What was your personal boxing highlight of 2013?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What was your personal boxing highlight of 2013?

Post  Canvas Lives on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:20 pm

For me the year was a success if for no other reason than watching Broner catch a beating from Maidana.

Canvas Lives

Back to top Go down

Re: What was your personal boxing highlight of 2013?

Post  Soonermark890 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:31 am

That was my favorite. But also watching GGG gaining a following was a huge plus for boxing. That guy has star quality. Average fans will love him.

Admin

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Canvas Lives on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:21 am

One of the low points for me was the Wlad/ Povetkin fight. I have been a supporter of Wlad for years but that was a pathetic effort. Povetkin was doing everything he could to make that a fight, and Wlad basically cheated all fight long with grappling, pushes, and throws.

Now Wlad is fighting a bum for his mandatory when there are better options available. If he is going to fight these level of fighters he should be fighting 4 times a year, but he is only fighting twice. Not good enough. It could be that Wlad is nearly done.

It gets real tiresome when the ref lets the A side get away with fouls all fight long. Just like the Broner fight. I think we were robbed of a satisfying knock out because the ref let Broner hold all fight.

Canvas Lives

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Canvas Lives wrote:One of the low points for me was the Wlad/ Povetkin fight.  I have been a supporter of Wlad for years but that was a pathetic effort.  Povetkin was doing everything he could to make that a fight, and Wlad basically cheated all fight long with grappling, pushes, and throws.

Now Wlad is fighting a bum for his mandatory when there are better options available.  If he is going to fight these level of fighters he should be fighting 4 times a year, but he is only fighting twice.  Not good enough.  It could be that Wlad is nearly done.

It gets real tiresome when the ref lets the A side get away with fouls all fight long.  Just like the Broner fight.  I think we were robbed of a satisfying knock out because the ref let Broner hold all fight.
I think Wlad has been done for a couple of years its just there is no one out there to expose it. He needs to call it a career. There is no threat right now so why not.

I want to see these refs and judges be held accountable for their actions. Its becoming ridiculous.

Admin

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top