The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Final 4)

2 posters

Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  freakzilla Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 pm

Just vote for who you think would win each fight if both fighters were at their peak in a 15 round fight.

1. Roberto Duran vs Henry Armstrong
2. Pernell Whitaker vs Benny Leonard
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  freakzilla Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:40 pm

1. Roberto Duran vs Henry Armstrong
2. Pernell Whitaker vs Benny Leonard
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Final 4) Empty Re: The Boxing Palace's Greatest Ever Lightweight Tournament (Final 4)

Post  powerpuncher Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:14 am

it seems like less and less people are participating every time.

duran-in one of the most exciting fights against 2 of the greatest fighters ever, i think that this such a toss up fight. duran would be stunned to see somebody going at him like armstrong fights which would make duran furious. he would really try to prove that he is the tougher of the two. armstrong would be relentless and never give up. he would land punches on duran without getting discouraged although duran would be walking through them. in the end, i think that duran's defense (yes, i said defense) would win him the fight. duran did a lot of things great even though he is known as a brawler. i think that he would use angles to avoid getting hit a lot and would land on armstrongs hands down style. i dont care who you are, you can only take so many punches from him. with both fighters bloodied, duran wins by a TKO off of cuts in the 14th round with very close scorecards.

leonard-another toss up match. i think that sweet pea would have to take a few rounds to adjust to someone who is an actual better boxer than he is. he is used to being the quick one who moves around well and counters. pernell would avoid a lot of punches but leonard wouldnt chase him. he would let pernell be the aggressor and would use his footwork and jab to win rounds. i think that pernell starts to adapt later and avoid the punches and land punches of his own, but with losing some early rounds, it would seal his fate. i say leonard by SD.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:56 am

They seem to complain about who's not in the tourney but don't actually vote.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down