The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about this forum

+6
powerpuncher
captainanddew
SlickMoney
GrantZilla
dbudge
ScottLevinson
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Questions about this forum Empty Questions about this forum

Post  ScottLevinson Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:38 pm

I know Marble was on here, but now he's not. What happened. Same with Soonermark. I saw him on here before, now I don't.

Do you guys still post on ESPN (which is a real pisshole for boxing talk at this point) When Caloca is the board's foremost historian, you know you got problems. Nice enough kid, I'm just sayin.

Any other general info you can hook me up with? Is this basically like an all-star team from the old ESPN board? I dig it. I just don't know what's going on.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Questions about this forum Empty Re: Questions about this forum

Post  dbudge Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:43 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:I know Marble was on here, but now he's not. What happened. Same with Soonermark. I saw him on here before, now I don't.

Do you guys still post on ESPN (which is a real pisshole for boxing talk at this point) When Caloca is the board's foremost historian, you know you got problems. Nice enough kid, I'm just sayin.

Any other general info you can hook me up with? Is this basically like an all-star team from the old ESPN board? I dig it. I just don't know what's going on.

haha something like that........

i think some of us are banned from espn. i honestly don't know what happened with Marble.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Sooner is busy but this is his site. As for Marlb. Who cares. Everytime there is some heated debate, he takes his ball and leaves.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:36 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Sooner is busy but this is his site. As for Marlb. Who cares. Everytime there is some heated debate, he takes his ball and leaves.

That would be Ring.

Marble only did it once to my knowledge.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:41 pm

I remember Marble doing that on the espn board. He'd sometimes just go awol. Dude is a historian though, which I put some stock in.

But as long as we have the champ here (Grant) we can still get it done.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:48 pm

ScottLevinson wrote: But as long as we have the champ here (Grant) we can still get it done.

Yup, I'm the WBC Intergalatic-continental-Asia-Pacific "Champ"

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:38 pm

Ring didn't get along with Ali. He left for the 2nd time a few weeks ago.
Marble and Sooner Mark went at each other in an off-topic thread. Marble decided to leave.

I left ESPN after everyone else was getting banned and threads were getting hijacked (about a year ago).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:41 pm

there were a few people that would get offended too much and leave. this place is great though. easily the best boxing message board ive ever used. people actually know what they are talking about. i just wish that some people would realize that on a message board you shouldnt get offended.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:43 pm

powerpuncher wrote:there were a few people that would get offended too much and leave. this place is great though. easily the best boxing message board ive ever used. people actually know what they are talking about. i just wish that some people would realize that on a message board you shouldnt get offended.

marble leaving was a bit strange. He insulted Mark rather harshly. Mark zinged him back. He decided to leave. Rather strange. Especially considering they were discussing an off-topic issue and both of them were making decent points, but it was in issue that is rather gray with no clear right or wrong.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Oh that's too bad. I like hearing from both those cats. Thanks for the updates, though.

Yeah this is way better. Quality over quantity. A lot of mfs in here who can look at a situation with a little equanimity for a change. Thing about internet boxing commentary is that everything is stated in total extremes. You all see it's not always black and white, but usually gray. There isn't that mindless side-taking going on here like we're rival high school football teams having a pissing contest. The opinions are strong, but open to change, as we all grope to make sense of this crazy barnstorming sport.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:15 pm

i miss Marble's fountain of knowledge Sad

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:33 pm

+1 dbudge,whether i agreed with his opinions or not,he always provoked thought.espn board last time i looked was like a soap opera.lots of bitching & name calling,little reality

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:15 pm

Mark is around. Marble is AWOL. I just hope he's alright because he just stopped posting (not sure if it had to do with the argument between him and Sooner or real life stuff) and no one really knows what happened to him. Would've enjoyed his take on Ortiz and Morales. His presence is missed.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 12:39 am

I emailed Marble recently but he ignored me Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun May 01, 2011 7:41 am

Ali wrote:I emailed Marble recently but he ignored me Sad

keep e-mailing him. i'm curious to know whether his debate on here really is the reasoning for his departure or whether he is genuinely OK. it's a shame because you know Marble genuinely knew his stuff. he was a genuine boxing enthusiast through and through and his knowledge invaluable. i genuinely feel like something is missing on here without Marble about, and i don't mean that disrespectfully to any of you other guys on here. just how it is

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 10:01 am

dbudge wrote:
Ali wrote:I emailed Marble recently but he ignored me Sad

keep e-mailing him. i'm curious to know whether his debate on here really is the reasoning for his departure or whether he is genuinely OK. it's a shame because you know Marble genuinely knew his stuff. he was a genuine boxing enthusiast through and through and his knowledge invaluable. i genuinely feel like something is missing on here without Marble about, and i don't mean that disrespectfully to any of you other guys on here. just how it is
..the debate on here yes had everything to do with him leaving unfortunetly.marble is a asset on any forum he posts on.
both he and ring have found another forum to particpate on about a month ago or so.he and i shared very similar views on the ortiz-berto fight as well as kahns latest venture ..he as far as i gather unfortunetly will not return.
scott i like the saying that the forum is a all star team of former espn members..we thank you for the compliment..
marble leaving isnt a case of taking your ball and going home if a debate occurs.although he and i share thoughts views on the game and fighters past and present that are almost identical i have disagreed with marble on a rare occasion and he with me.both stated several reasons based on facts defending there point of view and that was it.marble has partcipated in several disgussions on this forum that had opposing points of views.the one with sooner unfortunetly as captain said got out of hand which resulted in marble leaving.my thoughts are and there mine only that the two said things in the heat of the moment that were hurtfull to both guys and was not representative of either guys true honest feelings i feel nor represenative of there decent personalities.unfortunate indeed..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Which forum ?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Ali wrote:Which forum ?
just google marbleheadmaui and you'll find him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 2:21 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:Which forum ?
just google marbleheadmaui and you'll find him.

Evil or Very Mad JUDAS

Very disappointing to see Marble there, and the fact he's ignoring my emails only pisses me off more.

I actually considered Marble as a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun May 01, 2011 4:00 pm

Disappointing to see that Marble moved on but he has got to do what is best for him. I liked reading his posts more than anyone else's but at this point I think I'm done following him Laughing We have a good group of intelligent guys that want to debate and discuss boxing. Perfect for me since I still consider myself a novice.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun May 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Sad

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 01, 2011 4:26 pm

if someone wants to leave then thats fine with me. especially if its for a stupid reason.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Sun May 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Sometimes, people can get pretty moody on message boards, which seems silly. Rise above the fray for Christ's sake. Never let 'em see ya sweat.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 01, 2011 4:50 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:Sometimes, people can get pretty moody on message boards, which seems silly. Rise above the fray for Christ's sake. Never let 'em see ya sweat.

I agree. It's stupid. And it is a case of taking your ball and leaving as soon a discussion gets heated and you got people that disagree with you.

I get shit on here for my hatred for ABC belts and support for The Ring. It's all good.

It's only a matter of time before you all follow GrantZilla to the promiseland of ABC belt irrelivancy

Last edited by GrantZilla on Sun May 01, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun May 01, 2011 4:59 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
ScottLevinson wrote:Sometimes, people can get pretty moody on message boards, which seems silly. Rise above the fray for Christ's sake. Never let 'em see ya sweat.

I agree. It's stupid. And it is a case of taking your ball and leaving as soon a discussion gets heated and you got people that disagree with you.

I get shit on here for my hatred for ABC belts and support for The Ring. It's all good.

It's only a matter of time before you Akko follow GrantZilla to the promiseland of ABC belt irrelivancy

i'd sooner be HIV positive and have David Haye shaft me with his meaty sword of passion

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next