The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Ward-Chad Dawson

+16
koolkc107
powerpuncher
NJBeatdown86
gomez1012
jz_hova
SlickMoney
nano212
kbyte
Diego408
Soonermark890
Shaun
Gumby
captainanddew
dmar5143
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Andre Ward-Chad Dawson - Page 4 Empty Re: Andre Ward-Chad Dawson

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:52 pm

captainanddew wrote:I have a hard time picking against the guy with the much higher boxing IQ (and possibly will to win).

Ward has muscled and mauled guys.

he's boxed on the outside and then done the dive in with the right hand and just clinch BHOP style.

He used his feet and quicker hands to be out of range, get into range, and get back out against Kessler.

I think Ward will adjust to whatever Dawson does and counteract it. That is Ward's strength. He will adjust, find a way to win rounds, and get the job done. Ward hasn't lost since the first 2 years of his amateur career and I think he will find a way to keep winning.

This post + Dawson having some trouble making weight sums up exactly why I think it will be a relatively easy fight for Ward. Ward just doesn't lose fights and won't lose a fight until more factors such as age, weight, or judging are against him.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:115-113 Ward sounds good to me.

If it was at LHW perhaps it might be more intriguing.

If Ward wouldnt clinch so much then Id give Chad a huge shot at the W
I think Chad is massively overrated. Ward is going to kill him. I dont know if Bad Chad will win a round.

Ward doesn't kill people he couldn't even stop your boy.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:32 pm

IMO ward is #3 p4p right after a man in jail and also a fading phillipino. i believe that he is better than martinez and donaire. i mean realistically, he has beaten the better competition over the last few years and dominated it.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:33 pm

powerpuncher wrote:IMO ward is #3 p4p right after a man in jail and also a fading phillipino. i believe that he is better than martinez and donaire. i mean realistically, he has beaten the better competition over the last few years and dominated it.

I agree 100%.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Ali wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:IMO ward is #3 p4p right after a man in jail and also a fading phillipino. i believe that he is better than martinez and donaire. i mean realistically, he has beaten the better competition over the last few years and dominated it.

I agree 100%.

Martinez is 37 or 38. Donaire is still very good but I think he was better at the weight classes below his current stop.

Floyd and Pac both on the downside.

Ward is the P4P heir apparent.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:17 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

I agree 100%.

Martinez is 37 or 38. Donaire is still very good but I think he was better at the weight classes below his current stop.

and if Dawson wins then he could really get his career restarted.

Not likely an exciting fight but it intrigues me the closer it gets.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:20 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

I agree 100%.

Honestly you could make a case for Ward being ahead of Pac based on his latest performances.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:05 am

Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:

I agree 100%.

Honestly you could make a case for Ward being ahead of Pac based on his latest performances.
although he did beat bradley, he didnt look overly impressive and most thought he lost to JMM. so i have no problem putting him in front of pac at the moment.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:06 am

Dawson should have tried to make it a catchweight. Even 170 or 171 would have helped him alot. A couple of fights ago he was 173 and he could probably get down to 171 or 170. The last couple pounds is probably going to take something out of him.

He stopped fighting at 168 in 2006. That is a long time ago. He was 24 then. he is 30 now. This was a bad strategical move.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:55 am

captainanddew wrote:Dawson should have tried to make it a catchweight. Even 170 or 171 would have helped him alot. A couple of fights ago he was 173 and he could probably get down to 171 or 170. The last couple pounds is probably going to take something out of him.

He stopped fighting at 168 in 2006. That is a long time ago. He was 24 then. he is 30 now. This was a bad strategical move.

You are probably right. A catchweight may have been the best thing.

But the onus of losing the weight may be a two-sided coin. Yes, maybe Dawson comes in a bit drained, a bit less strong...or maybe he enters the ring in the best condition he has been in in years.

It is just July: he has plenty of time not only to get down to the weight, but to do so comfortably if his strength and nutrition guy has even half a clue.

And Dawson is the naturally bigger man. If he can jab and keep Andre outside- something he seemed to have no problem doing against a very crafty, albeit ancient, Hopkins- this will be a relatively easy fight for Bad Chad.

Yes, I know Ward is faster and younger than BHop, but I think Dawson can use some of the same blueprint against Andre. And the one thing that has been Dawson's krytonite- guys with a big punch- may not be in play here.

This will not be a walk in the park for Ward, maybe just the opposite.
koolkc107
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:30 pm

koolkc107 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Dawson should have tried to make it a catchweight. Even 170 or 171 would have helped him alot. A couple of fights ago he was 173 and he could probably get down to 171 or 170. The last couple pounds is probably going to take something out of him.

You are probably right. A catchweight may have been the best thing.

But the onus of losing the weight may be a two-sided coin. Yes, maybe Dawson comes in a bit drained, a bit less strong...or maybe he enters the ring in the best condition he has been in in years.

It is just July: he has plenty of time not only to get down to the weight, but to do so comfortably if his strength and nutrition guy has even half a clue.

And Dawson is the naturally bigger man. If he can jab and keep Andre outside- something he seemed to have no problem doing against a very crafty, albeit ancient, Hopkins- this will be a relatively easy fight for Bad Chad.

Yes, I know Ward is faster and younger than BHop, but I think Dawson can use some of the same blueprint against Andre. And the one thing that has been Dawson's krytonite- guys with a big punch- may not be in play here.

This will not be a walk in the park for Ward, maybe just the opposite.

I don't think it is a walk in the park for Ward or Dawson.

1-I don't think Dawson will be able to keep Ward on the outside for a couple of reasons: (a) Ward's feet and hands are faster than BHOP (b) Dawson doesn't throw the jab out there 40 times in 3 mins and control the round. He has a decent jab but even when he does jab he still does not throw enough punches.

2-Ward will have watched Dawson vs Pascal. I think Ward will look for opportunities to just jump on Dawson, and throw 2-3 punches and tie up. Similar to Pascal's bursts.

Dawson does not punch with guys that well. He is good when he is controlling the action. But if you throw punches at him he tries to defend. He isn't great at going from offense to defense and back to offense.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:28 am

Ward looks bigger standing next to Dawson than I thought.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Andre Ward-Chad Dawson - Page 4 Empty Ward vs Dawson

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Ward (-290)
Dawson (+240)
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:29 am

flapanther2001 wrote:Ward (-290)
Dawson (+240)

Is that good ? I am tempted to put a little dough on Chad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:04 am

Ali wrote:
Dawson (+240)

If you're asking that question, don't make the bet. Boxing's not a fun sport to gamble on anyways. Too unpredictable.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Gumby wrote:
Ali wrote:
Dawson (+240)

If you're asking that question, don't make the bet. Boxing's not a fun sport to gamble on anyways. Too unpredictable.

But for fights that I have little interest in it adds some spice to them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Ali wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Ali wrote:
Dawson (+240)

Put your money on Ward. Dawson is not going to win a round.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Ali wrote:
Dawson (+240)

I've never seen Dawson in a single fight where I felt like he wouldn't win a round. At the very least he does enough to win 3-4 rounds.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:44 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Ali wrote:
Dawson (+240)

I've never seen Dawson in a single fight where I felt like he wouldn't win a round. At the very least he does enough to win 3-4 rounds.
That just shows you how good I think Ward is. If I am being honest on my opinion on ward I will say he is probably the best P4P fighter in the world right now. Is he boring? Yes a lot of the time he is not exciting but he is damn good. Dawson will get blown out. Everything is in Ward's favor in this fight. He is fighting a passive fighter thats dumb enough to fight him in his weight class. Ward should have his way come fight night.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:49 pm

If Ward Keeps Dawson on the inside the whole fight it will be very one sided. Ward unlike Pascal can't hurt him. He can out muscle Dawson like he does to everyone else. Ward is a very strong fighter, but he can't punch worth shit. If Dawson uses his jab and fights in the outside, it could be very compatitive and Dawson could have the edge.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:07 am

ward just beats everybody at their own game. i believe that ward will out jab dawson if he decides to do that.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm

[quote="Soonermark890"]
Ali wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Ali wrote:
Dawson (+240)

But for fights that I have little interest in it adds some spice to them.[/quote]Put your money on Ward. Dawson is not going to win a round.
There ya go birthday boy. I agree 100 percent.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:32 pm

[quote="Frank"]
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Ali wrote:
Dawson (+240)

But for fights that I have little interest in it adds some spice to them.[/quote]Put your money on Ward. Dawson is not going to win a round.
There ya go birthday boy. I agree 100 percent.
I am telling everyone that this will be very one sided.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Unless you really really really think Dawson is going to win, then stay away from this fight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4