The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wladimir Klitschko cancels Derek Chisora fight over injury

5 posters

Go down

Wladimir Klitschko cancels Derek Chisora fight over injury Empty Wladimir Klitschko cancels Derek Chisora fight over injury

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:37 pm

@danrafaelespn Wladimir Klitschko canceled the Chisora fight saying his abdominal injury is not yet healed. Seems more like it is to face Haye in July.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Wladimir Klitschko cancels Derek Chisora fight over injury Empty Re: Wladimir Klitschko cancels Derek Chisora fight over injury

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:52 pm

So basically Wladimir wasted promotional time for the Haye for nothing, honestly why he didn't just scrap the Chisora fight in the first place is beyond me.

Back to top Go down

Wladimir Klitschko cancels Derek Chisora fight over injury Empty Re: Wladimir Klitschko cancels Derek Chisora fight over injury

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Probably as a sign of good faith to close the Haye deal. Anyways, a bitch move by Wlad unless Chisora is getting some kind of compensation or an iron-clad contract to face the winner.

I give Doctor Klitschko more slack than most fighters as he has always conducted himself with class. Maybe this injury concern is legit, but I doubt it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Yeah I feel sorry for Chisora to, he's basically wasted valuable time for nothing. A 14-0 prospect should be keeping active regularly and improving his craft, not sitting around waiting for a title shot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:19 pm

If I were K2, I wouldn't give Haye a contract unless there was a multi million dollar bond held in trust that Haye would have to forfiet if he pulled out of the date.

If Wlad cancels the Chisora fight and then Haye pulls out again, the champ will go nearly a year without a fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Haye ain't pulling out of nothing, Sky Sports aren't going to go bunkrupt unless Ruport Mudoch's takeover of Sky drastically effects the company.

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:58 pm

i'm betting just to show that wlad thinks the saviour is a failure he reschedules chisora for the same night as haye so he can open a double dose of whoop-ass lol!

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Chisora is a wife-beating punk who had no business getting that shot in the first place and no chance to win it; I'm not shedding too many tears over this.

As for the impact on the Haye fight, it is probably a good sign but I still doubt it actually happens. Hope it does.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Please let him fight Haye. I'm ready for that extravaganza.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Ali wrote:Haye ain't pulling out of nothing, Sky Sports aren't going to go bunkrupt unless Ruport Mudoch's takeover of Sky drastically effects the company.

Nope, it'll probably make more money now that Mudoch got it.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:08 pm

i dont buy the injury sorry..he pulled out cause he feels the haye fights going to happen..ive had major surgery twice and healed a whole lot faster and back to normal over a adominal tear.
weather or not chisora deserves a title shot is irrelivent.he took it for short money because it was a titlle shot.a real title and hes been jerked around..
unfortunetly morality has not been a qualification for getting or not getting a title shot..wife beaters how about hollifield tyson robinson lamotta and others..or drug addicts like leanard pryor dokes or constant combinations of drugs or burglary like camacho or tons of other things..these guys are not altar boys..most fighters are not.there far from it.
darn again another fight cancelled.and with a suspect reason.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:14 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i dont buy the injury sorry..he pulled out cause he feels the haye fights going to happen..ive had major surgery twice and healed a whole lot faster and back to normal over a adominal tear.
weather or not chisora deserves a title shot is irrelivent.he took it for short money because it was a titlle shot.a real title and hes been jerked around..
unfortunetly morality has not been a qualification for getting or not getting a title shot..wife beaters how about hollifield tyson robinson lamotta and others..or drug addicts like leanard pryor dokes or constant combinations of drugs or burglary like camacho or tons of other things..these guys are not altar boys..most fighters are not.there far from it.
darn again another fight cancelled.and with a suspect reason.

chisora didn't take anything for short money. He hasn't proven himself to be a top 20 hw yet.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:13 pm

I don't know why these guys have to lie about shit. Why doesn't Wlad just say he's going to fight Haye, and give the wife beater some step aside money for completly wasting his time.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:47 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I don't know why these guys have to lie about shit. Why doesn't Wlad just say he's going to fight Haye, and give the wife beater some step aside money for completly wasting his time.

so true. Just give the guy 50k for wasting his time and fight him later this year. No one would complain.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:49 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:Haye ain't pulling out of nothing, Sky Sports aren't going to go bunkrupt unless Ruport Mudoch's takeover of Sky drastically effects the company.

As long as I still get to see Dexter and Sons Of Anarchy I'll be happy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:17 pm

Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Dexter has been my favorite show of the past 5 years.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:19 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Dexter has been my favorite show of the past 5 years.

Yup it's been really good, helped fill the void now that The Soprano's and The Wire have finished.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down