The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHOULD THE FORUM HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP POLICY

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SHOULD THE FORUM HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP POLICY Empty SHOULD THE FORUM HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP POLICY

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:17 pm

we have our immortals and other things because this is a excellent and serious forum on boxing.i think as a suggestion we should have a solid senible policy on what we recognize and who we recognize as champs..as a suggestion ill give my thoughts.first it should be along the lines of ring magazines policy but not a rubber stamp of there policy which ill explain latter.2.we should state we dont believe nor agree with the commisions of having 3 to 5 champs in the same division.there is either one true champ or a vacant title.2.we dont believe in manditories since they usealy are pets of a commision on under the table bribe or a semi-stiff winner of a fight between 2 stiffs.3.we believe championships are won and lost in the ring only or by a touney if a champ retires or moves up in weight and abandons the division.4.we recognize the ring belt as the real championship belt.5.we endorse mostly notice the word mostly rings policy of declaring a champ if the titles vacant with there number 1 or 2 guy fighting with one exception..if a tourney is put together with the top fighters in that division per rings ratings and the title is vacant then the winner of that tourney we will recognize as champ even if ring does not...my reasoning is this.the 168 pound division has the best in the world outside brute..for one reason or another hes excluded.this should not be a reason to penilize the winner..the 118 pounds have the same thing except for whatever reason moreno isexcluded..hes rings number 2 why i dont know but 5 or 6 is the best he deserves...if a tourney has 4 or 6 fighters in it and there the best and one of the guys missing is rings top 1 or 2 well lets consider him unavalible and move on in recognizing a champ..finaly we recognize as the offical ratings of boxing ring magazine..ok guys your thoughts.

Last edited by dmar5143 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

SHOULD THE FORUM HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP POLICY Empty Re: SHOULD THE FORUM HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP POLICY

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:19 pm

I like it

How about only using the 8 original division?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

SHOULD THE FORUM HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP POLICY Empty Re: SHOULD THE FORUM HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP POLICY

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:23 pm

thats up for disgussion i guess..the 140 pound division has been around 70 plus years.i think thats a must as well as cruizer since it was created out of neccesity like the LH division was years ago..thoses 2 i feel are legit..the 168 pounder is questionable the rest are useless bullshit..

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:23 pm

yeh this will make all the difference in the boxing world. i wonder who listens....

it's not like any of us really credit these trinkets. we know who the best fighters are and what's really going on so i think this seems like a lot of effort that will change nothing.

great idea though

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:24 pm

dmar5143 wrote:thats up for disgussion i guess..the 140 pound division has been around 70 plus years.i think thats a must as well as cruizer since it was created out of neccesity like the LH division was years ago..thoses 2 i feel are legit..the 168 pounder is questionable the rest are useless bullshit..

good points
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:28 pm

how can you say the 168lb weight class is questionable??? is the deepest stacked division in World Boxing right now, it's giving us great fights and fights to look forward to and it is producing some of the World's best talents p4p.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:30 pm

dbudge wrote:how can you say the 168lb weight class is questionable??? is the deepest stacked division in World Boxing right now, it's giving us great fights and fights to look forward to and it is producing some of the World's best talents p4p.
...they could be considered light heavies is what i mean..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:34 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
dbudge wrote:how can you say the 168lb weight class is questionable??? is the deepest stacked division in World Boxing right now, it's giving us great fights and fights to look forward to and it is producing some of the World's best talents p4p.

they could be considered light heavies is what i mean..

I agree with that
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:40 pm

light welterweights could be considered welterweights

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:46 pm

dbudge wrote:light welterweights could be considered welterweights

140, 168, and Cruiserweight have a good history even though they arent as old as the other divisions

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:46 pm

How about we just make a list of who we feel is the real champ of each division & leave all the rest of that crap out. It will be interesting to see the differences just on this board.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:51 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:How about we just make a list of who we feel is the real champ of each division & leave all the rest of that crap out. It will be interesting to see the differences just on this board.

+1 simple enough
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:52 pm

the problem is that the majority of the divisions have no genuine champion

we should definitely have our own ranking systems though that are vote based

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:57 pm

You know my stance, Ring/linear.

As for SM tournament, can you claim the winner is Champ without fighting Bute? Same with the Bantam tournament. How can you claim they are Champ without fighting Donaire. I'm betting the tournament winner takes the # 2 spot over Moreno
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:00 pm

actualy a policy if adopted isnt crap.maybe the forum is a small voice that little would be heared about but its a start..example a few voices started in egypt..on the 168 pounders i dont have a problem with that being a real division especialy if they have same day weigh inns.same day weight inns give all the divisions as mentioned outside of HW real legitimacy.i personaly would include the 168 pound division and would like to see the LH weight change to 178..whos the real champ..as of today ill agree with who ring mag says is the real champ and then the winners of 118 and 168 tourneys even if ring says no..im my thoughts only pac nor berto are not the real WW champ.if they both fight ill recognize the winner is champ and forget the other 4 or so beltholders..lineal champ is real.commision created champs by striping a champ and saying the winner of this fight is a new champ is total nonsence and with not an once of legitimacy..example is some here thinks sergio martinez is not the middleweight champ there dead wrong and part of the reason these commisions survive.i doubt anyone here feels sergio isnt the champ..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:02 pm

My vote/picks for champ

HW - Wlad
Cruiserweight - Steve Cunningham, tough choice but he has the win over Huck
175 - Pascal
168 - Ward's the guy right now
MW - Martinez
154 - fuck idk... Sergei D, Im not picking Cotto
147 - Manny
140 - Bradley
135 - Marquez
130 - Ricky Burns. Although I like Takashi Uchiyama
126 - Chris John
122 - Toshiaki Nishioka, check the resume
118 - Donaire
115 - Hugo Cazares, Omar Narvaez has the longest reign but he's fought nobodies
112 - Pongsaklek Wonjongkam w/out a doubt
108 - Giovanni Segura
105 - Nkosinathi Joyi
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:04 pm

GrantZilla wrote:You know my stance, Ring/linear.

As for SM tournament, can you claim the winner is Champ without fighting Bute? Same with the Bantam tournament. How can you claim they are Champ without fighting Donaire. I'm betting the tournament winner takes the # 2 spot over Moreno
..yes you can declare a winner..i dont know why brute wasnt in the tourney but lets consider him unavalible.then that falls into rings policy..whenever you have the 1 3 4 and 5 guys fighting in a tourney that gives it a lot of credibity..moreno is one of ring mags rare mistakes..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:06 pm

donaire is in the tourney as of now..his legal problems are his fault and not boxings.unfortunetly.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:11 pm

SM winner will fight Bute. Why Showtime made a deal with Bute.

The only thing I can see changing as far as Ring Champs is at Welter. Mayweather technically is the linear and former Ring champ. He lost the Ring belt when he "retired" And now he's pretty much semi retired. This is one of the rare cases where I agree with ignoring the linear champ. When said Champ makes themselves irrelevant in the division. By either fighting total bum or not at all
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:18 pm

grant your not ignoring the lineal champ.when floyd said im retired thats it then hes retired weather he ment it or not.then he came back but the title is vacant.hes a ex lineal champ now no different when joe louis retired.louis ment it but came back in about the same amount of time as floyd and ring and others recognized charles as the champ due to a agreeded upon elimination fight by everyone..floyd is now a contender for a vacant crown.your correct in your thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:22 pm

dmar5143 wrote:actualy a policy if adopted isnt crap.maybe the forum is a small voice that little would be heared about but its a start..example a few voices started in egypt..on the 168 pounders i dont have a problem with that being a real division especialy if they have same day weigh inns.same day weight inns give all the divisions as mentioned outside of HW real legitimacy.i personaly would include the 168 pound division and would like to see the LH weight change to 178..whos the real champ..as of today ill agree with who ring mag says is the real champ and then the winners of 118 and 168 tourneys even if ring says no..im my thoughts only pac nor berto are not the real WW champ.if they both fight ill recognize the winner is champ and forget the other 4 or so beltholders..lineal champ is real.commision created champs by striping a champ and saying the winner of this fight is a new champ is total nonsence and with not an once of legitimacy..example is some here thinks sergio martinez is not the middleweight champ there dead wrong and part of the reason these commisions survive.i doubt anyone here feels sergio isnt the champ..
Sorry...I thought you were just trying to gauge the opinions of this board as to who the true champs are in each weight class. I didn't realize you were trying to overthrow the boxing government....LOL!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:24 pm

lol lol yep.lets overthrow the commsions..i got my baseball bat ready.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Yeah, just saying on rare occasions I'm fine with ignoring the linear title. Like at Light HW when The Ring crowned Jones Jr. No denying he was the best and legit champ in the division. He easily beat the guys that went on to claim the linear title. And there was no way a protected bum beater like Erdi would ever fight Jones.

To me, the linear title can become irrelevant when all the fighters that claim it face total stiffs. Say Sturm had the linear title, can any say he's the real Champ over Martinez?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:57 pm

i dont understand what your saying grant.1.lineal is lineal.theres only one that has claim to that.others have claim to a title yes like strum but its not lineal.if strum had the lineal title then yes we can claim and rightly so hes champ over martinez because your saying a what IF.the what if being that strum not martinez for the sake of disgussion is the real lineal champ.then we must recognize him as such.its not whos the best fighter but whos the champ..for example braddock was the lineal and real champ.joe louis was the number 1 contender...louis may be recognized by all as the best fighter but not as champ.its braddock untill someone beats him..the man who beat the man when he was the man.thats what braddock did..louis did not untill he fought jimmy..or when baldimor was the real liuneal champ.he may of been the seventh best in the division but non the less the real champ..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:00 pm

theres not 4 or 5 lineal champs in a division..i think you confused yourself on this one and ment belt holders instead of lineal...you cant cheapen the lineal champ like the commisions do with there champ beltholders.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next