The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK some questions regarding Floyd

+3
freakzilla
GrantZilla
Soonermark890
7 posters

Go down

OK some questions regarding Floyd Empty OK some questions regarding Floyd

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:34 am

1. Will he ever fight an elite in their prime fighter again?
2. How many fighters has the man ducked?
3. Is he going to jail?
4. Will he ever fight Manny?
5. If he is waiting for Manny to slow down to fight him WHY? He is the older fighter he will slow first.
6. Anyone think he will go after PW?
7. Seriously is the man on drugs right now?
8. Why does a guy with that much talent have to be such a douche?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

OK some questions regarding Floyd Empty Re: OK some questions regarding Floyd

Post  GrantZilla Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:40 am

Look at his dad and uncle and that's all you need to know why he's the way he is.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:43 am

GrantZilla wrote:Look at his dad and uncle and that's all you need to know why he's the way he is.

Agreed, When the 2 most influential males in your life are that fucked up it won't help your cause at all.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:49 am

Soonermark890 wrote:1. Will he ever fight an elite in their prime fighter again?

I'll bet he'd fight JuanMa, Chris John or Giovanni Segura tomorrow

I won't say ducked, but here are guys who were top five ranked in the divisions he was in that he didn't fight. Paul Spadafora, Stevie Johnston, Juan Lazcano, Joel Casamayor, Kosta Tszyu, Hatton at 140, Popo Freitas, Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, PW and some Filipino dude.

3. Is he going to jail?

Hope not.

Doubtful

5. If he is waiting for Manny to slow down to fight him WHY? He is the older fighter he will slow first.

He's hoping for wear and tear on the Filipino.

Nope.

I think he is WAY too fit and well preserved to have those kinds of issues. He ALWAYS Blooks like he could fight tomorrow.

Bad parents?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:59 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:1. Will he ever fight an elite in their prime fighter again?

I won't say ducked, but here are guys who were top five ranked in the divisions he was in that he didn't fight. Paul Spadafora, Stevie Johnston, Juan Lazcano, Joel Casamayor, Kosta Tszyu, Hatton at 140, Popo Freitas, Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, PW and some Filipino dude.

Isn't there footage of Spadafora working Floyd over in sparring back in the day?

3. Is he going to jail?

Hope not.

Doubtful

Nope.

I think he is WAY too fit and well preserved to have those kinds of issues. He ALWAYS Blooks like he could fight tomorrow.

Bad parents?
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 am

captainanddew wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Isn't there footage of Spadafora working Floyd over in sparring back in the day?

3. Is he going to jail?

Hope not.

Doubtful

Nope.

Bad parents?

Yeah, but it's sparring and pretty clear nobody was going full out. Spadafora had a chance to be a real bad dude. Instead he became a REAL BAD DUDE.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:25 am

[quote="Soonermark890"]1. Will he ever fight an elite in their prime fighter again?1. No. He's avoiding the biggest star in boxing. Fighting someone else would make him look as if he was primarily avoiding Pac. The steroid accusations have never even made it to first base. What would Ray Leonard had looked like if he made these accusations against Duran and Hearns and refused to fight them? And take my word for it, Leonard was a lot better than Floyd Jr.

2. How many fighters has the man ducked? Let me see. Cotto, Margo, Pac.. that makes 3. Paul Williams makes four.

3. Is he going to jail? Confusing subject here. The case itself holds a lot of serious charges for acts that don't seem that serious. Grand Larceny for taking a cell phone that he bought his girlfriend? An assault on his girlfriend where no serious injuries occurred? My take is that the system sees him as trouble. Floyd was in trouble for allegedly ordering the death of a fellow thug. We don't hear about that anymore however I don't think it's forgotten.

The best I can do is structure an analogy. "Criminal A" continues to cause trouble in the neighborhood. He's picked up by the police a number of times for violent crimes in which the victim will not testify. On the fourth visit, "Criminal A" sees the Cops and states, "Ok, you got me again" and starts to put his hands against the wall for the arrest procedure. The cop states, "Oh no. We didn't come here to arrest you." Nobody sees "Criminal A" again. Common story with known violent felons. The courts have less obvious and more sophisticated ways of dealing this type of justice. Floyd Mayweather may be an example. It's not good to keep getting arrested for violent crimes, skipping court dates again and again and showing disdain for your victims and the system. As a result of all this, I've come to the conclusion that Floyd Jr. is just plain dumb. He's made a conscious choice to move out of his mansion and move into a "2 by 9 Cell" with Bubba who's going to stick him in the ass every chance he gets. Not exactly a modern day version of Einstein.

4. Will he ever fight Manny? I don't know. How far can his fear of Manny (or losing) last? With all the rejection he's getting from fans and the press, (Getting heckled at Basketball games by crowds that cheer "Manny's" name in unison, the negative letters and you tube humiliations, the press labeling him as a coward.) you would think he'd come around. How many fantasy worlds can he create and hide behind with his friends before he comes to the conclusion that he lives with fear for another man. I do know this. If this fight never materializes, down the road, he'll regret not fighting Manny. Keep in mind, he's backing down from the most important fight of his life.

5. If he is waiting for Manny to slow down to fight him WHY? He is the older fighter he will slow first. Correct. This is not, Leonard - Hagler. Floyd doesn't have the brains Leonard did. The longer he postpones the fight, the more he's working against himself. Floyd's fight is a brilliant work of ring generalship, genius defense and crafty footwork. However, the nucleus of his fight is speed. His whole fight will go down the tubes when his speed dissipates and he will no longer be a special athlete. So, you're right. Another really bad decision by Floyd Mayweather.

6. Anyone think he will go after PW? No. No win situations are not Mayweather's forte.

7. Seriously is the man on drugs right now? I very seriously doubt it. His last fight was a study in near perfection. He doesn't appear to have lost anything at the moment. His outbursts are due to ignorance and a childish demeanor, not drugs. My take. I have no direct or even indirect connections to him so I obviously have to guess here. He's probably drinking, but that's about it.

8. Why does a guy with that much talent have to be such a douche?[/quote] I've been asking that question about Hollywood actors ever since I started watching movies. Most people are not confident enough to handle being a celebrity. Inside, a person like Floyd may have an unrealistic fear that he is found out as a coward. Arrogance is the flip side of self hatred. It's a defense to hide the insecurities someone feels. There's also a great deal of pressure being a celebrity, let alone a famous boxing champ. Floyd has to prove himself over and over again. He appears alone in front of the whole world to do this. From where I sit, the pressure seems to be melting him down. My take is that a fight against Manny would've saved him from this last legal episode. No, I don't think its coincidence that he's making the dumbest decisions of his life right now. He's troubled over his inability to agree to fight Pacquiao, and at least in public, is in total denial about that. He really needs to fight Pacquiao for his own good, win, lose or draw. It's what he came back for. I don't think avoiding him and having his version of a "Nervous breakdown" is the answer.

Last edited by Frank on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:39 am

3. Is he going to jail?

1. I don't think he'll ever fight a fighter in there prime anymore unless he has an unbelievable advantatge!
2. I think he ducked Margarito and Cotto (at 147) I don't care what anyone says about Arum, Margo went up to Floyd asking for a fight and nothing happened, to me that's a duck! Also Floyd said Cotto had to do everything under the sun before he would fight him.
3. Nope, he wont do a day in jail.
4. I doubt he fights Manny, too much risk in my opinion.
5. If he does fight Manny it'll be when Manny is old and that's because Floyd will say that he wasn't interested in the fight before that and claim to be the best ever if he wins.
6. No way does he go after Paul, Paul got caught by a strong and quick Martinez, Floyd doesn't have the power to do what Martinez did. Too much risk.
7. I don't think he's on drugs, I just think that boxing isn't his # 1 priority and he'll fight when he wants to fight and he doesn't care what anyone thinks.
8. I think Floyd's ego is a lot bigger then many people think and a lose to him is worse then not fighting. It's too bad because I would have really like to see Floyd fight the cream of the crop when the WW division was stacked before he retired!
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:03 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Look at his dad and uncle and that's all you need to know why he's the way he is.

...lol true..all good ansers from marble captain and frank and the rest..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:05 pm

When in the blue hell did Flod duck Clottey ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Ali wrote:When in the blue hell did Flod duck Clottey ?
...i agree with you here ali..he didnt have time to duck clottey cause he was too busy ducking the other guys..

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:15 pm

This board has the potential to turn Floyd Haters into Floyd Huggers.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:16 pm

The only fighter Flod truely ducked was Margarito, you have evidence with the $ 8 million offer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Norm1023 wrote:This board has the potential to turn Floyd Haters into Floyd Huggers.
..norm not realy..the guys like me who dont like him have solid reasons why and his abilty is not one of them..he is talented..

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down