The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora

+9
shakefree
UBeeg9cats
koolkc107
kbyte
dmar5143
captainanddew
Tobe
GrantZilla
Diego408
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora Empty Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora

Post  Guest Tue May 08, 2012 11:34 am

David Haye and Dereck Chisora will fight in London on July 14, five months after a brawl between the British heavyweights led authorities to strip Chisora of his boxing license.

Chisora's manager, Frank Warren, said on Tuesday that the fight at West Ham soccer club will be sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation since the British Boxing Board of Control refused involvement because neither fighter has a license.

Haye relinquished his license last year to retire following the loss of his WBA title to Wladimir Klitschko.

Warren previously said he would not be involved in a fight between the pair, who brawled during a news conference after Chisora lost to WBC champion Vitali Klitschko in Munich on Feb. 19.

He told BBC radio that he changed his mind when British authorities delayed Chisora's appeal against the withdrawal of his license.

"What he did was stupid and there should be some sort of punishment," Warren said. "But he will be out of action for six months and will lose money. Why should he not make a living?"

The BBC removed Chisora's license in part because he also slapped Vitali Klitschko at the weigh-in for their bout and spat water at Wladimir Klitschko before the fight.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7903892/david-haye-dereck-chisora-take-brawl-ring-july-14

Last edited by Ali on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:54 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora Empty Re: Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora

Post  Guest Tue May 08, 2012 11:36 am

Two reason why I think this fight is going ahead

1. All parties involved realize there's huge demand for the fight and alot of money is to be made.

2. Frank Warren needs something big to lure subscribers to his channel Boxnation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 08, 2012 11:44 am

Chisora said: "I saw David Haye a couple of weeks [ago] and he pulled a knife.

Haye responded: "I was eating a steak. It was in a restaurant."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 08, 2012 11:48 am

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora Haye-chisora%20(5)

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora Haye-chisora%20(4)

Epix: David Haye vs. Derek Chisora Haye-chisora%20(10)

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue May 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Lmao is don't think all the fencing and caging them apart is necessary. I'm glad this fight is happening. I'm surprised it got done. Vitali maybe be next for hate if he wins I assume.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 08, 2012 5:09 pm

I want a 24/7 show for the build up for this fight. Fuck HBO! As Captain said, they only care about hype job Americans and Latinos.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Team Klitschko Rip Haye-Chisora: Disgrace, Freak Show

Wladimir Klitschko's manager Bernd Boente has effectively dismissed the chances of David Haye or Dereck Chisora forcing world title rematches after their controversial heavyweight fight in July, a fight which the Ukrainian has dismissed as a "freak show".

Haye and Chisora will face off at West Ham's Upton Park on July 14 despite neither of them currently holding British boxing licences, after the Luxembourg Boxing Federation agreed to sanction the bout.

Both Haye and Chisora have lost to the Klitschko brothers in the past and expressed their desire for a second chance - but Boente appears keen for the Ukrainian pair to wipe their hands of the Britons.

Responding to news of the showdown, Boente told BBC Radio Five Live: "They both lost to the Klitschkos. They are on the second level. We could [not] care less."

Meanwhile Wladimir, who eased past Haye in July last year and was then spat at by Chisora prior to the Finchley man's failed attempt to dethrone his brother Vitali in February, said: "It is a freak show under freak rules. It is a spit in the face of the British Boxing Board of Control.

"To get a licence for this man [Chisora] is disgraceful for the sport. How can you have such an event featuring a man who has shown his behaviour to the world, especially considering what he did at the press conference, where he threatened Haye? It's something that isn't good for the fans and the sport."

http://tinyurl.com/cnun824

And Wlad fighting Mormeck wasn't a "disgrace, freak show?"
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue May 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Haye should never get a rematch with Wlad. He won't fight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 09, 2012 1:02 pm

K2 need to shut their traps, it was them who suggested the fight in the first place.

And if any fight should be labeled a freakshow it should have been Haye vs. Valuev. I struggle to see this being anything less than exciting.

Speed, power, shaky chin vs. power, granite chin and lunacy = WAR !!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed May 09, 2012 3:56 pm

This is a legit "anything could happen" type of fight. Worth watching for the entertainment alone; but neither of these guys has a chance to be the real champ.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 09, 2012 7:03 pm

fight is being sanctioned by the luxembourg boxing association because BBBofC won't sanction it.

Fight is still supposed to take place in Britain.

Problem-BBBofC has threatend to take the british license of any promoter, official, or undercard fighter that fights in this fight.

I can't disagree with them. If you want Haye and Chisora to fight, don't do it there and expect them to allow it to happen.

Make the physical location elsewhere.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu May 10, 2012 2:39 am

Fuck the BBBofC. Scott Harrison got out of jail after beating up a police officer, and the British Board gave him a boxing licence.

Chisora's suspension was over the top. They pushed his appeal to July because they know they will have to overtturn it.

They've let far worse offenders get licences.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 am

captainanddew wrote:fight is being sanctioned by the luxembourg boxing association because BBBofC won't sanction it.

Fight is still supposed to take place in Britain.

Problem-BBBofC has threatend to take the british license of any promoter, official, or undercard fighter that fights in this fight.

I can't disagree with them. If you want Haye and Chisora to fight, don't do it there and expect them to allow it to happen.

Make the physical location elsewhere.
....i agree totaly.the fight elsewhere may lose gate money but could make it up on a ppv.the boards actions was maybe to harsh but a correct one.it was 3 not 1 incidents all started by chisora and his actions that warranted this.
do the fight elsewhere.dont put in danger other fighters liscences or your promoters either.doing this is directly not only testing the bbc in a form of a challenge but also a slap in the face.
this fight yes has excited the fans in the uk but i feel also will excite boxing fans here also.unlike the haye-wlad fight where both talked a good fight but delivered nothing this one will be a real war.its the best hw fight out there.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 10, 2012 3:26 pm

The problem the British Board made is they withdrew Chisora's license instead of banning or suspending him, so they left the door open for Derek to go elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Apparently the fight has already sold 17,000 tickets.

The source is from Rupert Murdoch's empire so take it with a grain of salt.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 11, 2012 3:30 am

Ali wrote:The problem the British Board made is they withdrew Chisora's license instead of banning or suspending him, so they left the door open for Derek to go elsewhere.

The problem is total lack of consistency. As said, they have let far worse offenders get licences. It should've been 3-4 months tops and a fine.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 11, 2012 11:46 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:The problem the British Board made is they withdrew Chisora's license instead of banning or suspending him, so they left the door open for Derek to go elsewhere.

The problem is total lack of consistency. As said, they have let far worse offenders get licences. It should've been 3-4 months tops and a fine.

Agreed.

The Board caved into the media outcry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Mike S., San Antonio [via mobile]
Please tell me whichever US tv picks up Haye-Chisora there will be a "face-off"

Dan Rafael
(12:09 PM)
I'm told there's a good chance Epix will carry the card.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 13, 2012 4:57 am

I'm so excitied for this fight. They better do some kind of 24/7 for it. How the fuck can they not with these two jokers?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 13, 2012 12:38 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'm so excitied for this fight. They better do some kind of 24/7 for it. How the fuck can they not with these two jokers?

I am sure Boxnation will do something similar to face off, they did that with Vitali vs. Chisora.

Except this time they'll be alot of security.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 20, 2012 5:16 am

Chisora got thrown out of the Price fight.

http://tinyurl.com/7pbcgwf
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 20, 2012 1:26 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Chisora got thrown out of the Price fight.

http://tinyurl.com/7pbcgwf

That's a bit much, sure promoting a different TV network wouldn't fly but to eject him for it is extreme.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 21, 2012 6:48 am

Bu hahah Haye got a new phone ap where you can play Haye and slice Chisora's head off with a broken bottle

http://tinyurl.com/cf6t74d
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 21, 2012 6:50 am

GrantZilla wrote:Bu hahah Haye got a new phone ap where you can play Haye and slice Chisora's head off with a broken bottle

http://tinyurl.com/cf6t74d

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next