The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Ward-Chad Dawson

+16
koolkc107
powerpuncher
NJBeatdown86
gomez1012
jz_hova
SlickMoney
nano212
kbyte
Diego408
Soonermark890
Shaun
Gumby
captainanddew
dmar5143
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Andre Ward-Chad Dawson - Page 2 Empty Re: Andre Ward-Chad Dawson

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:15 pm

I'd be fine with Ward vs. Dawson later in the year or early 2013 AFTER Ward has fought Bute.

I hope Showtime has options left on Ward because I'd pissed to see him jump ship to HBO without giving them the fight they signed Bute for.

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm

i also would like ward-bute first.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:20 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i also would like ward-bute first.

if Froch beats Bute, then Ward just needs to move up to 175 for the Dawson fight. No need for a Ward/Froch rematch.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:20 pm

dawson -ward a boring fight.probably..dawson against anyone i think will be boring.it is what it is.hes boring.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:22 pm

captainanddew wrote:

if Froch beats Bute, then Ward just needs to move up to 175 for the Dawson fight. No need for a Ward/Froch rematch.
..yes true and there will be a bute-froch rematch also..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:24 pm

captainanddew wrote:

I'd be fine with that as well, it makes sense unless Andre has the sadistic desire to give Kelly Pavlik a beatdown.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:24 pm

dmar5143 wrote:dawson -ward a boring fight.probably..dawson against anyone i think will be boring.it is what it is.hes boring.

dawson is passive. His fights against Tarver and Johnson made me angry.

he would come out win 3 rounds. Come round 4, he would be content to move and move and not take any damage and just kill a round. Then later in the fight he did the same thing.

Sometimes within rounds he is content to just not do jack shit. Against Tarver there was rounds that totally pissed me off. He would land the jab and some straight lefts in the first 2 mins of the rounds. Nothing to hurt Tarver, but decent shots. Then last minute of the rounds he would just kill the clock because he had the round in the bank already. So frustrating to watch.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I'd be fine with that as well, it makes sense unless Andre has the sadistic desire to give Kelly Pavlik a beatdown.

if Pavlik's people let him face anyone elite at 168 anytime soon, then they are idiots. Would be so much smarter to take this comeback very slow. Allow Kessler, Bute, Froch, Ward, to all get to 175, so that the division is weaker and then he could actually beat someone near the top.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:34 pm

captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

if Pavlik's people let him face anyone elite at 168 anytime soon, then they are idiots. Would be so much smarter to take this comeback very slow. Allow Kessler, Bute, Froch, Ward, to all get to 175, so that the division is weaker and then he could actually beat someone near the top.

Kessler is already moving to LHW.

Froch makes 168lb easily I don't see him moving up unless the right offer presents it self.

Bute will move up eventually.

Has Andre Dirrell moved up ? I always felt he was way too big for SMW.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:36 pm

captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Kessler is already moving to LHW.

Froch makes 168lb easily I don't see him moving up unless the right offer presents it self.

Bute will move up eventually.

Has Andre Dirrell moved up ? I always felt he was way too big for SMW.

Bute started his career with fights where he weighed 173 pounds. To me it seems that he started as an actual Light Heavy and those just werent' fights above the 168 limit (as is often the case, when no title guys who are campaigning at 168 will agree to 170 pounds as the limit).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Bute won't stay long at SMW if Ward moves up, there won't be alot of fights left in the division that will get him on American tv.

And there will always be the lure of a Pascal fight at LHW, that fight would sell out quickly in Canada.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Ali, again what part of Cloud-Pascal fighting each other and Froch-Bute fighting each other do you not understand?

Who should Ward and Dawson fight then if not each other?

I will not be shocked if Cleverly ends up fighting Hopkins over Dawson.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Ward easily beats Dawson.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:24 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Ali, again what part of Cloud-Pascal fighting each other and Froch-Bute fighting each other do you not understand?

Who should Ward and Dawson fight then if not each other?

I will not be shocked if Cleverly ends up fighting Hopkins over Dawson.

Froch vs Bute is next month, that hardly leaves Ward sitting around twiddling his thumbs.

Cloud vs. Pascal isn't set in stone yet, but it doesn't mean Chad can't unify while he waits for the winner.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Froch vs Bute is next month, that hardly leaves Ward sitting around twiddling his thumbs.

Cloud vs. Pascal isn't set in stone yet, but it doesn't mean Chad can't unify while he waits for the winner.

Ward hasn't fought since December. Depending how the fight goes, there is a rematch clause in Froch-Bute. So unless one of them beats the other so badily they don't ask for it, they'll be a rematch. Say Bute wins and Froch doesn't ask for a rematch. He'll want atleast 3 months prep time for Ward. So Ward will be in-active for almost a year.

And a shocker to nobody except maybe you Ali, they are still talking Hops-Cleverly over Dawson-Cleverly:

http://tinyurl.com/c7xlrpa
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:39 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Froch vs Bute is next month, that hardly leaves Ward sitting around twiddling his thumbs.

Ward hasn't fought since December. Depending how the fight goes, there is a rematch clause in Froch-Bute. So unless one of them beats the other so badily they don't ask for it, they'll be a rematch. Say Bute wins and Froch doesn't ask for a rematch. He'll want atleast 3 months prep time for Ward. So Ward will be in-active for almost a year.

And a shocker to nobody except maybe you Ali, they are still talking Hops-Cleverly over Dawson-Cleverly:

Ward has earned a rest after the Super Six.

To my knowledge there is only going to be a rematch if Froch pulls off the upset. It would be pretty pointless to have a rematch in Canada if Bute beats Froch next month.

Despite Hopkins age and attitude he's still an extremely risky fight for Cleverly but Frank needs this sort of opponent to keep Nathan happy now. And he also needs a big opponent to try and lure more people to subscribe to his crappy pay channel Boxnantion.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Ward has earned a rest after the Super Six.

To my knowledge there is only going to be a rematch if Froch pulls off the upset. It would be pretty pointless to have a rematch in Canada if Bute beats Froch next month.

Despite Hopkins age and attitude he's still an extremely risky fight for Cleverly but Frank needs this sort of opponent to keep Nathan happy now. And he also needs a big opponent to try and lure more people to subscribe to his crappy pay channel Boxnantion.

why is boxnation crappy??? Doesn't it show alot of fights???

HBO and Showtime in the US isn't cheap. Boxing, dexter, homeland on showtime is all I watch. Bill maher, boardwalk empire, game of thrones, and boxing is all I watch on HBO. These motherfuckers fleece me for the amount of hours I watch. Their movies suck-crappy movies and they replay the same few movies into the damn ground.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Poor commentators, awful production qualities, no HD and the fact it's more expensive than ESPN.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Ali wrote:Poor commentators, awful production qualities, no HD and the fact it's more expensive than ESPN.

espn is part of cable packages here.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:Poor commentators, awful production qualities, no HD and the fact it's more expensive than ESPN.

ESPN is a subscriber channel over here, it's £5 a month for ESPN, ESPN America and ESPN Classic, the only reason I have it is because it's the UK home of the UFC. It's a great channel if you love your sports though, it shows some premier league games, NBA, MLB, NHL and alot of other soccer from around the world.

Boxnation is £10 a month. I refuse to order it because it's poor and because my Satellite bill is already about £80 a month.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

ESPN is a subscriber channel over here, it's £5 a month for ESPN, ESPN America and ESPN Classic, the only reason I have it is because it's the UK home of the UFC. It's a great channel if you love your sports though, it shows some premier league games, NBA, MLB, NHL and alot of other soccer from around the world.

Boxnation is £10 a month. I refuse to order it because it's poor and because my Satellite bill is already about £80 a month.

that much a month? WOW. Does that include internet?? I get internet, home phone, and cable with HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, The Movie Channel, and Stars, for 110 dollars in Richmond, Virginia.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:41 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

that much a month? WOW. Does that include internet?? I get internet, home phone, and cable with HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, The Movie Channel, and Stars, for 110 dollars in Richmond, Virginia.

No we looked into getting Sky broadband but it wasn't available in my area.

My bill is quite expensive because we have two HD DVR devices, one for the living room and one in my room, plus we get almost all of the channels.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue May 01, 2012 3:58 am

dmar5143 wrote:read what grant said.hes correct.cloud is fighting pasqual and if its ward hes a better fighter then thoses 2 guys.again is he the real champ or not.if you say not then your insulting every intelligent poster on here.that corrects.and screw a spacebar.i cant type and it takes time to do this.
either you respect the man who beat the man as the champ.if not then watch mma or ufc or whatever that bullshit is and leave comments to boxing fans who actualy know what there talking about..

This is the funniest thing written in this entire thread. If you all missed it it's comic gold. Thank you Dmar. I've gotten used to your unique posting style.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue May 01, 2012 10:58 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:read what grant said.hes correct.cloud is fighting pasqual and if its ward hes a better fighter then thoses 2 guys.again is he the real champ or not.if you say not then your insulting every intelligent poster on here.that corrects.and screw a spacebar.i cant type and it takes time to do this.
either you respect the man who beat the man as the champ.if not then watch mma or ufc or whatever that bullshit is and leave comments to boxing fans who actualy know what there talking about..

This is the funniest thing written in this entire thread. If you all missed it it's comic gold. Thank you Dmar. I've gotten used to your unique posting style.
I got used to it back at ESPN. I dont really notice it anymore to be honest.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Andre Ward-Chad Dawson - Page 2 Empty Jim Lampley announced that Dawson is fighting Ward on HBO

Post  Diego408 Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:05 pm

In September for Andre Wards 168 lineal title. Looks like Dawson is dropping weight.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next