The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So could Pac-Mosley now be for The Championship?

+3
dbudge
captainanddew
GrantZilla
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So could Pac-Mosley now be for The Championship? Empty So could Pac-Mosley now be for The Championship?

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Berto is going to lose his 3rd rank spot. Mosley is ranked behind him. I could see Ortiz moving into Mosley's spot, and Mosley moving up to 3rd. And then Mayweather will be dropped by May.

So does that'd make Pac-Mosley 1st and 2nd.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

So could Pac-Mosley now be for The Championship? Empty Re: So could Pac-Mosley now be for The Championship?

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:37 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Berto is going to lose his 3rd rank spot. Mosley is ranked behind him. I could see Ortiz moving into Mosley's spot, and Mosley moving up to 3rd. And then Mayweather will be dropped by May.

So does that'd make Pac-Mosley 1st and 2nd.

probably. LOL.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

So could Pac-Mosley now be for The Championship? Empty Re: So could Pac-Mosley now be for The Championship?

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:38 pm

I hope they put ORtiz into Berto's spot. Mosley doesn't deserve to be ranked 2nd after his lost two fights.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:29 am

GrantZilla wrote:I hope they put ORtiz into Berto's spot. Mosley doesn't deserve to be ranked 2nd after his lost two fights....

...a rare time we agree...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:53 am

That would just make a mockery of Ring's system.

So we would have Mosley who's coming off a loss to Mayweather and draw with Mora to then suddenly fight for a vacant lineal title No

The title should only be on the line for Manny vs Floyd.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:03 am

would this really happen? i doubt if the people over at ring magazine will rank Mosley 2nd after losing an extremely wide UD and getting a draw against a guy who then went on to lose his next fight against a journeyman.

i would have thought that they'd make Ortiz number 2 if they are going to drop Mayweather completely... it will be interesting to see what the Ring decide to do

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:51 am

I just don't see the panel not putting Ortiz in Berto's spot because of Mosley's last two performances.

And Ali, Mayweather not fighting Manny. In fact he's not fighting period. Other rankings like Fat Dan have already dropped him. The Ring has given him an entire year to get his ass back in the ring. Come May he will be gone and rightfully so
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:18 am

I could easily see Mosley be 2 or even the title being on the line for him being 3. We are assuming Mayweather drops off the rankings because of inactivity and he is the only other fighter remotely deserving of the top 2 spots. I have been much higher on Berto than most but I don't think beating him should justify being in the top 2 in normal circumstances. Then there's Shane. He has looked every bit his age the last 2 fights which cover the last 2 years unfortunately.

It comes down to the reasoning of if Manny beats Mosley, will people really say "I don't think he should be lineal champ until he beats Ortiz"? I'm going with no on that one. It really shows how sad WW is at this time but Manny will prove at least to me he deserves to be champ of all ACTIVE fighters when he beats Mosley.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:32 am

Good point. It's a tough situation. Ortiz only having one fight at welter so far, Mosley's last two performance, and how weak Welter has become.

I guarantee whatever decision they make people on here who don't like it will say some agenda and shadiness is involved
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:10 pm

It would be a joke if it is. This would be on the level of the ABC's. They should just keep Mayweather at 2 even if he doesnt have a fight scheduled.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:12 pm

SlickMoney wrote:It would be a joke if it is. This would be on the level of the ABC's. They should just keep Mayweather at 2 even if he doesnt have a fight scheduled.
..i agree.avoid a mistake of a ring belt for this fight even if it means to keep floyd at his current number 2 for a few more weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Ok, but what does Pac have to do to be considered a legit Welter champ? Mayeather doesn't want to fight him. He doesn't want to fight period.

Pac has fought all the top Welters who actualy want to fight. So he has to fight Ortiz for it not to be a joke?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:31 pm

At least Ortiz has a win over a Top 3 welter.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:37 pm

SlickMoney wrote:At least Ortiz has a win over a Top 3 welter.

I guess.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Ali wrote:That would just make a mockery of Ring's system.

So we would have Mosley who's coming off a loss to Mayweather and draw with Mora to then suddenly fight for a vacant lineal title No

The title should only be on the line for Manny vs Floyd.

Their panel better make the right call
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Just weird that Pac would have to fight Ortiz to be considered a welter champion
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:22 am

How crazy will it be if Shane does move ahead of Berto and stays ahead of Ortiz? Floyd will only be removed from the rankings the week of the fight. It will be an odd countdown for Shane and Pac to see it become officially for the belt.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:20 am

floyd may drop in the rankings.i dont see ring excluding him yet from the top ten.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:09 am

This is what I'm talking about. You can't make everyone happy and whatever choice they make people will bich about it and claim corruption is involved.

If Mosley moves to 2nd, they'll be accused of favoritism to big names.

If they move Ortiz over Mosley, you can bet they'll get accused of GB favoritism
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:49 am

dmar5143 wrote:floyd may drop in the rankings.i dont see ring excluding him yet from the top ten.

+1

I wouldnt be surprised if he announces a fight right before the 1 yr of inactivity
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Ring would look really bad if they allowed the vacant title to go on the line for Pac vs Mosley.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Ali wrote:Ring would look really bad if they allowed the vacant title to go on the line for Pac vs Mosley.

They get shit regardless. Just wait if Ortiz moves ahead of Mosley for the GB conspiracy bullshit
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:08 pm

There are so many Flaws in the Rings ratings for Welter IMO. Its going to be a year since Flomo fought and it doesnt look like hes going to lose his #2 rating, Its been 2 years since Mosley won a fight at welter and hes at 4, for Clottey its been like 3 years since he won a fight at the weight (Clottey is #6), they even have Bradley rated and hes probably not going to have a fight back at welter any time soon (Pacy aint gonna fight him even if he wins the ring belt if he beats khan), the first legit fighter fighter Berto fights he losses against (Berto is #3), Mike Jones is rated at 10 and barely beat Soto-karass (Gomez whooped his ass easy).

There will never be a ring welter champ only if Floyd decides to finally fight Pac or they both just retire.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Floyd will be gone by May. The Ring always waits a year to drop someone for inactivity.

But what would be your top ten rankings for Welter
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:49 pm

Diego408 wrote:There are so many Flaws in the Rings ratings for Welter IMO. Its going to be a year since Flomo fought and it doesnt look like hes going to lose his #2 rating, Its been 2 years since Mosley won a fight at welter and hes at 4, for Clottey its been like 3 years since he won a fight at the weight (Clottey is #6), they even have Bradley rated and hes probably not going to have a fight back at welter any time soon (Pacy aint gonna fight him even if he wins the ring belt if he beats khan), the first legit fighter fighter Berto fights he losses against (Berto is #3), Mike Jones is rated at 10 and barely beat Soto-karass (Gomez whooped his ass easy).

There will never be a ring welter champ only if Floyd decides to finally fight Pac or they both just retire.
...good points.the division is such a mess where a few years ago it was exciting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next