The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham

5 posters

Go down

Should Abraham have been DQ'd, was Dirrell acting?

Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham I_vote_lcap70%Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham I_vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]
Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham I_vote_lcap20%Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham I_vote_lcap10%Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham Empty Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:37 am

My thoughts are, Dirrell was clearly down when Abraham landed the punch that ended the fight, my question is, should Abraham have been DQ'd, was Dirrell acting?

Back to top Go down

Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham Empty Re: Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:47 am

the anser i feel ring is yes to dq no to acting.

Back to top Go down

Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham Empty Re: Questions about Dirrell vs. Abraham

Post  powerpuncher Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:40 pm

i agree with dmar. maybe he is dodging the fight now with ward but dirrell was clearly down when abe hit him which was a hard shot too. i dont think that dirrell was acting either. his acting would have to be great improv for the post fight interview for it to be fake. the story might change though if abe was going to win the decision.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:54 pm

The DQ was correct....clearly Dirrell was down (from a slip no less) it's not like AA was in the process of throwing the punch, his feet slid out from under him....as far as the acting, I think Dirrell was hurt by the punch, but the legs twitching and all that was a bit much for me.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:01 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:The DQ was correct....clearly Dirrell was down (from a slip no less) it's not like AA was in the process of throwing the punch, his feet slid out from under him....as far as the acting, I think Dirrell was hurt by the punch, but the legs twitching and all that was a bit much for me.

I have no way of really knowing, but the punch didn't look like it was all that hard, more of a grazing shot. In any event, after the late shot you can clearly see on the replay, that Dirrell 'hesitates' for a second before launching into his act. Had the punch been that devestating, the damage would have been instantaeous, no hesitation. Dirrell was winning the fight, but was getting hurt by Abe's punching power, and looking for a pussy's way out, and found one. The fained KO, leg twitching and the way he acted after the fight and/or during the post fight interview were part of a bad acting job.

BTW, if Dirrell hadn't gone into his act, do you believe that Abraham would have still been DQ'd?

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:36 pm

Ring wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:The DQ was correct....clearly Dirrell was down (from a slip no less) it's not like AA was in the process of throwing the punch, his feet slid out from under him....as far as the acting, I think Dirrell was hurt by the punch, but the legs twitching and all that was a bit much for me.

I have no way of really knowing, but the punch didn't look like it was all that hard, more of a grazing shot. In any event, after the late shot you can clearly see on the replay, that Dirrell 'hesitates' for a second before launching into his act. Had the punch been that devestating, the damage would have been instantaeous, no hesitation. Dirrell was winning the fight, but was getting hurt by Abe's punching power, and looking for a pussy's way out, and found one. The fained KO, leg twitching and the way he acted after the fight and/or during the post fight interview were part of a bad acting job.

BTW, if Dirrell hadn't gone into his act, do you believe that Abraham would have still been DQ'd?
no. just like the jones/griffin fight. it wouldnt have been stopped if griffin wouldnt have flopped. a ref doesnt want to stop the fight if they dont have to but if the fighter cant continue then they are forced to call a DQ
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:37 am

Ever see the Cooney - Norton fight? Cooney kept punching Norton, who was down on one knee, until the ref came and stopped the fight. Cooney stated, "I was taught to keep punching until the referee stops the fight." I agreed with Cooney. So did referee "Tony Perez."

Ever see Marciano vs. Walcott? Yes, Marciano landed a right hand that might go down in history as the best ever thrown. However, following this punch, he clearly hit Walcott when he was down. Do you disqualify "The Rock?" Your answer is probably no.

If Abraham had knocked him down and continued to punch him while he was down, I would've separated the fighters and started a count. I'd take the blame for any controversy because it's my job to stop the fighter from punching. If he slipped and he gets punched then acts like he's been knocked out, I call a "No Contest." Again, I take the blame. Honest refs must have a hard time getting a job. LOL

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:56 am

frankl i agree to a certain extent.actualy rocky hit walcott on his way down.the punch landed just before joe hit the deck.joes gloves nor knees had touched the canvas yet..a split fraction of a second later it did..bowe hit mathis jr clearly after he was down on one knee and about a second and a half or 2 after he was on his knee..it was called a nc..why.bowe was a protected fighter..it should of been a dq.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Illegal shot, DQ was the correct call

Dirrell BS'd IMO, same for the neurological problem
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Ring wrote:

If Dirrell had simply taken a 5 minute injury timeout I would not have a problem with AA not being DQ'd. Without the full on Academy Award winning performance, AA might still have been DQ'd, but the ref would have had time to speak with judges & corners.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:05 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Ring wrote:

If Dirrell had simply taken a 5 minute injury timeout I would not have a problem with AA not being DQ'd. Without the full on Academy Award winning performance, AA might still have been DQ'd, but the ref would have had time to speak with judges & corners.

Right, I believe that should have been the correct call, a 5 minute injury timeout, and possibly a point or two taken away from Abraham, (hindsight is always 20/20) and If Dirrell hadn't done his bad acting job, I wouldn't have even had a problem with the DQ.

The thing is, Dirrell is a straight up bitch for faining the KO, and for the "con job" he put on after the fight and in the post fight interview. I believe Dirrell's bullshit act about as much as I would someone selling beach front property in downtown Detroit.

P.S. this pussy Dirrell was still trying to milk sympathy for his fucking lies on Fight Camp 360, "neurolgical" damage my ass, the only "neuro" problems he has is a big yellow streak running down his back.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:51 pm

I still (grudgingly) have to give Dirrell credit for controlling AA & the fight up to that point. I realize that he was on his bike, trying to survive AA's onslaught, but there's no way to tell if he would have avoided AA until the end. Anything else is fan speculation.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:13 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I still (grudgingly) have to give Dirrell credit for controlling AA & the fight up to that point. I realize that he was on his bike, trying to survive AA's onslaught, but there's no way to tell if he would have avoided AA until the end. Anything else is fan speculation.

I think the thing to remember is, this fight was in Detroit in front of Dirrell's homies, and Showtime was totally bias, and all over Dirrell's nuts. Had it been held elsewhere, I think the worst that would have happened to Abe would have been a point deducted for the late shot.

Like I said in an earlier post, Abraham had been getting to Dirrell with some hard shots, Dirrell was looking for way out, and found one. I will say this, Dirrell did an excellent job of selling his con job, the twitching leg was a nice touch.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:16 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I still (grudgingly) have to give Dirrell credit for controlling AA & the fight up to that point. I realize that he was on his bike, trying to survive AA's onslaught, but there's no way to tell if he would have avoided AA until the end. Anything else is fan speculation.

I dont think anyone would disagree with you there, he was very impressive that night up until the final few rounds

Was an excellent boxer-puncher for what 9-10 rds then Abraham stepped it up a notch and was gunning for the KO, all of a sudden, Dirrell went into that track meet mode and stopped doing what got him there

Thats the frustrating part for me, he has the tools to be great maybe even dominating fighter, but he seems to fall apart when the pressure is on

Have seen it 3 times now in the ring, vs Stevens, Froch, and Abraham
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:27 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

I dont think anyone would disagree with you there, he was very impressive that night up until the final few rounds

Was an excellent boxer-puncher for what 9-10 rds then Abraham stepped it up a notch and was gunning for the KO, all of a sudden, Dirrell went into that track meet mode and stopped doing what got him there

Thats the frustrating part for me, he has the tools to be great maybe even dominating fighter, but he seems to fall apart when the pressure is on

I didn't see Dirrell vs Stevens, but I did see Dirrell cry/whine his way though the Froch fight. At first I wanted Dirrell to win, but by the end of the fight I was hoping Froch would knock this pussy kicking.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Ring wrote:
I didn't see Dirrell vs Stevens, but I did see Dirrell cry/whine his way though the Froch fight. At first I wanted Dirrell to win, but by the end of the fight I was hoping Froch would knock this pussy kicking.

Dirrell ran all night, that performance pretty much got him banned from HBO

If you want to watch a POS fight, enjoy
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:37 pm

I don't see it as a fake at all.

Dirrell showed all the symptoms of a concussion. Memory loss, confusion, involuntary shaking, poor balance, eyes in the back of his head, and he seemed affected by the light and noise. Even if it wasn't a major one it's not a wait 5 minutes and get back in the ring type of injury. If he was faking, are you really going to give Dirrell that much credit as an actor? Had he been training in advance for that moment or did he have the natural instinct and ability to feel himself get grazed and fully develop and act out a fake injury?

Did the shot look massive? No, but Dirrell did not look like he was expecting it. That would make it more devastating. Also, Dirrell had been dropped in the fight and was looking extremely fatigued. So he's lightheaded and off-balanced and takes a clean shot from Abraham while he's defenseless. That's enough in my book to justifiably end his night and account for his condition after the fight. Do I think he's still injured...?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:19 pm

Gumby wrote:I don't see it as a fake at all.

Dirrell showed all the symptoms of a concussion. Memory loss, confusion, involuntary shaking, poor balance, eyes in the back of his head, and he seemed affected by the light and noise. Even if it wasn't a major one it's not a wait 5 minutes and get back in the ring type of injury. If he was faking, are you really going to give Dirrell that much credit as an actor? Had he been training in advance for that moment or did he have the natural instinct and ability to feel himself get grazed and fully develop and act out a fake injury?

Did the shot look massive? No, but Dirrell did not look like he was expecting it. That would make it more devastating. Also, Dirrell had been dropped in the fight and was looking extremely fatigued. So he's lightheaded and off-balanced and takes a clean shot from Abraham while he's defenseless. That's enough in my book to justifiably end his night and account for his condition after the fight. Do I think he's still injured...?

I don't believe he's that great of an actor, I could see right through it, but apprently his act was good enough to fool a lot of people.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:09 am

Ring wrote:
Gumby wrote:I don't see it as a fake at all.

I don't believe he's that great of an actor, I could see right through it, but apprently his act was good enough to fool a lot of people.
i said the same thing as gumby. if it was an acting job, he is very quick witted because being able to pull it off like he did and act like he didnt know what was going on had to have been a very quick decision. i dont think that dirrell could have thought that quickly about that whole thing.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:11 am

i agree powerpuncher and i thought the same thing.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:11 am

Ring wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

i didnt mind dirrell complaining in the froch fight because froch was fouling from the first round and the ref wouldnt do anything about it. froch made the fight ugly and then the ref would warn dirrell for doing anything. i thought that froch should have had a point deducted then got DQ'd in that fight for fouling over and over. then dirrell totally got robbed of the decision. no way did froch win the fight. he only won because it was in england.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down