The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jean Pascal vs Chad Dawson rematch likely for May

+2
Frank
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Jean Pascal vs Chad Dawson rematch likely for May Empty Jean Pascal vs Chad Dawson rematch likely for May

Post  Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:51 am

On December 18, Bernard Hopkins and WBC/IBO light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal battled to a disputed, majority draw at the Pepsi Colesium in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. Now Pascal is contractually obligated to rematch Chad Dawson, whom the Canadian star decisioned earlier this year.

Pascal is looking to rematch Hopkins if he defeats Dawson in a return bout, for which Dawson will have return to Canada likely in late April or early May, according to Pascal's promoter, Yvon Michel.

"I haven't spoken to anybody at HBO because they are all out of the offices until January 3, but I have spoken to Gary Shaw, and Gary is telling me that he wants to look for a date at about the end of April, but most likely sometime in May," said Michel.

"Jean Pascal told me that he wanted to come back in April, but now, he told me that he needs a little bit more time. So, most likely, it will be sometime in May. It will be in Canada, and on that, there is no doubt. Not only because Jean Pascal is the champion, but because of his drawing power compared to Chad Dawson in the United States."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34290

Back to top Go down

Jean Pascal vs Chad Dawson rematch likely for May Empty Re: Jean Pascal vs Chad Dawson rematch likely for May

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:57 am

It will be in Canada, and on that, there is no doubt. Not only because Jean Pascal is the champion, but because of his drawing power compared to Chad Dawson in the United States."

Agreed. When you can't even draw a crowd in your home state, you have no room to demand the fight be in the US.

Shaw is a terrible promoter that can't even build fanbases for his fighters. Bradley, Dawson, Dirrell, ect. All of them on one card couldn't even get kind crowd Pascal draws.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Jean Pascal vs Chad Dawson rematch likely for May Empty Re: Jean Pascal vs Chad Dawson rematch likely for May

Post  Frank Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:06 am

Somebody please tell me why anyone would want to see this fight.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:09 am

Frank wrote:Somebody please tell me why anyone would want to see this fight.
I have no clue. BHOP is right about this one.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:10 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
I have no clue. BHOP is right about this one.
Yep. I going to have to take Bhop off of my shit list. He's just too damn good.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:39 am

MAY!!???? WTF. Why can't this fight be fought earlier? Why is Dawson waiting almost a year between fights? Where does Tavoris Cloud fit in this equation? If Im Hopkins Im trying to make a Cloud fight right now.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:54 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:MAY!!???? WTF. Why can't this fight be fought earlier? Why is Dawson waiting almost a year between fights? Where does Tavoris Cloud fit in this equation? If Im Hopkins Im trying to make a Cloud fight right now.
I wouldn't if I was BHOP. Cloud is the only guy in the division who might KO BHOP.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:25 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:MAY!!???? WTF. Why can't this fight be fought earlier? Why is Dawson waiting almost a year between fights? Where does Tavoris Cloud fit in this equation? If Im Hopkins Im trying to make a Cloud fight right now.
I wouldn't if I was BHOP. Cloud is the only guy in the division who might KO BHOP.

GTFOH! Cloud couldn't KO Clinton Woods and couldn't hurt Johnson. He couldn't get Zuniga out of there either and Zuniga was KO'd by Pavlik and Bute. The only opponent he KO'd with any real credentials was Julio Caesar Gonzalez and he was coming off of two losses. What makes you think he has the skill to KO Hopkins? Hopkins has never been KO'd in his career. Cloud's power is way overrated and he's not very skilled, easy to hit and he cuts and swells.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:48 am

the only fight that Hopkins is going to have at 175lb is against the lineal champion of the division, which will likely be Pascal or Dawson and by the time it gets to that fight it will bearound september/october time. Hopkins isn't going to fight Cloud who brings absolutely nothing to the table. he won't fight Dawson either for the same reason unless Dawson takes Pascal's crown in their rematch. From what i understand, Pascal is only contractually obligated to give Dawson a rematch if the same amount or more money is offered for the fight. if that rematch doesn't come off then i'd expect to see Pascal stripped of his WBC trinket but keep his lineal title. What has Dawson done to actually prove himself in being granted another shot at Pascal?? he just whined after the fight and has thus far shown no desire to make any significant fights happen since. this is the problem with boxers today, they get paid way too much for mediocre performances so they never have any incentive to get back into the ring to fight the best. all i know is that come this time next year it will be highly unlikely that Pascal remains on top of the 175lb tree

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:24 pm

I think BHop will go after Cloud. He's chasing greatness right now and knows he has to get to Pascal asap. The quickest way to do that is to get through Cloud and make himself the only option available.

The only thing is...Pascal doesn't get past Chad Dawson.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:04 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

GTFOH! Cloud couldn't KO Clinton Woods and couldn't hurt Johnson. He couldn't get Zuniga out of there either and Zuniga was KO'd by Pavlik and Bute. The only opponent he KO'd with any real credentials was Julio Caesar Gonzalez and he was coming off of two losses. What makes you think he has the skill to KO Hopkins? Hopkins has never been KO'd in his career. Cloud's power is way overrated and he's not very skilled, easy to hit and he cuts and swells.
WHOA. He did hurt Johnson. A couple of times. BHOP is getting old and he was down twice in his last fight against a guy who doesnt throw many punches.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:33 am

Erm how about the fact the first one was a pretty entertaining fight, and I'd also like to see Pascal beat Dawson more decisively this time to convince everyone it wasn't just an off night for Chad.

There's also now the Manny Steward factor, he'll be able to bring out the best in Chad in make it a more difficult task for Pascal.

Everyone has known since the end of the first fight that there was going to be a rematch, it was in the contract. People need to stop whinging.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:36 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

GTFOH! Cloud couldn't KO Clinton Woods and couldn't hurt Johnson.
He couldn't get Zuniga out of there either and Zuniga was KO'd by Pavlik and Bute. The only opponent he KO'd with any real credentials was Julio Caesar Gonzalez and he was coming off of two losses. What makes you think he has the skill to KO Hopkins? Hopkins has never been KO'd in his career. Cloud's power is way overrated and he's not very skilled, easy to hit and he cuts and swells.

No one except a peak Roy Jones Jr was able to stop Woods, and that wasn't even a knockdown Woods just got overwhelmed. And Cloud was able to hurt GJ on a couple occasions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum