times floyd has gotten caught and hurt in fights were against chop chop, judah, and mosley. they are all quick fighters. even that version of mosley was a lot quicker than canelo. its not even close.

i do think that canelo could pull it off maybe because he is naturally so much bigger and anybody can get caught, but i definitely wouldnt bet on that happening.

well i do think canelo is probably the biggest puncher floyds faced. im not sure if mosley was a lot quicker than canelo at that time, when canelo fought shane (albeit a few fights later) he beat shane to the punch all night long, canelo was definitely quicker than shane when they fought so unless shane lost a lot of speed from the floyd fight to the canelo fight, id say canelo is at least on par with the shane floyd fought in the speed department, and a bit higher in the power department. i know it gets said a lot, but if canelo hurts floyd like shane did, he puts him out, and i truly believe that. this fight interests me a lot because floyd could be up 10-0 on the cards, and canelo could change the fight with 1 shot similar to chavez jr vs martinez.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2