The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather after dark: "I agreed to everything...I signed my end of the bargain

+4
powerpuncher
flapanther2001
gomez1012
freakzilla
8 posters

Go down

Mayweather after dark: "I agreed to everything...I signed my end of the bargain Empty Mayweather after dark: "I agreed to everything...I signed my end of the bargain

Post  freakzilla Wed May 11, 2011 10:19 am

freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Mayweather after dark: "I agreed to everything...I signed my end of the bargain Empty Re: Mayweather after dark: "I agreed to everything...I signed my end of the bargain

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Mayweather after dark: "I agreed to everything...I signed my end of the bargain Empty Re: Mayweather after dark: "I agreed to everything...I signed my end of the bargain

Post  flapanther2001 Wed May 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Yeah, he signed his end. The end that demanded shit that nobody would acquiesce to...LOL
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:02 pm

All roads lead to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed May 11, 2011 5:46 pm

it wasnt his best interview. usually they are funnier.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Of course Gayweather pulls out the race card on why he isn't liked
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed May 11, 2011 7:37 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Yeah, he signed his end. The end that demanded shit that nobody would acquiesce to...LOL
Nobody? Really? Most people would do drug testing for a raise.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 11, 2011 7:57 pm

[e="Gumby"]
flapanther2001 wrote:Yeah, he signed his end. The end that demanded shit that nobody would acquiesce to...LOL
Nobody? Really? Most people would do drug testing for a raise.[/quote]

It isn't sports, but there is a situation I think is similar in that people believe something with little to no evidence to support their view. Then they just continually raise questions with no support for their view and thus somehow put the onus on the other party to defend themselves (when they shouldn't have to).

This is similar to Obama's situation. We heard forever why should't he just show his long form birth certificate. Why the fuck should he? It was a bunch of bullshit. There was no evidence that reasonable people would believe that showed he wasn't born in Hawaii. The short form birth certificate is accepted by the state department. It is what Hawaii issues to you if you ask for your birth certificate, unless you request the long-form and then you have to wait a week or 10 days to get it. But people bought into such bullshit. Republican hate machine kept spitting innuendo and then in essence saying the onus is on Obama to disprove our view when we have presented no fucking evidence!!!! It was insulting to Obama.

Floyd and his crew reminds me of the Republican hate machine. You have Floyd Sr., Floyd Jr., and Floyd's team saying he should is probably on PEDs and he should just take a test. A damn test no one else takes. A test not required by any governing body. It is a load of shit.

Not one shred of evidence do they provide to support their claim. Well Pac is knocking out bigger guys as he moves up in weight. First, he really hasn't moved up in weight. When I guy weighs 145 when he fights in March 2008 and then only weighs 148 when he fights in November 2010, I wouldn't even say he is growing, I'd just say he put on a couple of pounds in his early 30s. His opponents are bigger, but he beats them with speed. Alot of his power comes from the fact that he hits you with shots you don't see coming.

But Floyd can claim he is on PEDs and should have to take tests not required by any boxing governing body. If he had any shred of proof then fine. But since it was just some bullshit, I'd tell Floyd to go fuck himself.

Last time there was negotiations, Floyd asked for 100 million dollars. That is Floyd saying he doesn't want the fight. Pity, as I'd pick him to win the fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed May 11, 2011 8:52 pm

I was about to add something to this argument and then I read Captain's thread and see there is no need to. Well done sir.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed May 11, 2011 9:23 pm

i think that boxing is good for floyd. we see what kind of trouble he gets into when he doesnt have anything to do. floyd isnt all dumb. i think that he actually has some smart qualities to him and understands certain things very well. he just comes off as stupid.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 11, 2011 10:05 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i think that boxing is good for floyd. we see what kind of trouble he gets into when he doesnt have anything to do. floyd isnt all dumb. i think that he actually has some smart qualities to him and understands certain things very well. he just comes off as stupid.

As some of you may recall I used to be an absolutely huge Floyd fan. Pretty boy floyd was my boy. I would have argued with anyone who said he didn't have a chance to be top 10 all-time. Then he moved to 140 and 147. He became risk adverse. He took on the persona of the bad guy (Money mayweather). Then when he does a bunch of sitting(not fighting), a bunch of stupid comments in interviews, and he wonders why he isn't getting respect from boxing historians and love from fight fans.

He cheated all of us.There are only a few guys in each era with transcendent talent. Whether or not they use it to the fullest is up to them. And he cheated us all for a stupid persona and to protect his "0". If he had people around him worth a shit, they would have told him he can be the good guy, take some risks in the ring, and he'd get the money, the love from the historians, and the fans. He would have retired beloved. He may have lost a fight, but boxing fans as a whole would have talked about him for a long, long, time.
Instead we are going to talk about how talented he was, and wonder how good he was.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu May 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Gumby wrote:
Nobody? Really? Most people would do drug testing for a raise.
Only those desperate for money. Manny doesn't need Floyd.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 12, 2011 12:43 pm

I would agree to blood testing for a XL bacon double cheese.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down