The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora

+9
shakefree
UBeeg9cats
koolkc107
kbyte
dmar5143
captainanddew
Tobe
GrantZilla
Diego408
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 Empty Re: Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora

Post  Guest Tue May 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Derek in Luxembourg to receive license.

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 Chisora2

Back to top Go down

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 Empty Re: Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora

Post  Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 am

Chisora looks gangsta.

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 Haye-chisora-presser%20(6)

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 Haye-chisora-presser%20(9)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Dan Rafael
RT @EPIXsports: Chisora v. Haye showdown set to air on @EPIXsports July 14th!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 Haye-chisora%20(3)

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 Haye-chisora%20(13)

Back to top Go down

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 Empty Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora Saturday Afternoon !!!

Post  Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:16 pm

David Haye 210lb vs. Derek Chisora 247lb

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 Haye-chisora-weigh-in%20(7)

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 I

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 Haye-chisora-weigh-in%20(2)

July 14
At London (Epix and EpixHD.com):
Dereck Chisora vs. David Haye, 10 rounds, heavyweights

Last edited by Ali on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:20 pm

"I like David. He's a good friend of mine and I hope he wins the fight. The thing is, that is not an easy fight. That fight can go either way...a 50-50 fight. Chisora reminds me a little bit of Joe Frazier without the big punch. He does come to fight. When he fought Klitschko he fought a pretty good fight. He has heart, he's crazy. Hopefully nobody goes to jail," Roach said to BoxingScene.com.

"The slight edge goes to Haye because he's fought the more quality opponents but don't count Chisora out because he's not a bad fighter when he comes in shape. When he comes in heavy he sucks," Roach said.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora - Page 2 Chisora_aint_toe_heavey_getty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:44 pm

David Haye is heavily favored by a vote of 16-to-4 to get beyond foe Dereck Chisora in Saturday's heavyweight clash.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/173797-working-who-wins-the-haye-chisora-brawl-the-experts-weigh-in-

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:36 pm

You say this will be on on saturday afternoon? What time will it be on exactly?
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:37 pm

kbyte wrote:You say this will be on on saturday afternoon? What time will it be on exactly?

Sorry afternoon for our American friends, we're 8-10 as usual I think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:59 pm

If the fight is on Saturday, why were the weigh ins on Thursday?
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Ali wrote:
kbyte wrote:You say this will be on on saturday afternoon? What time will it be on exactly?

Sorry afternoon for our American friends, we're 8-10 as usual I think.
Oh ok sounds good, I'm looking forward to this one.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:05 pm

Diego408 wrote:If the fight is on Saturday, why were the weigh ins on Thursday?

HW's always do that.

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:38 am

I didn't realize this fight was only ten rounds. WTF?
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:13 am

kbyte wrote:I didn't realize this fight was only ten rounds. WTF?

Who cares this was never going to go the distance anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:17 am

Dan Rafael
This is cool: @EpixHD will stream Chisora-Haye (US only) live on Facebook at 4:30 pm ET Saturday. Free trial here: https://t.co/uk1k8064

Dan Rafael
RT @EPIXsports: Watch HAYE V. CHISORA live online! Click here http://t.co/V4ssrfg8 & grab an @EPIXsports free trial! (US only)

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Ali wrote:

I guess so. I just don't see why they didn't just make it twelve since its the main event and all.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:19 pm

kbyte wrote:
Ali wrote:

I guess so. I just don't see why they didn't just make it twelve since its the main event and all.

Well Fatman heard a rumor that Haye asked for the fight to be reduced to ten rounds. My guess is the layoff and the fact he wants to come out guns blazing is the reason for this.

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:42 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Team Klitschko Rip Haye-Chisora: Disgrace, Freak Show

Wladimir Klitschko's manager Bernd Boente has effectively dismissed the chances of David Haye or Dereck Chisora forcing world title rematches after their controversial heavyweight fight in July, a fight which the Ukrainian has dismissed as a "freak show".

Haye and Chisora will face off at West Ham's Upton Park on July 14 despite neither of them currently holding British boxing licences, after the Luxembourg Boxing Federation agreed to sanction the bout.

Both Haye and Chisora have lost to the Klitschko brothers in the past and expressed their desire for a second chance - but Boente appears keen for the Ukrainian pair to wipe their hands of the Britons.

Responding to news of the showdown, Boente told BBC Radio Five Live: "They both lost to the Klitschkos. They are on the second level. We could [not] care less."

Meanwhile Wladimir, who eased past Haye in July last year and was then spat at by Chisora prior to the Finchley man's failed attempt to dethrone his brother Vitali in February, said: "It is a freak show under freak rules. It is a spit in the face of the British Boxing Board of Control.

"To get a licence for this man [Chisora] is disgraceful for the sport. How can you have such an event featuring a man who has shown his behaviour to the world, especially considering what he did at the press conference, where he threatened Haye? It's something that isn't good for the fans and the sport."

http://tinyurl.com/cnun824

And Wlad fighting Mormeck wasn't a "disgrace, freak show?"

Gotta agree here. Despite this fight meaning absolutely nothing at all, despite it probably being the result of carefully choreographed "hateration' involving the 2 fighters in order to drum up interest, I have to say I will be watching. Part of what makes boxing so great is the occasional "theatricality" of the sport and this one has it- is dripping with it- regardless of whether it is real or manufactured.

And, oh yeah, it just might turn into a good fight...tho I doubt it.

Props for David and Dereck for finding a good heavyweight payday without needing to put up with the brothers' BS.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Derek Chisora never does anything choreographed he flies off the handle.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Ali wrote:Derek Chisora never does anything choreographed he flies off the handle.

Chisora is one of the small but very real percentage of athletes that are either very good actors or legitimately insane. I tend to think it is the latter for most of them because they would be landing some acting gigs if it was the former.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:17 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
Ali wrote:Derek Chisora never does anything choreographed he flies off the handle.

Chisora is one of the small but very real percentage of athletes that are either very good actors or legitimately insane. I tend to think it is the latter for most of them because they would be landing some acting gigs if it was the former.

not sure if he is insane, but there is some sort of mood disorder or something there.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 am

you don't think it'll go the distance?i think for haye to win it has to go the distance,unless i overestimate chisora's beard &/or underestimate"the saviour's" punching power.haye could definitely dance & jab his way to victory(he's more fluent boxer)but i'm not sure he can ko chisora.chisora is little heavier than his last bout?,which says to me he hopes to walk down & ko haye.
now knowing my predictions haye will ko him in 1 lol!

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:31 pm

I just hope no matter what we see a definitive result, a decent fight, and the 10 round distance won't have robbed us of something memorable (for either fighter).

Not too much to ask. Clear winner, decent fight, and the shitty 10 rounds won't have screwed over either guy.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next