The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4)

4 posters

Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  freakzilla Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:57 am

Just vote for who you think would win each fight if both fighters were at their peak in a 12 round fight.

1. Ezzard Charles vs Bob Foster
2. Gene Tunney vs Sam Langford
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  powerpuncher Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:25 am

charles- i actually think that charles wins via KO in the later rounds pretty easily.
tunney- tough fight for tunney but i think that he outboxes the game langford.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  freakzilla Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:54 am

1. Ezzard Charles vs Bob Foster
2. Gene Tunney vs Sam Langford
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:15 am

charles all around abilty makes the differnce.he will also outsmart foster and counter him well as bob will be the one moving foward while ez fights in a arch to control the rings center.ill take ez by a late round ko in a fight that ez experience will make him shine...tunney vs langford .good match.2 all time greats.sam is a effective agressive type of fighter that can hit with both hands.gene has a fantastic chin and a terrfic ring iq.gene is one of a handfull of fighters that can move and land with a high degree of accuracy.outside of robinson i cant think of off hand anyone who had all the skills in one package and could execute thoses skills to almost perfection.ill take gene by a comfortable ud..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:50 pm

dmar5143 wrote:charles all around abilty makes the differnce.he will also outsmart foster and counter him well as bob will be the one moving foward while ez fights in a arch to control the rings center.ill take ez by a late round ko in a fight that ez experience will make him shine...tunney vs langford .good match.2 all time greats.sam is a effective agressive type of fighter that can hit with both hands.gene has a fantastic chin and a terrfic ring iq.gene is one of a handfull of fighters that can move and land with a high degree of accuracy.outside of robinson i cant think of off hand anyone who had all the skills in one package and could execute thoses skills to almost perfection.ill take gene by a comfortable ud..

Me exactly.

Its a shame that Spinks didnt make the final. He was THE man in the GREATEST and DEEPEST era of the division. For my money, Spinks is the man in this divison. Only guy I think might beat him is Charles and maybe Tunney. Conn would be an interesting fight too.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:37 pm

The fights have been 1 sided.

1. Ezzard Charles 4-0 Bob Foster
2. Gene Tunney 4-0 Sam Langford
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down