The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4)

+3
koolkc107
Tobe
freakzilla
7 posters

Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  freakzilla Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 am

Just vote for who you think would win each fight if both fighters were at their peak in a 12 round fight.

1. Muhammad Ali vs Lennox Lewis
2. Joe Louis vs George Foreman
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  Tobe Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:16 am

I'll take Ali and Louis.

Lennox is a very good boxer, but his biggest assets were his long jab, powerful uppercut and ring intelligence. Ali is too smart, too fast and would show too many angles to allow Lewis to use those advantages. And Lennox isn't really that much bigger than Ali anyway so I have to go with the GOAT here, either by decision or stoppage on cuts.

Louis vs. Foreman is a hell of a fight. George is clearly bigger and probably stronger, but I think Louis' overall skills would take him out eventually. Foreman has better pure power and a massive telephone-pole of a jab, but pretty much fought going forward and didn't have a good defence. Louis was a tremendous combination puncher and his feet were always in perfect position when he moved inside on a guy. I see Joe working inside some of George's big shots and going to work with faster hands. Also George did show conditioning issues in several fights, so I'm thinking Joe by mid to late KO.

Last edited by Tobe on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  koolkc107 Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:30 pm

I think Ali (almost any version up to and including the Thrilla in Manilla) beats Lewis everyday and twice on Sunday.

I think Foreman turns out Louis's lights easily.

But for my own amusement, I am going to choose Lennox over Ali and The Brown Bomber over Big George.

Lewis and Louis both by decision.

Last edited by koolkc107 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Ali
The Brown Bomber!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:20 pm

I coulda told you the final 2 and the results from the time you posted the origianl match-ups, lol! Ali vs Louis. I think Louis takes him.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Ali and Louis.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:42 pm

1. Muhammad Ali vs Lennox Lewis
2. Joe Louis vs George Foreman
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:40 am

ali vs louis.

we already had the big thread about a louis vs foreman match so i dont need to write anymore about that.

this would be ali's easiest fight of the tourney so far. lewis is good but ali would dance around him and get some good shots in. i think that ali stops him late.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:07 am

All the votes go to Muhammad Ali & Joe Louis.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down