The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about Berto's corner

4 posters

Go down

Questions about Berto's corner Empty Questions about Berto's corner

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:47 pm

1-who was the black kid right in camera view in Berto's corner? Is he related to Berto (my guess or else the trainer would have told him to shut the fuck up.). He didn't shut up during the fight. He was talking every time Berto's trainer tried to give instructions.

I'm sitting at home. No one is throwing shots at me. I hadn't been partaking of alcohol (rare for a fight night but true). And I was fucking confused what the hell I was supposed to do if I were Berto. I couldn't hear shit the trainer was saying because of all the talking. How is Berto supposed to get any instruction in that kind of sham of a corner???

2-What I could hear from Berto's trainer was one note. I need you to stay off the ropes and box. Your guy has no legs he needs to know what to do on the inside. Why didn't you teach him that before now??? Why don't you have any instructions on specific tactics for in close right now?? The best Berto could do from round 7 on was to box from the outside for about 70-80 seconds. Then he ended up on the ropes. If you taught him how to do anything inside then maybe he wins some of the rounds.

3-Why did Berto's trainer wait till the 12th to tell him he needed a KO?? If I was his trainer I would have been saying before round 10, we need every round. Before round 11, I would have told him he has 6 mins. He needs at the least both rounds and a knockdown, but in all likelihood he has to knock Ortiz into the next world.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Questions about Berto's corner Empty Re: Questions about Berto's corner

Post  GrantZilla Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Not always the trainers fault their fighter can't fight on the inside. It's a product of the joke AM system, and why most young fighters can't inside fight.

By the time they get into the pros they been fighting in the terrible AM style for years. So they are not comfortable with inside fighting nor does it come naturaly to them.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:40 am

Im pretty sure that little black kid was Bertos brother. I noticed myself that kid talked too much in there, he shouldnt be allowed to work the corner again.

The trainer isnt world class, Berto hasnt worked on any of his flaws and hasnt progressed since he became champion. He needs to dump the guy that took him this far and go else where to improve. He is where Pavlik is at this point of his career.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:07 am

The kid was his brother. His trainer didn't do much but he was probably just as shocked as Berto was by what was happening. I'm sure their gameplan was "you're faster and can box better than this guy" and when both backfired Berto did his own thing. So his trainer told him to get back to the plan and Berto decided not to let his trainer walk him off a cliff and try to load up on counter shots which almost worked.

I doubt they had any backup plans. Berto's trainer either didn't know how to adjust (likely) or didn't think his fighter could adjust to new instruction on the fly (unlikely).
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:12 am

Diego408 wrote:Im pretty sure that little black kid was Bertos brother. I noticed myself that kid talked too much in there, he shouldnt be allowed to work the corner again.

The trainer isnt world class, Berto hasnt worked on any of his flaws and hasnt progressed since he became champion. He needs to dump the guy that took him this far and go else where to improve. He is where Pavlik is at this point of his career.
...good points.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down