The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Ward-Chad Dawson

+16
koolkc107
powerpuncher
NJBeatdown86
gomez1012
jz_hova
SlickMoney
nano212
kbyte
Diego408
Soonermark890
Shaun
Gumby
captainanddew
dmar5143
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Andre Ward-Chad Dawson Empty Andre Ward-Chad Dawson

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:46 am

Moments after outpointing Bernard Hopkins by majority decision for the WBC and Ring Magazine light heavyweight titles, Chad Dawson immediately called out Andre Ward to fight him next.

“I would love to fight Andre Ward,” Dawson (31-1, 17 KOs) told HBO’s Max Kellerman. “Bad Chad” then shared he could "get down to 168" or make it at 175 pounds if necessary.

Ward (25-0, 13 KOs), who incidentally enough owns the super middleweight version of both belts in addition to the WBA diadem, was the subject of an avalanche of messages on social media asking for him to comment.

"S.O.G." was quick to respond on the internet, saying, “Why is my Twitter blowing up? Y’all know how the game goes. We can get it done!”

After initially announcing he would return on June 2, Ward has since backed off that date.

http://tinyurl.com/6tnehcy

Last edited by GrantZilla on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Andre Ward-Chad Dawson Empty Re: Andre Ward-Chad Dawson

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:59 am

I was just about to start this topic... you beat me to it.

Is this an HBO ploy to get Ward to their network? Was Dawson paid or told by HBO to call out this specific fighter so they can court him from Showtime? He has unfinished business at '75 with Pascal, I think he should handle that before taking on Ward.

He has in fact said for years that he could get down to '68. He said he was interested in the super six or the winner last year.

Will Ward accept this challenge? Will Ward come up to '75 and try and capture his second lineal championship? Will he make Chad come down to '68 and risk his current lineal championship?

My prediction (if this fight is made) is that Ward will agree to a catchweight and both men, win or lose, will keep their belts and titles.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:07 am

Pascal will be busy fighting Cloud. Depending on how bad and how long Dawson's cut needs to heal, he could be back in action by summer time. The fight wasn't some kind of war where he needs months to recover.

I don't think it's an HBO ploy to get Ward. I think it's more like Dawson seeing a smaller opponent who's got some name value. Someone to fight until he can fight the winner of the Pascal-Cloud fight.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:17 am

GrantZilla wrote:Pascal will be busy fighting Cloud. Depending on how bad and how long Dawson's cut needs to heal, he could be back in action by summer time. The fight wasn't some kind of war where he needs months to recover.

I don't think it's an HBO ploy to get Ward. I think it's more like Dawson seeing a smaller opponent who's got some name value. Someone to fight until he can fight the winner of the Pascal-Cloud fight.

I like the fight. I think it's a good one. One guy (Ward) completely maximizes his potential to win while the other guy uses very little of his potential to make seemingly easy fights interesting. I think that Dawson can beat Ward but I think that's Ward's drive and determination will defeat Dawson.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:39 am

i think dawson didnt call out ward so to speak.he ansered a question on who would you like to fight next.hardcore if the fights at catchweight so to speak 170 lets say dawsons title will be at stake not wards.at 168 both titles are up for grabs.the only way that neither title will be at stake is if one fighter comes in over 175..
dawson against the winner of cloud-pasqual should be next in all fairness..bute vs ward if bute wins is a much bigger payday i think for ward and again in all fairness whats best for the sport..
ward-dawson a fight between 2 lineal champs after they settle with lets say bute and cloud for example could be a plus for the sport also.
myself only i cant stand how dawson fights.boring ..would a ward dawson fight between 2 lineal champs have appeal.of course.that type of matchup always has.the only differnce is thoses matchups didnt have a boring fighter like dawson in the ring.
on another note i read bo-hops comments on the fight.of course he thought he won.lol.he said what did dawson do to win the title.the anser i feel is very little.another question is what did bo hop do to win the fight.the anser is less then dawson.personaly im glad he lost.i just wish dawson put a beating on him..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:17 am

Dawson last fought at 168 in early 2006. I think if Ward faces Dawson it will be after Ward has a relatively soft fight this summer and a fight against Bute.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:09 am

If Ward takes this fight he's ducking Bute.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:If Ward takes this fight he's ducking Bute.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm.

I'd take Ward. He would just walk right inside and maul Chad. It'd be an ugly fight (like Ward v. Green) but unless Chad is significantly stronger than Andre he won't be able to do much inside.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Hopkins needs to retire.

Dawson needs to unify with Cloud, Shumanov, Cleverly or get a rematch with Pascal.

Ward needs to buy a ticket for Bute vs. Froch and sit ringside, IF Bute wins then he should enter the ring and start the promotion for the fight which would crown and undisputed SMW champion.

If Ward vs. Dawson happens next then I might actually quit watching boxing.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:If Ward vs. Dawson happens next then I might actually quit watching boxing.

Why? It's not a bad match up. Both fighter's got nobody to fight right now. Pascal and Cloud are fightig each other and Bute is busy fighting Froch. So who is Ward suppose to fight? Some bum?

Dawson isn't a name, so Shumanov and Cleverly will bomb in the US.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm

dawson doesnt need to unify with anyone.hes the real legit light heavy champ.the winner of cloud-pasqual makes the most sence.a fight with ward is ok also as second choice.2 real lineal champs fighting each other.fuck unifing anything else with there bullshit belts only to be stripped in a few short months.either you recognize a real champ or you recognize phoney belts.you cant do both.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:20 pm

dmar5143 wrote:dawson doesnt need to unify with anyone.hes the real legit light heavy champ.the winner of cloud-pasqual makes the most sence.a fight with ward is ok also as second choice.2 real lineal champs fighting each other.fuck unifing anything else with there bullshit belts only to be stripped in a few short months.either you recognize a real champ or you recognize phoney belts.you cant do both.

100% agree
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:23 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:If Ward vs. Dawson happens next then I might actually quit watching boxing.

Why? It's not a bad match up. Both fighter's got nobody to fight right now. Pascal and Cloud are fightig each other and Bute is busy fighting Froch. So who is Ward suppose to fight? Some bum?

Dawson isn't a name, so Shumanov and Cleverly will bomb in the US.

Because I am sick and tired of all the bullshit politics of this sport, everyone is only interested in making a quick buck and nobody wants to face the best.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:23 pm

dmar5143 wrote:dawson doesnt need to unify with anyone.hes the real legit light heavy champ.the winner of cloud-pasqual makes the most sence.a fight with ward is ok also as second choice.2 real lineal champs fighting each other.fuck unifing anything else with there bullshit belts only to be stripped in a few short months.either you recognize a real champ or you recognize phoney belts.you cant do both.

Chad isn't a legit champ he's yet to avenge that loss to Pascal.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

..total bullshit.if you think chad isnt the real champ then do yourself a favor and dont watch boxing.if you think ward isnt amoung the best even if hes at 168 then stop showing blatant ignorance please.lets see wlad isnt a real champ because corrie sanders wasnt avenged.martinez isnt a real champ since margo is fighting at middle.get real please.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Was Joe Louis not the "real" Champ when he beat Braddock because he lost to Schmeling?

What part of Pascal-Cloud being locked up in a fight do you not understand? Who is Dawson to fight then? An unknown Euro fighter? Or the linear Super Middle Champ?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:33 pm

dmar5143 wrote:

..total bullshit.if you think chad isnt the real champ then do yourself a favor and dont watch boxing.if you think ward isnt amoung the best even if hes at 168 then stop showing blatant ignorance please.lets see wlad isnt a real champ because corrie sanders wasnt avenged.martinez isnt a real champ since margo is fighting at middle.get real please.

Do yourself a favor and start using the fucking space bar.

Cloud, Pascal, Shumanov and Cleverly are all legit opponents for Dawson to face, all of them are top ten LHW's.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:42 pm

read what grant said.hes correct.cloud is fighting pasqual and if its ward hes a better fighter then thoses 2 guys.again is he the real champ or not.if you say not then your insulting every intelligent poster on here.that corrects.and screw a spacebar.i cant type and it takes time to do this.
either you respect the man who beat the man as the champ.if not then watch mma or ufc or whatever that bullshit is and leave comments to boxing fans who actualy know what there talking about..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Cloud fights Pascal.
After they fight, they will each sit.

Dawson isn't fighting without the HBO money.

Will HBO accept Cleverly or Shumenov?? No idea. HBO can be funny sometimes. They will accept journeymen for Berto but turn down legit top 10 guys for other fighters.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:52 pm

In todays clouded scene of multiple belt holders and reluctance to face the best there isn't that many champions.

Sergio Martinez and Wladimir Klitschko are probably the only boxers who could confidently call Champions.

The so called LHW title was created when Dawson and Pascal fought, I would hardly call that fight the defining moment when a LHW champion was crowned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:55 pm

captainanddew wrote:Cloud fights Pascal.

Will HBO accept Cleverly or Shumenov?? No idea. HBO can be funny sometimes. They will accept journeymen for Berto but turn down legit top 10 guys for other fighters.

Cleverly and Shumanov are top ten LHW's with trinkets, if that doesn't qualify you for HBO then that's another example of how this sport is dying.

Gary Sykes is going to be on HBO next month but those two might not......and it's any wonder why I am getting disillusioned with the sport.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:00 pm

captainanddew wrote:Cloud fights Pascal.

Cleverly and Shumanov are top ten LHW's with trinkets, if that doesn't qualify you for HBO then that's another example of how this sport is dying.

Gary Sykes is going to be on HBO next month but those two might not......and it's any wonder why I am getting disillusioned with the sport.

If Sith Lord Haymon runs your career you fight guys like Sykes (or the scrubs Berto fought).

Dawson has fought Tarver twice, Johnson twice, Adamek, Pascal, Diaconu, and BHOP.

Many of those fighters are older, but HBO wasn't giving him any soft touches.

Only guy on that list that wasn't known in the US was Diaconu. And he was a legit top 10 guy. HBO allowed him because it was Dawson's first fight after a loss(and they wanted Dawson to stay on HBO). Otherwise they would have requested that Dawson face someone more well known and/or better.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Chad won't have any interest in any of the top ten guys outside Pascal, he already said on boxingscene this week that " I have a big family now and want the fights that bring the most money."

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:11 pm

having a trinket qualifies you for jackshit.dawson as captain has pointed out has fought several top fighters.so has ward.both have real lineal titles.both have had several fights with national tv exposure.ward is by far a far more desireable fight not only by network thinking but by most fans thinking.its far more saleable then one guy who has had 12 fights and fought maybe one respectable fighter.business wise it makes sence.fan wise it does also.rating wise also.yes hbo has made a few mistakes of course but to toss a ward fight if avalible for any of thoses 2 guys most fans on here will be in a uproar.
that is by far the best fight outthere with maybe the exception of the cloud-pasqual winner and thats just a maybe..if you want the best vs the best then its ward-dawson.by far..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:15 pm

if Pacal beats Cloud, I feel like Dawson should want to avenge that loss. If Cloud wins, I'd love to see Dawson go ahead and finish what Campillo started.

I feel like Ward has unfinished business at 168 in Bute.

I think a Dawson/Ward fight is not going to be exciting.

It would make more sense to me if Ward had beaten Bute and thus taken out all the top competition at 168. Because then Ward has no other compelling fights at 168. AFter Kessler, Green, Bika, Abraham, Froch, and then Bute it would make no sense for him to keep fighting at 168.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next