The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

showtime championship boxing thread

+10
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
Diego408
Norm1023
powerpuncher
EnragedSlayer
UBeeg9cats
GrantZilla
Rum Capital
captainanddew
14 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

showtime championship boxing thread Empty showtime championship boxing thread

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:09 pm

undercard bouts on showtime extreme.
Releford vs Malik Scott

Scott was known as a guy with some talent, but he disappeared for a couple of years. He is only 225 whereas he used to be soft.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

showtime championship boxing thread Empty Re: showtime championship boxing thread

Post  Rum Capital Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:09 pm

good body work by scott
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

showtime championship boxing thread Empty Re: showtime championship boxing thread

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Rum Capital wrote:good body work by scott

I saw Scott fight years ago and he has some talent. Now he is in very good shape and his hands are still pretty quick. He definitely needs to win this fight, and then get back in the ring very soon.

Good combinations by Scott. The uppercut is crisp and quick.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:25 pm

gotta like arreola. he's trying soooo hard not to cuss. he looks in good shape.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Got to find a stream because Showtime is gay and delay shit on the West Coast instead of airing it live.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Malik Scott-even after 3 years off, is one of the best American HWs.

SAD.

But honestly, there is only Tony Thompson, Cris Arreola, Seth Mitchell, Malik Scott, and a few other semi-decent guys.

VERY SAD.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Malik Scott-known for producing 80-72 scorecards against journeymen, went out and beat the journeyman, 80-72.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Arreola got stunned by a shot from Molina and then Arreola takes 10 seconds to get his bearings back and he proceeds to destroy Molina.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:57 pm

arreola is still fat. He should be 241 pounds about as much as I should be 220lbs.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:00 pm

arreola is still cussing. said he likes getting hit and after he got hit in this fight, he was like, oh shit, time to go to work.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:03 pm

wow, arreola gave a shoutout to his people, then he said,

"when I was a kid I wanted to meet don king. but don king is a fucking asshole and a racist". Then Jim Gray says we are not going to go there, cuts him off, and apologizes to the tv audience.

ARREOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Jim Grey is the biggest asshole covering boxing. Fucking hate the guy
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:07 pm

captainanddew wrote:wow, arreola gave a shoutout to his people, then he said,

"when I was a kid I wanted to meet don king. but don king is a fucking asshole and a racist". Then Jim Gray says we are not going to go there, cuts him off, and apologizes to the tv audience.

Don King is no saint but does anyone know what Arreola is specifically referring to?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm

wow Lopez, a guy that fought Pavlik pretty well last year, just got dropped hard.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:15 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
captainanddew wrote:wow, arreola gave a shoutout to his people, then he said,

Don King is no saint but does anyone know what Arreola is specifically referring to?

no idea. I'm sure if the reasons aren't out there, they will be reported in the next few days.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:17 pm

captainanddew wrote:wow Lopez, a guy that fought Pavlik pretty well last year, just got dropped hard.

Lopez 22-2 and fought Pavlik for 12 rounds.

Williams who is facing him is something like 3-5-2 or something and had Lopez hurt bad end of round 2 and stunned Lopez again in round 3.
Crazyness!!!!!!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:19 pm

steve kim said on twitter that Don King uttered the term "wetback" at the weigh in.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:21 pm

captainanddew wrote:Malik Scott-even after 3 years off, is one of the best American HWs.

SAD.

But honestly, there is only Tony Thompson, Cris Arreola, Seth Mitchell, Malik Scott, and a few other semi-decent guys.

VERY SAD.
i agree the guy's fun to watch. not a ko artist but he stands there and trades...very entertaining fighter.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:22 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:Don King is no saint but does anyone know what Arreola is specifically referring to?

"We even brought in a Mexican-American to give him a chance to get out and be at the front of the forefront. No more wetbacks running up and down picking the fruits and things. Now, we're rolling, you know what I mean," King said, drawing more than a few gasps from the assembled media and supporters of the Sweet Science. "That's what makes this country so great, you know what I mean? Yesterday's nobody is tomorrow's somebody. So I'm very thrilled and I'm humbly honored to be in Corpus Christi. Texas, hear my cry. V-I-C-T-O-R-Y. Victory is ours."

http://tinyurl.com/6wdd96d
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:23 pm

captainanddew wrote:steve kim said on twitter that Don King uttered the term "wetback" at the weigh in.
not surprised. i remember when hopkins threw the rican flag down don king looked like he saying something to the extent of " take it, take it" like they had planned the whole thing. matter of fact people in the island even questioned tito and wondered if he was in on it.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  EnragedSlayer Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Anyone have a decent link for the fights?
EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:02 pm

will someone fire gus johnson. He is the epitome of everything that is wrong with sports announcing.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:03 pm

EnragedSlayer wrote:Anyone have a decent link for the fights?
http://tinyurl.com/86slzlm

It's a Brit one. I'm not waiting to watch it replayed at 10 on Showtime
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  EnragedSlayer Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Cool thanks i just found another one http://www.nutjob.eu/
EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Campillo barely survives the first. Cloud rung his bell
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next