The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A FEW QUESTIONS ON THE FIGHT

+3
powerpuncher
Gumby
dmar5143
7 posters

Go down

A FEW QUESTIONS ON THE FIGHT Empty A FEW QUESTIONS ON THE FIGHT

Post  dmar5143 Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:35 am

for the few that actualy think pac won id like to know the following.1.did pac look impressive.2.was it a dominate win3.reverse things and put floyd in there last night instead of pac and the fight was identical.1.will you said floyd won..2.would there be any critisizum of floyd at all.what would you be saying of floyds effort that pac would kill him..what if it was floyd last night again would you say he won not lost.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

A FEW QUESTIONS ON THE FIGHT Empty Re: A FEW QUESTIONS ON THE FIGHT

Post  Gumby Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:57 pm

I had JMM but I'm wondering the exact same questions. I can't see Floyd getting caught with some of the shots JMM did so I can't really make the comparison. But I think in a similar type of fight between those two, it would have been a draw or possibly a win for Floyd. If Pac had won, Max at the very least would be openly more critical (because he likes Floyd) and there would be a lot more media coverage.

Last edited by Gumby on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:08 pm

i cant imagine the floyd hate going on if floyd ever looked like that in the ring against an opponent.

but i think that sooner is the only one that thought that pac won here so he might be the only one answering your question
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:01 pm

dmar5143 wrote:for the few that actualy think pac won id like to know the following.1.did pac look impressive.2.was it a dominate win3.reverse things and put floyd in there last night instead of pac and the fight was identical.1.will you said floyd won..2.would there be any critisizum of floyd at all.what would you be saying of floyds effort that pac would kill him..what if it was floyd last night again would you say he won not lost.

As I said last night, I need to score the fight but it appeared close without scoring the fight. I had JMM up 2-1 after 3 and then stopped. I felt Pac won the 2nd half of the fight and JMM won the first half. I don't know yet how that translates in round scoring though.

The questions you ask: 1. No Pac didn't look impressive but he did compete. JMM has a mental edge, was the same size as Pac, is a dominant LW champ (even if its a surprisingly weak resume). Pac outhustled a guy who usually digs deep to come up with late KOs. 2. Not dominant at all. My gut feeling is I have it a draw or 7-5 either way. 3. I'm a little biased but I think I would score it about the same. I think Pac threw and landed more shots, is the stronger puncher, marked up JMM's face more, and was coming forward. These all factor into how I score a fight. There would be criticism for Floyd just like there is of Pac. These 2 are supposed to roll over everyone and receive crap no matter what.

I think it comes down to ring generalship in the end. Does JMM get more credit for counterpunching effectively than Pac for backing him up? I could easily see JMM getting it that way.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:38 pm

dmar5143 wrote:for the few that actualy think pac won id like to know the following.1.did pac look impressive.2.was it a dominate win3.reverse things and put floyd in there last night instead of pac and the fight was identical.1.will you said floyd won..2.would there be any critisizum of floyd at all.what would you be saying of floyds effort that pac would kill him..what if it was floyd last night again would you say he won not lost.
1. No he looked off. He wasnt his aggressive self and looked a little confused in the first 6 rounds.
2. HELL NO. He won a very close fight but I wont argue with people who go the other way their were too many close rounds to score.
3. If I am being honest I probably score the fight for JMM because I hate Floyd but I cant say that for certain because usually I am pretty honest in scoring fights. Yes Floyd will always get criticism because he is an asshole.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:40 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i cant imagine the floyd hate going on if floyd ever looked like that in the ring against an opponent.

but i think that sooner is the only one that thought that pac won here so he might be the only one answering your question
Nope a few people on the board thought Pac won I just am the only one spouting off besides Ubeeg. Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i cant imagine the floyd hate going on if floyd ever looked like that in the ring against an opponent.

Nope a few people on the board thought Pac won I just am the only one spouting off besides Ubeeg. Very Happy
On top of that it's a good thing Pac won. If he'd lost it really would've taken the luster out of a potential Pacquiao-Mayweather showdown.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:57 pm

Gumby wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

On top of that it's a good thing Pac won. If he'd lost it really would've taken the luster out of a potential Pacquiao-Mayweather showdown.

they will be fighting again in May it appears.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:50 am

Soonermark890 wrote:

i think that ubeeg said that he scored the fight for JMM. maybe im wrong. either way, you are still a loner Twisted Evil
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:38 am

1. No but Manny wasn't terrible either.
2. No it was another close battle.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:58 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:

1. No but Manny wasn't terrible either.
2. No it was another close battle.

+1

And Flod did/does catch a ton of crap for Mosley rocking him and the cheap shot vs Ortiz
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down