The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

showtime championship boxing thread

+10
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
Diego408
Norm1023
powerpuncher
EnragedSlayer
UBeeg9cats
GrantZilla
Rum Capital
captainanddew
14 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

showtime championship boxing thread - Page 8 Empty Re: showtime championship boxing thread

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:57 am

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Today we saw another robbery and a guy that will never make a dent in a divison again, both made boxing look bad on tv again. I never said I was right about Bradley and one thing has zero to fucking do with the other. Bradley tripled his goddamn worth in bitching out meaning he knew something all the armchair experts didn't. Hes an opponent not a headliner. Its different because of that. Its still Pacquiaos fight, people will watch for Pacquiao people wouldnt and don't care about Bradley and would care less about him fighting Khan.

this is true

How is it true? Willaims took a lesser fighter to line himself up for bigger paydays. Bradley sat out to line himself up for bigger paydays. Seems pretty similar to me.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

showtime championship boxing thread - Page 8 Empty Re: showtime championship boxing thread

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:24 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Today we saw another robbery and a guy that will never make a dent in a divison again, both made boxing look bad on tv again. I never said I was right about Bradley and one thing has zero to fucking do with the other. Bradley tripled his goddamn worth in bitching out meaning he knew something all the armchair experts didn't. Hes an opponent not a headliner. Its different because of that. Its still Pacquiaos fight, people will watch for Pacquiao people wouldnt and don't care about Bradley and would care less about him fighting Khan.

this is true

How is it true? Willaims took a lesser fighter to line himself up for bigger paydays. Bradley sat out to line himself up for bigger paydays. Seems pretty similar to me.

Bradley ducked Khan to fight Paquiao. Pacquiao is not the lesser fighter. Pacquiao is either 1 or 2 in the world and the second biggest draw in boxing. Ishida is a japanese nobody. There is nothing similiar and no comparison to be made here. Bradley sat out and hit the lottery Paul williams looks bad against a journeyman japanese fighter after getting victimized against Martinez and beat up against Lara.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:28 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Bradley ducked Khan to fight Paquiao. Pacquiao is not the lesser fighter. Pacquiao is either 1 or 2 in the world and the second biggest draw in boxing. Ishida is a japanese nobody. There is nothing similiar and no comparison to be made here. Bradley sat out and hit the lottery Paul williams looks bad against a journeyman japanese fighter after getting victimized against Martinez and beat up against Lara.

Actually Bradly ducked Khan then fought a totaly shot Casa
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:30 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

Are you just not reading my posts? Bradley skipped 1.4+ million to get 5+ million. Williams might've been able to land a slightly bigger fight than Ishida but went with him so he could land another fight. I NEVER said Pac was a lesser fighter. Bradley skipped the Khan fight to land a bigger fight. He did not want to take a chance on a loss. Williams fought a sure thing because he did not want to take a chance on a loss. Williams was done with a loss. Now he will get another payday. We will see if it works out for Williams which I bet it does with Haymon in his corner.

One last time: Bradley and Williams took less risk up front to try and make more money later. Exact same principle.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:42 am

Im reading your posts. You are speaking on two different principles. Williams can extend his career all he wants fighting shit bum nobodies, i just don't need to pay 12 bucks a month to see it as the fucking headliner on a double header card. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Its not like williams has options by the way. What are his options at 54 or 60? Please tell me. Who is calling him out? What does a fight like this do for his ranking win or
Lose? Where is Bradley win or lose? If he wins hes king he loses he gets Khan.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:48 am

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Exactly he sat out and hit the lottery. He beat that pothead up. I watched the fight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:54 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Im reading your posts. You are speaking on two different principles. Williams can extend his career all he wants fighting shit bum nobodies, i just don't need to pay 12 bucks a month to see it as the fucking headliner on a double header card. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Its not like williams has options by the way. What are his options at 54 or 60? Please tell me. Who is calling him out? What does a fight like this do for his ranking win or

And now you are making my point for me. Thank you. I said he was matched properly and is making more money fighting Ishida and getting multiple paydays. You now are admitting he had nowhere else to go before this fight. I'm sure he made a nice chunk of change tonight. You are the one with 2 different principles. You are looking at Williams through the eyes of the networks and/or fans but looking at Bradley through the eyes of his moneymaking ability and/or management. Whether you want to see it or not does not matter to Williams's bank account. He got paid regardless if you thought it was a horrible fight. No one is calling him out and that is why he needed to fight so he could call them out and make himself a viable opponent. Pac never called out Bradley either. He had to settle for him after the Mayweather and Cotto options went away. With a win, Paul became a viable opponent to all the names he mentioned. With a loss which was not going to happen, he got a tv payday before retiring. How did the loss treat Oscar, Hatton, and Clottey? How did the fight treat Margarito's health? I don't think he lands Khan with a loss. Its a possibility but Khan has new business and plenty of GBP fighters at welter. What other welters are with Top Rank? Alvarado?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:56 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Exactly he sat out and hit the lottery. He beat that pothead up. I watched the fight.

So fighting Casa who was completely spent and coming off no significant wins was worthy of part of your $55 but Willaims fighting Ishida was not worth part of $12 that you get a month of movies and some shobox with?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:56 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Im reading your posts. You are speaking on two different principles. Williams can extend his career all he wants fighting shit bum nobodies, i just don't need to pay 12 bucks a month to see it as the fucking headliner on a double header card. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Its not like williams has options by the way. What are his options at 54 or 60? Please tell me. Who is calling him out? What does a fight like this do for his ranking win or

Same bullshit potilitics. Don't fight a tough rank opponent, go fight a bum and wait for a payday.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:14 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

So fighting Casa who was completely spent and coming off no significant wins was worthy of part of your $55 but Willaims fighting Ishida was not worth part of $12 that you get a month of movies and some shobox with?

No it wasn't, I thought it was bullshit and got the PPV for free at work anyway, we can pull it down off of a Remote here and I watched it on my break. I haven't paid for a PPV since Pac Hatton. It wasn't worth it at all. I DO NOT CONDONE WHAT BRADLEY DID. Arum made that happen and had Bradley's ear which is why Bradley ducked Khan. My point in the thread bumping is that you, me Grant and everyone else do not know the business of boxing and what drives it. I'm also not blaming Williams here I'm blaming Showtime. Cloud Campillo should have been the headliner. If this Ishida fight leads Williams to five million dollar payday I'll shut my mouth... it won't and its shit to throw this fight on a Saturday night as a showtime headliner.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:19 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:

And now you are making my point for me. Thank you. I said he was matched properly and is making more money fighting Ishida and getting multiple paydays. You now are admitting he had nowhere else to go before this fight. I'm sure he made a nice chunk of change tonight. You are the one with 2 different principles. You are looking at Williams through the eyes of the networks and/or fans but looking at Bradley through the eyes of his moneymaking ability and/or management. Whether you want to see it or not does not matter to Williams's bank account. He got paid regardless if you thought it was a horrible fight. No one is calling him out and that is why he needed to fight so he could call them out and make himself a viable opponent. Pac never called out Bradley either. He had to settle for him after the Mayweather and Cotto options went away. With a win, Paul became a viable opponent to all the names he mentioned. With a loss which was not going to happen, he got a tv payday before retiring. How did the loss treat Oscar, Hatton, and Clottey? How did the fight treat Margarito's health? I don't think he lands Khan with a loss. Its a possibility but Khan has new business and plenty of GBP fighters at welter. What other welters are with Top Rank? Alvarado?

What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm not admitting anything. Of course he had nowhere else to go. If I was Williams this is the fight I take as well, it shouldn't be on showtime, it should be on FNF or an undercard on showtime. Hatton's drug problem and training regimen ended him, Oscar was a part time fighter and Clottey as explained in other posts slipped fell and broke his wrists and the only victory he had on his resume was a fat spent Corrales and past prime Judah. Again, Pacquiao doesn't have to call people out and Bradley is the OPPONENT!!!! Not the headliner and he's getting 5 million.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:23 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:My point in the thread bumping is that you, me Grant and everyone else do not know the business of boxing and what drives it.

Yeah we do. None of us are ignorant on the bullshit backroom crap that goes on. In Bradly case, he lucked into landing Pac. As already said, if Cotto agreed on the weight, Bradly be fighting nobody right now. He was the last option since he brings nothing to the table. Why Mayweather was never going to fight him.

What Bradly did is not different then what going on with Williams. Fight easy fight and wait for a payday. Same thing Arreola doing. Fight cans until can get a Klit payday.

What annoyed me the most when Bradly bitched out of fighting Khan is people on here praising Bradly for doing it. If going to praise Bradly then where is the prase guys like Williams "smart business" move fighting cans.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:27 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:

JMM and Mike Jones are both signed to Top Rank and both nice fights for Bradley in house.

Khan has Paulie, Floyd, Ortiz and Maidana and Mathysse at Golden Boy. Khan Bradley is what we'll see if Khan wins and Bradley loses.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 am

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:My point in the thread bumping is that you, me Grant and everyone else do not know the business of boxing and what drives it.

Yeah we do. None of us are ignorant on the bullshit backroom crap that goes on. In Bradly case, he lucked into landing Pac. As already said, if Cotto agreed on the weight, Bradly be fighting nobody right now. He was the last option since he brings nothing to the table. Why Mayweather was never going to fight him.

What Bradly did is not different then what going on with Williams. Fight easy fight and wait for a payday. Same thing Arreola doing. Fight cans until can get a Klit payday.

What annoyed me the most when Bradly bitched out of fighting Khan is people on here praising Bradly for doing it. If going to praise Bradly then where is the prase guys like Williams "smart business" move fighting cans.

Nobody is praising Bradley, I just see now why he did it. If we knew so much then we would have seen this coming. It's not as lucky as you think it is if he "risked" all that to then get 5 million. You don't know as much as you think you do. I know that I don't know the backroom BS. I've never been in that backroom, I can assume what goes on but I'm not privy to Bob Arum's business process and what he has planned. He's built a 100 million dollar empire from the ground up by fooling the likes of us. I repeat I would have done the same if I was either fighter I just don't like it. Why can't you guys differentiate when someone understands the reason someone does something and someone outright supporting the decision?

Bradley wouldn't have JMM right now?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:55 am

Not saying we all know exactly the extent of the backroom deals. But we know how the game is played.

It was a risk by Bradly. What if Cotto agreed on the weight. Who would he be fighting? He's with TR now, so fuck fighting Khan now. Mayweather never going to fight him since he brings nothing to the table, and because with Arum.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 am

GrantZilla wrote:Not saying we all know exactly the extent of the backroom deals. But we know how the game is played.

It was a risk by Bradly. What if Cotto agreed on the weight. Who would he be fighting? He's with TR now, so fuck fighting Khan now. Mayweather never going to fight him since he brings nothing to the table, and because with Arum.

JMM and/or Mike Jones for 1.4 million on a Pac card or Headline WCB HBO card. That is what I assume Arum promised Bradley to get him to duck Khan and fuck Oscar and Golden Boy.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:47 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:JMM and/or Mike Jones for 1.4 million on a Pac card or Headline WCB HBO card. That is what I assume Arum promised Bradley to get him to duck Khan and fuck Oscar and Golden Boy.

Yeah, and it's the same bullshit going on with Williams. Hayman is doing the same shit as Arum. Pay Williams a hunk of change headlining a Showtime fight against a medicre fighter.

It's complete bullshit and boxing's fucked up economics. Guys like Williams, Berto, Bradly getting paid millions and headlining HBO, Showtime, and PPV fights when they can't draw nobody to see them fight.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:17 am

Still can't beleive the scorecards for Cloud. How is this shit not investigated? How can a guy like David Robertson who scored last night's fight 116-110 for Cloud not be called in by "athletic" commission and explain himself on how the fuck he came up with that score?

Why the fuck are we paying taxes for these commissions when they can't do shit?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:42 am

Was Campillo really robbed ?

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:56 am

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Was Campillo really robbed ?

It was a close fight because Cloud scored two KDs in the first round and Campillo got cocky at the end instead of making a final statment on the last two rounds.

But the scorecards were a disgrace. Especally Robertson's 116-110 for Cloud. You can not even call a scorecard like that incompetance or lack of expirance.

Guys like him that put up those kind of scorecards should not only never be allowed to judge a fight again, but be audited
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 am

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:JMM and/or Mike Jones for 1.4 million on a Pac card or Headline WCB HBO card. That is what I assume Arum promised Bradley to get him to duck Khan and fuck Oscar and Golden Boy.

Yeah, and it's the same bullshit going on with Williams. Hayman is doing the same shit as Arum. Pay Williams a hunk of change headlining a Showtime fight against a medicre fighter.

It's complete bullshit and boxing's fucked up economics. Guys like Williams, Berto, Bradly getting paid millions and headlining HBO, Showtime, and PPV fights when they can't draw nobody to see them fight.

OK, but do you see why I'm saying Bradley isn't "Lucky" to get the fight. This was his incentive to sign. He ducked Khan which was unpopular with us, but Uncle Bob is going to take care of him if he does.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:32 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:The result of the Cloud fight sucked but Campillo shouldn't have taken the last 2 rounds off against the named fighter with a dirty promoter. Fight all 12 rounds and he wins. Williams can and very well might factor in 154 soon. You say Bradley tripled his worth by fighting Pac and you are right. However, Williams also probably came close to tripling his worth. He could land a bigger fight like a Chavez or Canelo now. If he fights Kirkland for probably not much more money than Ishida and gets KO'ed, he would retire. He would've been worthless after a weaker payday. This is making Williams and more importantly Haymon money so it is the way they will go.
Campillo didn't take the last round off. He was fine in the 11th until Cloud got called over to see the Dr. and came back like a maniac.

Williams is absolutely a factor in the division. Ability-wise I think he's still around the best at 154, he's the most accomplished, and most experienced. Not that he knows how to form a gameplan, but he won't get phased by the pressure of a big fight. JCC Jr. must be pumped to have a guy who split fights with Sergio, is coveted by HBO, and is not a true 160lber calling him out. I expect that fight to get made.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Bradley played the game and got lucky. He sat and the right guys lost and other fights couldn't get made so now he's getting paid. It's similar to contract disputes in other sports. You can sit and see if you'll get paid or you can go out and play and risk injury. Sitting is more sensible and playing is more honorable. However, I think what you do defines your character and your career.

Williams situation is comparable to Bradley's. He's saying he wants to fight a big name fighter. He's done enough to be in consideration as an opponent for those fighters (even though he's not the most deserving or the highest performing at the moment). There's a chance that if he sits, one of the guys he called out will fight him. If he beats the winner of Kirkland v. Molina or beat Lara in a rematch, he would likely be able to dictate who he fights, but he has the option to do nothing and get rewarded.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Gumby wrote:Bradley played the game and got lucky. He sat and the right guys lost and other fights couldn't get made so now he's getting paid. It's similar to contract disputes in other sports. You can sit and see if you'll get paid or you can go out and play and risk injury. Sitting is more sensible and playing is more honorable. However, I think what you do defines your character and your career.

Williams situation is comparable to Bradley's. He's saying he wants to fight a big name fighter. He's done enough to be in consideration as an opponent for those fighters (even though he's not the most deserving or the highest performing at the moment). There's a chance that if he sits, one of the guys he called out will fight him. If he beats the winner of Kirkland v. Molina or beat Lara in a rematch, he would likely be able to dictate who he fights, but he has the option to do nothing and get rewarded.

thats just the sport now a days, its all about who your connected with
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8