The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

showtime championship boxing thread

+10
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
Diego408
Norm1023
powerpuncher
EnragedSlayer
UBeeg9cats
GrantZilla
Rum Capital
captainanddew
14 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

showtime championship boxing thread - Page 6 Empty Re: showtime championship boxing thread

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:22 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Canvas wrote:Cloud feels he won. Shame on him. Disgusting robbery. Boxing deserves to be niche.
i dont mind saying he thought he won but saying that campillo cant take a punch and is a decent fighter is dumb.

Its hard to admit you lost if you are competitive natured. He stayed in it mentally. He got 3 points in the first round and only needed 4 more rounds for a draw. Campillo should know about bad decisions.

Yeah, but to say no rematch and to talk shit about Campillo is stupid. I've seen plenty of fighters who think they won who don't say moronic shit.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

showtime championship boxing thread - Page 6 Empty Re: showtime championship boxing thread

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:22 am

captainanddew wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:watching this fight, i think dawson whoops cloud.

I agree. I think I posted that stylistically Dawson was wrong for Cloud during this fight. If Cloud doesn't hurt dawson bad in the first couple of rounds, Dawson will jab, straight left, and turn Cloud all night.

Sooner thinks that Cloud is obviously tops in the division. I've literally been saying that Cloud is overrated since the first time I saw him.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:24 am

captainanddew wrote:Showtime's judge, Giampa- has Campillo up 86-83.

He points out 2 judges for this fight haven't done a title fight???

WTF!!!!

Giampa said something like this during the fight and after the fight he said it was 1 title fight for 1 judge, 0 for another. Those are the 2 judges that scored the fight for Cloud.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:26 am

captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Canvas wrote:Cloud feels he won. Shame on him. Disgusting robbery. Boxing deserves to be niche.
i dont mind saying he thought he won but saying that campillo cant take a punch and is a decent fighter is dumb.

Its hard to admit you lost if you are competitive natured. He stayed in it mentally. He got 3 points in the first round and only needed 4 more rounds for a draw. Campillo should know about bad decisions.

Yeah, but to say no rematch and to talk shit about Campillo is stupid. I've seen plenty of fighters who think they won who don't say moronic shit.

I agree with you. IBF is the best of the ABC's (please kill me now for having to say that) so I believe the rematch will happen. Campillo won more rounds even on the official judges cards so Cloud is delusional for downplaying him.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:28 am

captainanddew wrote:

Giampa said something like this during the fight and after the fight he said it was 1 title fight for 1 judge, 0 for another. Those are the 2 judges that scored the fight for Cloud.

Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:30 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

I agree with you. IBF is the best of the ABC's (please kill me now for having to say that) so I believe the rematch will happen. Campillo won more rounds even on the official judges cards so Cloud is delusional for downplaying him.

why was there 2 judges who had so little experience at this level? A former beltholder fighting a current beltholder for his title. On Showtime. And there is 2 judges who have almost zero experience with title fights.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:31 am

Chisora Haye brawl on youtube:

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:32 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I agree. I think I posted that stylistically Dawson was wrong for Cloud during this fight. If Cloud doesn't hurt dawson bad in the first couple of rounds, Dawson will jab, straight left, and turn Cloud all night.

Sooner thinks that Cloud is obviously tops in the division. I've literally been saying that Cloud is overrated since the first time I saw him.

And qdagoverner who sucked Cloud for 3 years and only showed up when Pascal beat Dawson with an"I told u so" thread.

Where he at now???
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:32 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:Chisora Haye brawl on youtube:

chris mannix's tweets on it, make it seem like Chisora is one evil motherfucker.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:34 am

Can't justify 116-110 score. That was made before the fight even started
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:35 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

that's just because you are a dawson hugger
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:35 am

GrantZilla wrote:Can't justify 116-110 score. That was made before the fight even started

that was an absolute joke.

Bernstein just pointed out PW's cup. Holy shit it is way too high.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:37 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Understandable, but to denigrate your opponent like he did is bullshit. He is one dimensional and does a ton wrong. He gets picked apart by Dawson and Hopkins. I think Froch and Dawson moving up would beat him as well.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:38 am

Rum Capital wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

that's just because you are a dawson hugger

That doesn't have anything to do with Cloud.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:42 am

pretty good fight so far. i have it 3-0 for williams but ishida did hurt williams with a punch that round.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:44 am

those crazy Brits.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:46 am

4-0 for williams. its not that williams is easily winning each rounds but he is throwing more and landing a little more.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:47 am

powerpuncher wrote:4-0 for williams. its not that williams is easily winning each rounds but he is throwing more and landing a little more.

He doesn't look good doing so.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:48 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:4-0 for williams. its not that williams is easily winning each rounds but he is throwing more and landing a little more.

why didn't Lara get a rematch?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:49 am

can we get rid of Gus Johnson? Please.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:50 am

captainanddew wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Because of what Martinez did in the rematch, Williams can't afford another KO.

Last edited by hardcorebee24 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:51 am

captainanddew wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

why would williams want that? he doesnt want to get embarrassed again.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:54 am

Williams looks a little tired and discouraged
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:59 am

As long as something unforeseen doesn't happen in the rest of this fight, where can Williams go from here? Could he get the Kirkland-Molina winner? Would he want him?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:00 am

William Detloff argued on ringtv.com in an article a couple of years ago that volume punchers burned out early. He had a list of examples. Jeff Fenech, Ray Mancini, Ricky Hatton, Juan Diaz, etc...

What does a volume puncher have to fall back on? Not outboxing guys, not big punchers and KOing guys. Guys that just train their ass off and try to outwork you.

PW is 30, he's taken alot of shots, been KO'd violently. He can still fight, but he is likely no longer near the top of any division he will campaign in.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next